Poll: Empire or Stormcloak?

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Ruwrak said:
Murais said:
SPOILER-FUCKING-ALERT.

I know. I'm one of those silly bitches that hasn't finished Oblivion yet (and am finishing it before playing Skyrim). But seriously. Please be careful?
I think that after 5 years of release date it's safe to say that? Or are we supposed to be silenced forever about things?
It's like saying that noone can say that Sephiroth is defeated :p

(besides, why have you not yet completed Oblivion? It's a cakewalk. A rather short cakewalk at that.)
Didn't really have a computer that could run it until now. I just downloaded it on Steam this past week when it was on sale, and I was checking the forums in between sessions, then KER-BAM!

And that's a different kind of spoiler. Telling me the villain is going to be defeated is something that I take as a given in most games. If I were playing Mass Effect, and you told me that Saren gets defeated, that's one thing.

But if you tell me
That I have to choose whether I kill Wrex or not for his beliefs
that's not the same deal. Not all of us get around to things in the same time frame as others. Talk to me next week about Oblivion. Dig?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
In my first playthrough, I joined the Stormcloaks mainly because of how the Imperial soldiers tried to chop my head off, the moment I was freed, I thought to the Imperial Legion; "You'll get yours."

But I was turned off later on when I learned how the Stormcloaks were somewhat racist toward the Dunmer and Khajiit, but changed my mind when I learned about the Thalmor, who were ten times worst when it came to being racist, and how they're allies with the Empire. I think you can guess the rest.

I hope there will be Skyrim DLC that involves killing the entire Thalmor government and handing the territory over to either the Empire or the Stormcloaks.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Murais said:
Didn't really have a computer that could run it until now. I just downloaded it on Steam this past week when it was on sale, and I was checking the forums in between sessions, then KER-BAM!

And that's a different kind of spoiler. Telling me the villain is going to be defeated is something that I take as a given in most games. If I were playing Mass Effect, and you told me that Saren gets defeated, that's one thing.

But if you tell me
That I have to choose whether I kill Wrex or not for his beliefs
that's not the same deal. Not all of us get around to things in the same time frame as others. Talk to me next week about Oblivion. Dig?
I was halfway writing a decent post, then I realised that this is the internet.
You expect me to be a psycic or something? You can't tell me that you never -ever- heard -anything- about Oblivion and plot twists the past few years. I'm not psycic and I most certainly can't take in mind that someone on this planet has not yet completed Oblivion by this time.

You gotta understand man. Surely you do, you sound like a sensible chap. Oh and no. No I don't dig. I only dig in Minecraft, or in my yard.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
Well I WAS going to go Stormcloak my first time through, but then I actually played the game and realized how horrible their position is. Seriously, for one they're douche bags to anyone who isn't a Nord, they're barely organized at all, and Ulfric can barely seem to keep Windhelm in one piece, how is he gonna rule an entire country? I'm going Empire, they know how to keep their shit together.

Nalfen

Sep 1, 2009
Did the Stormcloaks allow the Blades to be killed off? No? You mean that was the Empire?

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
I haven't chosen a side yet. I will choose the imperials because...well, the Stormcloaks come across as some form of murderous cult to me. All the supporters come across as weirdos who can do nothing but praise Ulfric and Ulfric himself wants to kill everyone who doesn't support him even if they don't support the Empire (Whiterun, yeah those guys that are so nice to you right at the start, hell if my loyalties don't go to Jarl Baalgruuf over any of the other pretentious or self obsessed jarls around.)

I'm on the imperials side because, Hadvar doesn't push joining the army on you whereas Ralaf does. All the locals who support the empire are normal people, all the stormcloak supporters are crazy or seem hypnotised and in the end, the empire are actually good for Skyrim whereas if Ulfric becomes high king a huge war between the empire and the stormcloaks will get worse with all the thalmar and dominion jumping in. Also what's to say a tyrannical freak like Ulfric won't get the smart idea that taking over the whole of Tamriel and outlawing magic, elves and breton because they're for wimps. Yeah not a fan of the guy

Dance Commander

Sep 10, 2010
>incoherent Stormcloaks think racism is their only problem
typical simple minded Nords. Couldn't run a fucking Breton whorehouse let alone an entire continent. Compare Windhelm to Solitude. Solitude is clean, law abiding and full of nice citizens, and punishes those who break the law. Windhelm couldn't care less for the law. It's overrun with poverty and crime, probably smells like shit and incredibly filthy. This is the town that Ulfric runs, the power hungry dipshit nord who could care little for Skyrim or its inhabitants and only wants power

>not playing Imperial master race

azizking2

Aug 20, 2012
Why I joined the Stormcloaks:

WARNING SPOILERS:
I played Morrowind-Skyrim and I know a lot of the lore and history of Tamriel which is what impacted my decision. First of all racism was abundant way back then IRL and The Empire doesn't really trust all species or openly criticize except General Tullius who repeatedly insults Nordic culture. Nords are a species I play in every Elderscrolls game because I admire their strength in combat. Let's begin with the Thalmor dossier, Ulfric was one of the most powerful soldiers in the legion and without the Nords the Imperials would never have recaptured the Imperial city. Sleeper agent doesn't really mean he works for the Thalmor because he shows hostility towards Elenwen which I will get to explain later and when the Aldmeri Dominion denied Ulfric the worship of Talos in Markarth after he kicked out the Forsworn invaders remaining Bretons from after the terms of the Nordic-Breton peace treaty and the Forsworn didn't agree to it. Now let's get to the meeting, whether you kick out Elenwen or not will make one person more jerkier than the other. If you kick out Elenwen, Ulfric will be the good one and Tullius will be demanding land and if you allow Elenwen to remain Ulfric will be the jerk and Tullius will be the good one. Now for the racism, Nords used to be friends with their Elven neighbors in Ysgramor's time when they built Saarthal. Human population rapidly increased, this threatened the Snow Elves which allowed them to start a genocidal campaign against the men of Atmora. Ysgramor and his two sons returned to Atmora and told them of the Elven betrayal. 500 companions came with Ysgramor and fought the Elves and were victorious. Ysgramor founded Windhelm and became the first Nordic King. He then began a genocidal campaign against the Elves in revenge and they hid with the Dwemer and became Falmer while the rest hid and were killed by Falmer. Then only 2 exist and the Dragonborn kills one of them in Dawnguard. Well you can see where the sour relations began and to be fair the Dunmer were racist to everyone back in Morrowind and I remember a House Redoran guard saying to me "I'll cut your tongue you bag of filth" even though I did nothing. So the Dark Elves were basically more racist than the Nords. So because of the Elves Nords were cautious and racist to other species aside from humans. Now most of you Legionaires out there are saying without the Empire Skyrim would be under Thalmor rule, well you are most definitely wrong! After the Emperor said Hammerfell was no longer part of the Empire because they denied the terms of the White Gold concordat. The Thalmor instantly declared war and guess who won? The Redguards who had far less soldiers than the Empire and they became the only nation to defy the Thalmor and emerge victorious. That's how they got their independence. Nords are hardy, powerful people why can't they win if the Redguards already did? To all of you Argonians out there I made a play through to see this racisim
To my character and the Stormcloaks respected me for joining them! Plus the Stormcloaks treat me like family while the Legion treats it more formally. Stormcloaks call me brother while the legion calls me soldier. Ulfric before he decided he should be High King he liberated Markarth so Talos worship can be restored that was all he wanted in return and Torygg backed by the Empire denied it! Elisif is backed by the Empire because she is a weak ruler and she relies on Tullius and her court to do the work for her which will allow the Empire complete control of Skyrim! If you side with Empire Talos shrines will be removed and they have the most useful blessing reduced shout time, but if you side with the Stormcloaks Talos shrines will be restored and you have more places to get that blessing. I find Ulfric as a friend when I completed the quest line and if you joined the Companions their most valuable member and ally are Stormcloak loyalists. This is why I joined the Stormcloak against the Mede Empire because the Septim Empire ended 200 years ago when Martin Septim became the avatar of Akatosh. I also believe the Dragonborn should be an Emperor because it's tradition for a person with Dragon blood to become Emperor. DEATH TO TITUS MEDE II!!!!!

Ulfric Stormcloak

Jan 19, 2016
"We drink to our youth, for the days come and gone.
For the age of oppression is now nearly done.
We'll drive out the Empire from this land that we own.
With our blood and our steel we'll take back our home.

All hail to Ulfric! You are the High King!
In your great honor we drink and we sing.
We're the children of Skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
And when Sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies!
But this land is ours and we'll see it wiped clean.
Of the scourge that has sullied our hopes and our dreams!

All hail to Ulfric! You are the High King!
In your great honor we drink and we sing.
We're the children of Skyrim, and we fight all our lives.
And when Sovngarde beckons, every one of us dies!

We drink to our youth, to the days come and gone.
For the age of oppression is now nearly done."

Any True Nord of Skyrim would never side with those Imperial Bastards