Poll: Escapists' Avatars

SheleKnights

Oct 6, 2010
I had an interesting thought while browsing other Escapists' avatar pictures, and I'm wondering how many avatars are from a notable medium. Please discuss in greater length where your avatar is from in the thread, especially if you chose the "Other" option.
My avatar is Cabadath, from Yahtzee's Trilby game series. I obtained the animated .gif from the Indie Brawl forum.

Edit: The music option has been added. Thankyou,
Mimssy said:
Music. It's a LaRose guitar
I have no more option fields to put media in, sorry.
One hour edit: The poll has progressed as I expected; most of the avatars are gaming related, but I was not expecting the amount of avatars related to "other" topics and TV. Anime, movie, and Internet related avatars have progressed in the poll as per my expectations.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Gaming and Anime, mostly.

Although I'm seriously considering changing it to something...non-Pokemon related. :eek:

dakorok

Dec 8, 2010
My avatar is the image for the Psychological character type in Sonny 2.
Incidentally, that's an awesome game. Check it out.

ThatLankyBastard

Aug 18, 2010
I honestly don't know where mines from... I just found it and liked it...

Actually, now I'm wondering... Anyone know what my Avatar is?

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Movie and Play, but this is from the movie version of Repo! A Genetic Opera.

REEEEEEPO MAAAAAN!

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Well it's a freaking giant panda, and I'm a furry. I'll be generous and give you three guesses as to why I picked that for my avatar.
Oh, and I found it by using Google images. (Didn't draw my own because I have the artistic skills of a jittery 10-year-old with ADHD on crack.) PREEEEETTY sure that it's not violating copyright law. It's, um... free use under the, uh... "Fuck Off" licensing. (And I'm not being a dick, I don't actually mean fuck off, 'tis a joke, no banhammer please...)

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Gaming, Bioshock, same avatar for over half a year (excluding special x-mas edition). I have considered changing again occaisonally, but once you've used an avatar for a while it becomes often what you're recognised by. I doubt I'll ever change it now unless I think of something really amazing and worth it.

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
Mine is gaming related. It's Felix from Golden Sun: The Lost Age with the Judgement summon behind him.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
Uh, Internet...I guess.

Either that or "Other", but I think it has more to do with the internet. (Seeing as it has a meme at the bottom.)

"Cool story, bro" is a meme, right?

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Do you really have to guess? It's been this was since I first joined, and I have no plans to change it soon.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
Gaming, Anime and the Internet since there is a collection of things with the same facial expression. Also fruit and PRIATE.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Books, games, video games.

Battletech/Mechwarrior. National symbol of the Davion territories, the Federated Suns.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
I foresee this thread getting a billion replies despite the fact that it's just people talking about themselves.