Poll: Ear Stretching

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Dangit2019 said:
In my opinion:

Pretty much this.
Light streching (like Dangit's first picture) looks okay, but those huge holes are literally disgusting to me. Exactly like lip and neck stretchers, or binding feet.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
It looks bloody TERRIBLE.

Even worse is when a guy I know who's stretched his ears takes the rings out. It looks like someone took a flamethrower to his flesh. It's gross. Please don't do it.

Pfheonix

Apr 3, 2010
Love that shit. I would if I was one of that style. I'm more of the 90's punk combined with early, sagged loose pants from hardcore. Don't do piercings myself, but I love chicks with them. And don't get me started on tats. Tunnels I like, though I prefer disks to loop gauges.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I imagine bad things would happen if you got in a fight...:\

I dislike how they look on both genders (small ones, less so but huge ones are just....jesus.)
But, I also dislike nasal and tongue piercings, so take that how you will.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Personally, I think they look fucking retarded and I don't understand why anyone would do it to themselves. But that's just my opinion.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
It's a horrible idea and you will regret it later. Do yourself a favor and just get an earring or something.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I can't wait for the day, when I'm old and grey, and I see other old and grey men and women with huge holes in their ears because they made a short-sighted cosmetic choice :D
One of my dad's friends is in his 60's and he has stretched ear lobes. He has a ring that sorta hangs from the one, like perpendicular and suchly. Of course, his nickname is "Pirate"...

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Lucem712 said:
I imagine bad things would happen if you got in a fight...:\

I dislike how they look on both genders (small ones, less so but huge ones are just....jesus.)
But, I also dislike nasal and tongue piercings, so take that how you will.
I was about to mention the fight thing, think about how fucking bad it would be to have big tearable handles on your head in a fight, that's just asking for an extremely painful and embarrassing experience if you ask me.

Also, only the little ones look halfway decent, anything I can put my thumb through(or larger) looks nasty on anyone.

Dec 14, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
I can't wait for the day, when I'm old and grey, and I see other old and grey men and women with huge holes in their ears because they made a short-sighted cosmetic choice :D

You may think flesh tunnels and the like look cool now, but just wait.

Age will make a cynic out of you yet :D
You mean that time in your life when you already have a mountain of excess skin and look like what I imagine Gary Busey's scrotum spat back out?

Yea I'ma go ahead and not really care too much about that.

Seriously though, I hate that argument. Why is everyone so concerned with what they'll look like as a geriatric? You'll look like hell no matter what you do. May aswell enjoy your youth while it lasts.

OT: I've got a size 10 stretcher coil in my left ear. And 2 size 3 stretchers in my right. I like em, and they're quite often a conversation piece. Don't really plan on getting any larger ones.
Or when you're 45 and you look like you made holes in your ears because you're having a mid-life crisis :D

Phantom Kat

Sep 26, 2012
Guess I'll stop lurking now...

I personally have 6mm tunnels and I wouldn't recommend anything higher than 10mm. If you keep them relatively small it generally looks better and is easier to just put in flesh coloured plugs to make them less noticeable if you have to.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I would not go for it, they look ugly. If you what to do something in your spare time, become a coffee addict.

Risingblade

Mar 15, 2010
It looks ugly and only ugly people should do it...so go right ahead! :D

but seriously that shit looks so unattractive but if you really want to then go ahead.

Dec 14, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Abandon4093 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

You mean that time in your life when you already have a mountain of excess skin and look like what I imagine Gary Busey's scrotum spat back out?

Seriously though, I hate that argument. Why is everyone so concerned with what they'll look like as a geriatric? You'll look like hell no matter what you do. May aswell enjoy your youth while it lasts.

OT: I've got a size 10 stretcher coil in my left ear. And 2 size 3 stretchers in my right. I like em, and they're quite often a conversation piece. Don't really plan on getting any larger ones.
Or when you're 45 and you look like you made holes in your ears because you're having a mid-life crisis :D
By the time I'm 45 it won't be quite as odd. 50 year olds will be walking around with implants, tattoos and stretchers all over the place.

And we'll likely be complaining about how the youth of today have no respect for their bodies because they're injecting animal DNA or replacing body parts with machines or some such (one can dream.)

Point being social norms change, and the amount of people body modding and tattooing at the minute means that attitudes to such things will change, and quickly I imagine.
Pfft, as soon as Deus Specs become available, I'll be getttin' me some of those.

Mostly so I can do this.

Dec 14, 2009
Abandon4093 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Abandon4093 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Abandon4093 said:
Daystar Clarion said:

By the time I'm 45 it won't be quite as odd. 50 year olds will be walking around with implants, tattoos and stretchers all over the place.

And we'll likely be complaining about how the youth of today have no respect for their bodies because they're injecting animal DNA or replacing body parts with machines or some such (one can dream.)

Point being social norms change, and the amount of people body modding and tattooing at the minute means that attitudes to such things will change, and quickly I imagine.
Pfft, as soon as Deus Specs become available, I'll be getttin' me some of those.

Mostly so I can do this.
I'd go full cyborg in a heartbeat.

Motherfuckers got swag.
Shut up baby I know it.

Hell, I imagine as soon as technology advances to a point where we can transfer our consciousness to machines (think Ghost in the Shell), I don't think I'd pass up the chance at eternal life, or close to it. That's assuming that it happens in my life time of course :D

Gnoekeos

Apr 20, 2009
I personally wouldn't do it but I'm afraid of regular piercing because I believe I would get them hung up on stuff all the time. As it is now I alway manage to hook my belt loops on stuff when I pass too close, I'd hate to do that too my ear. I see a lot of people condemning them as a ugly but I like the way some of them look, the guy who does my hair has the cool blue stones he puts in his but I have seen some that are pretty obscene cries for attention. As for the whole you'll have to deal with it when you get old argument, while I've never looked into this I imagine that getting them to look like regular earlobes again should be pretty easy now so long as you don't mind them chopping off your excess earlobe and stitching it back to a normal shape and Cosmetic surgery like that is only going to get better as technology gets better. In a few more decades we may have nanomachine surgery that can restore your earlobes to their original prestreched state.

In short though I wouldn't recommend them, particularly if you're looking for a good job but in the end you gotta be you.