Poll: Ever been in Love?

pezwitch

Mar 31, 2009
I fell in love when I was 19 and he was 20. We got married a year later and I still love him after 20+ years of marriage.

My husband says he knew I was the one because I didn't automatically annoy him when we met and I still didn't annoy him after he knew me for a while. After all these years of marriage he says I only occassionally annoy him, so I know he still loves me.

I knew I loved him because I couldn't imagine a future without him in it (and I still can't even though I know, intellectually, that one of us is going to die first).

Sometimes I think people complicate love too much. I show him I love him by not being a psycho witch. He shows me he loves me by being kind and courteous and believing in me.

So, the simple secret to our relationships is we show our love by treating each other with respect and politeness. It's very easy to fall and stay in love with someone who treats you well and doesn't bring drama into your life.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Mackheath said:
Once I did.

Now I don't. I will do all in my power to avoid becomming dedicated to one person ever again, and I hope no person manages- through luck or miracle- to gain my heart.
This^
I do my hardest not to let anyone gain my heart. After the 5 years I dedicated waiting for the guy that I thought I loved....Never again. I destroyed myself once and refuse to do it again.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I would say the feeling I have towards a certain someone in my life is 'love'. Unfortunately, due to a TL;DR series of events, we aren't together. Not being with her is the one regret I have. Forever alone...

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Well I am going out on a limb and saying yes and still am

I started dating my girlfriend when I was 16 and 5 years later we are still steady so ya yay for me!

marcooos

Shit Be Serial Cray
Nov 18, 2009
ace_of_something said:
a few times. I finally found 'the one' about 5 years ago she was right in front of me for about 10 years before that. I met her because my friend's girlfriend brought around all the girls from her church youth group. (Oh boy stuck up girls) There was one little firecracker who caught my eye, she had hazel eyes, strawberry blonde hair and well she had to quit gymnastics because her center of gravity shifted too high... if you know what i mean
I walked up to her and said "Hi, don't know if Laura told ya about me" she responded with an exotic accent I never heard before "Ah, yes, you are one of the twins oui? Who are you?"
"OH! Umm I am Thor."
"Oh, I am sorry. I have some aTH'prin in my purse"

I instantly had a crush on her for that wit alone. Alas at the time she had a boyfriend. We both saw each other every now and then at social gatherings one or the other of us always attached though. Never once, not ever did she ever get me and my twin brother mixed up. We could be wearing the exact same thing, same hair cut, everything. She knew when it was me.

At parties her and I always talked and talked.
I assumed she was so flirty because she was French. I found out some time later from my female friends that no, actually she was kind of an ice queen except when I was around. Then I went to a new years eve party and she was there both of us were single, so I said "ya know what we've never really gotten to know each other... we should" She said yes. Our first date I took her to the restaurant my parents went on at the first date. A year later I asked that little french girl to marry me and she said yes.
3 years in October.
Our wedding theme was 'right in front of me'
Couldn't be happier. I'm slowly learning french in secret hoping to surprise here on a birthday or anniversary.
Meh its gonna make me sound like a massive wuss but that story put a massive smile on my face good luck to ya mate

Matt East

Apr 4, 2011
GiglameshSoulEater said:
Matt East said:
Yes, it had bad results for all involved.
Now while I hate the cliche, it had a very Shakespearean ending, not words of mine, but of my friends.
People died in a twist of dramatic irony and betrayal?

Damn, son, thats a bad way to end a relationship.
Well not quite, death was avoided, think Romeo and Juliet, but they didn't die, just never seen each other again, which would have been a shitty ending.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
marcooos said:
ace_of_something said:
a few times. I finally found 'the one' about 5 years ago she was right in front of me for about 10 years before that. I met her because my friend's girlfriend brought around all the girls from her church youth group. (Oh boy stuck up girls) There was one little firecracker who caught my eye, she had hazel eyes, strawberry blonde hair and well she had to quit gymnastics because her center of gravity shifted too high... if you know what i mean
I walked up to her and said "Hi, don't know if Laura told ya about me" she responded with an exotic accent I never heard before "Ah, yes, you are one of the twins oui? Who are you?"
"OH! Umm I am Thor."
"Oh, I am sorry. I have some aTH'prin in my purse"

I instantly had a crush on her for that wit alone. Alas at the time she had a boyfriend. We both saw each other every now and then at social gatherings one or the other of us always attached though. Never once, not ever did she ever get me and my twin brother mixed up. We could be wearing the exact same thing, same hair cut, everything. She knew when it was me.

At parties her and I always talked and talked.
I assumed she was so flirty because she was French. I found out some time later from my female friends that no, actually she was kind of an ice queen except when I was around. Then I went to a new years eve party and she was there both of us were single, so I said "ya know what we've never really gotten to know each other... we should" She said yes. Our first date I took her to the restaurant my parents went on at the first date. A year later I asked that little french girl to marry me and she said yes.
3 years in October.
Our wedding theme was 'right in front of me'
Couldn't be happier. I'm slowly learning french in secret hoping to surprise here on a birthday or anniversary.
Meh its gonna make me sound like a massive wuss but that story put a massive smile on my face good luck to ya mate
I hope that doesn't make you as wuss as I did the same thing!