Poll: Elder Scrolls or Fallout?

shrimpcel

Sep 5, 2011
I'm going with The Elder Scrolls, no questions asked.

A friend gave me New Vegas as a gift and I got bored rather quickly. Oblivion and Skyrim, on the other hand, have both kept me entertained for a very long time.

The only thing I'd take out of New Vegas to include it in TES would be the "Hardcore" mode, or survival mode. And even then, it would be appropriate for Skyrim but not necessarily for Oblivion, which was set in a much more "tame" environment.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Fallout wins by having a better setting spread out between all of its games whereas the Elder Scrolls has one cool setting (Morrowind) and the rest are just generic.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
I do not feel qualified to answer this question. I've never played any Fallout game except about fifteen minutes of the first one, but the only Elder Scrolls game that I've really fallen in love with is Morrowind. Of course, Morrowind happens to be my favorite game of all time. Anyway, I'm not going to answer this question until I play Fallout 1 and 2 (they're on my to play list, but I haven't gotten around to them).

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Fallout I find the alternative history of the cold war escalating much more exciting then a generic fantasy story. Also I enjoy fallout's combat much more than tes since it feels that every new weapon I get is unique to my last one and each has it's own situational uses while in tes when I find a new sword that has better attack power I'm going to stop using the old sword all together.

Tdoodle

Sep 16, 2012
Probably The Elder Scrolls, I find it much easier to get lost in those worlds than Fallout. But I'm going to invest in New Vegas in the near future so that might change. Love both series though.

epidemia

Nov 24, 2012
New Vegas is the best thing to come from bethesda since morrowind, but considering they didnt develop it, no surprise. The only gripe I have with it is that its actually quite linear. The placement of high level enemies means you are pretty much forced to go south and take the long route to Vegas every single time unless you want to risk coming across those giant wasps or deathclaws at level 1.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Voted Elder Scrolls.

I don't care for post apocalyptic theme and I also dislike the Vats mechanic.
That said, Elder Scrolls actually has an even worse combat system but a far more interesting world IMO.

I used to love Bethesda, but these days I've grown out of their games.
I love the open world options but they just can't create fun gameplay and combat.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Bah! I can't choose one over the other. They're both equally awesome in their own way.

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
Fallout because I grew up with Fallout 2 and Tactics. However, TES has recently roped me in with Daggerfall and Morrowind. I sure loves me some Morrowind.

Iyon

Recovering Lurker
May 16, 2012
Elder Scrolls

I love me some Elder Scrolls.

Fallout has a really cool atmosphere but...

I love me some Elder Scrolls. Even the combat. That's right.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I really like both, but probably prefer the Elder Scrolls games more.
Mainly because I've always felt as though they have a bit more content in them in regards to side quests and misc objectives. Plus the depressing wasteland settings of the Fallout games can get to me after a while.

eimatshya

Nov 20, 2011
Well, I haven't played every entry for each series, but out of the ones I have played (Daggerfall, Redguard, Morrowind, and Oblivion vs. Fallouts 1-3 and NV), I prefer the Fallout series overall. I played epic amounts of Daggerfall when I was a kid, but I've never been able to get into Morrowind or Oblivion. They just feel flat and lifeless, and I can never get immersed. It never feels like anything I do matters.

In contrast, in the Fallout games, the world feels much more vibrant and dynamic. I can believe that this is a real place where people could and do actually live. It feels like I am legitimately part of its fantasy world, rather than just playing with some action figures against thematically appropriate backdrops (as I tend to with Morrowind and Oblivion).

As such, the Fallout series wins for me due to the greater sense of immersion.

Pebkio

The Purple Mage
Nov 9, 2009
Gotta go with Elder Scrolls for the magic. And the only Fallout game I've liked is Fallout 3. But I like Fallout 3 more than any of the Elder Scrolls games... just... not more than them combined.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
Gotta go with Fallout too. The series as a whole is more interesting and unique than The Elder Scrolls. TES seems at times like a generic fantasy RPG.

Dont get me wrong, the Elder Scrolls games are fun. I just prefer Fallout overall