Poll: EA being friendly?

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
I've never understood the hate for EA myself. I don't know much about the company but they have some good games, some bad ones too but that's always the case.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
lostclause said:
I've never understood the hate for EA myself. I don't know much about the company but they have some good games, some bad ones too but that's always the case.
Hear the plea of Bioware. EA devoured them. If they resisted, then they would have died.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
RebelRising said:
Simple. Activision has simply become so evil that EA has shifted its ground in order to bolster a more favorable image and destroy Activision's competition by making a good move for every bad move Activision makes.

Though, I've never had much of a problem with EA to begin with. They were a profit-oriented company, sure, like any company, but considering that they've released some risky quality titles in the past year or so, they are partnered with my favorite developer Bioware, and such, I did support them monetarily, because I want my developers to succeed.
Basically they are balancing the scales

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Hail Fire 998 said:
lostclause said:
Hear the plea of Bioware. EA devoured them. If they resisted, then they would have died.
And? Bioware is still making good games like mass effect and has ambitious projects going (I think the new starwars MMO is theirs). As to EA taking them over, it's a dog eat dog world.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
I never understood why everyone said EA was so evil in the first place. I've never had a problem with them.
The whole buying out and destroying smaller game developers got them a bad rep, along with over the top DRM and buggy/unfinished games.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
lostclause said:
Hail Fire 998 said:
lostclause said:
And? Bioware is still making good games like mass effect and has ambitious projects going (I think the new starwars MMO is theirs). As to EA taking them over, it's a dog eat dog world.
Well, back when I was a fanboy of the xbox 360, Mass Effect was an exclusive to run with. EA changed that. Plus. EA does really, really annoying things with their games, making them 0% use friendly (ie: limited installs).

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
nice to see, as an active member of gay rights when i heard about them helping us i was almost about to buy one of their bland run of the mill games.

Karlott

Apr 8, 2009
Ormick said:
Internet Kraken said:
HardRockSamurai said:
Internet Kraken said:
I never understood why everyone said EA was so evil in the first place. I've never had a problem with them.
Ever heard of SecuROM?
That had no impression on me.
Ever heard of games that are bland shit? EA is behind most of them.
Anyway, after hearing about EA picking up Brutal Legend, I have abandoned hope. We all know what happens to studios that EA takes interest in. If the words "Milked fucking dry." don't spring to your mind, then you need to get your head checked out.
Except EA has it now because Activision didn't want it, because it couldn't be milked fucking dry. Activision has become the new EA (also why they dropped Ghostbusters.)

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
That EA is a spy!

On topic, I never had a problem with them. There a major company and large organizations like that do tons of stuff be it good or bad. I doubt if they're every really tuned one way or the other on the good/bad scale.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Hail Fire 998 said:
Well, back when I was a fanboy of the xbox 360, Mass Effect was an exclusive to run with. EA changed that. Plus. EA does really, really annoying things with their games, making them 0% use friendly (ie: limited installs).
I think most people would disagree and say that porting mass effect was a good thing (where's pho3nix when you need him?) especially since it was designed for pc. I've never encountered the limited install thing but surely they would realise that it has no benefit it's annoying (unlike securom which has a benefit and only annoys some people)? Wouldn't that cause them to drop it? Anyway, this is all render moot by the fact i have them to thank for dungeon keeper :)

phar

Jan 29, 2009
Yeah im liking EA lately. OP didnt mention that they arnt raising their prices for the christmas period and that they are offering some good deals on the EA sports line (well in Australia they are, Buy one get $25 off the next)

I like how they let developers have freedom (a lot more than they used to) and that theyve continued to publish a lot of new IPs.

I have certainly played a lot more EA titles that have been quite good recently than in previous years. Bar Call of Duty I wish I could say the same for Activision.

Im not saying EA is my favourite publisher but I am beginning to build a bit of trust for their company in terms of gaming.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
lostclause said:
Hail Fire 998 said:
I think most people would disagree and say that porting mass effect was a good thing (where's pho3nix when you need him?) especially since it was designed for pc. I've never encountered the limited install thing but surely they would realise that it has no benefit it's annoying (unlike securom which has a benefit and only annoys some people)? Wouldn't that cause them to drop it? Anyway, this is all render moot by the fact i have them to thank for dungeon keeper :)
I thought it was designed for Xbox 360... Hmm. I guess you have a point. Im still not glad about seeing "EA" games on a Bioware game box. It bugs me in the biggest way possible.

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Hail Fire 998 said:
I thought it was designed for Xbox 360... Hmm. I guess you have a point. Im still not glad about seeing "EA" games on a Bioware game box. It bugs me in the biggest way possible.
So did I until pho3nix corrected me. And really the only reason it seems to bug you is that there is this whole anti-ea sentiment, which is slowly being changed to activision. The best way round that is to remember the true genius behind the game anyway (here's looking at you Brutal Legend).

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
lostclause said:
Hail Fire 998 said:
So did I until pho3nix corrected me. And really the only reason it seems to bug you is that there is this whole anti-ea sentiment, which is slowly being changed to activision. The best way round that is to remember the true genius behind the game anyway (here's looking at you Brutal Legend).
I hate both EA and Activision and I dont really care for Ubisoft (after the new PoP, that is.) I'll have to talk to this pho3nix guy. Im interested in what he told you.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Must...resist...Admiral...Ackbar pic....

Honestly I always thought that Activision were the evil ones. Although the only good EA game I can remember playing recently was Black.

darn it...

lostclause

Mar 31, 2009
Hail Fire 998 said:
I hate both EA and Activision and I dont really care for Ubisoft (after the new PoP, that is.) I'll have to talk to this pho3nix guy. Im interested in what he told you.
Personally I prefer to judge games on their own merits, or that of the developer. EA has a lot of ups and downs, Ubisoft has some good games but they seriously need to think things through before they start a game (a hint for AC2 there). I don't think I've ever played an activision game so I'm in no position to comment there, though they've had a bad run recently with product placement in bionic commando and RE5's partner system. pho3nix is a nice guy, what he told me can be confirmed by wikipedia.