Poll: EA being friendly?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
It's a trap, if you want the proof, just look at Warhammer Online! And L4D2.

spoonish

Jun 10, 2009
i swear its probably a court-ordered community service thing, but they managed to keep it quiet

Nmil-ek

Dec 16, 2008
Its buisness, nothing but EA does not have strong IPs never will independantly they want abit of Activisions action after absorbing Blizzard. It's both beneficial and a hinderance on the industry small buisnisess get the funding, resources and publishing they need covered in exchange they need to deal with more deadlines and EAs policies.

The_Deleted

Aug 28, 2008
Activision are the new Lords of Evil now. There's are a rising number of gamers who are going to boycott any future releases, those being CoD: MW2 and GH5. And Only buying the games Pre-Owned. Myself included. They seem to have nothing but contempt for those of us who keep them
in jobs. Dropping games that would have sold, Brutal Legend, Ghostbusters, because they could not be exploited for sequels.
EA seem to have realised that if they want to sell games they need to keep the genuine gamer happy and not treat them like shit. Good on 'em.

Jun 8, 2009
EA is a company like any other, out to make money, whether they do this in a customer friendly manner depends what makes money. (i.e. depends on the intelligence of the target audience.) Nonetheless, if they're being nice we would do well to encourage this shift in events, and not send them back down cynicism lane.

LeWiggster

May 14, 2008
EA picked up Brutal Legend, and that alone has boosted my opinion of them. Add to the fact that they've realized that maybe putting Securom on everything was a bad idea and they're no longer putting it onto their new games, and they're well on their way to improvement. The panel looks interesting too, but I doubt it's going to go much further than that.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
EA is just behaving like a rational business. When they put DRM install limits on Spore, it did nothing to slow down piracy but created a massive backlash even in the mainstream media (the Amazon bomb was something even EA couldn't ignore.) Their stock price has also been beaten like a redheaded stepchild of late, having dropped 50% since last August (from 44 down to 22). That's costing EA's executives mucho dinero and threatening the comfy millionaire jobs of their board members and CEO.

Under those circumstances about the only way their corporate people can keep their jobs is to start reforming their reputation. With a little help from Activision and Ubisoft acting like total dicks, ERTS is well on its way to respectability again.