Poll: Everyday person's throne

Aug 19, 2010
The Toilet!

I'm not here it discuss the societal impact of this invention. I'm not here to praise the advancements in hygiene we have achieved due to this glorious creation.
No, my dear escapists, I'm here to ask one, very simple question. A question with no weight, or importance, a question which's substance is nigh nonexistent.

I'm here to ask, that when sitting on thy humble throne, do you lean back, setting your back against the wall/tank, or lean forward, stalwartly planting your elbows upon thy thighs?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
You're doing it wrong! You're supposed to sit facing the cistern, so you have a place to put your papers and inkpot.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
I just... sit. I don't lean back against anything- that's gross. But I'm not bent over double so as to have my elbows on my knees either. Taking a shit only takes about a minute if you're not ill so I don't see why you would need to adopt a posture for it.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
If I am going to be there for awhile I lean forward usually. If I sit like that for too long the circulation in my legs gets cut off and they fall asleep >.>

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
A slight lean forward would be my way of sitting.
*runs to the toilet to check how I sit*
Usually I also have my elbows on my thighs...

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I lean forward, because it helps things... move. The human body is meant to squat when relieving itself[footnote]so yes, those Asian squat toilets are actually the right idea, not Western style commodes[/footnote], and it's actually got mechanisms to make it harder to poop when sitting up or laying down (so you don't crap yourself when you don't want to, presumably.) Leaning forward gets you closer to that natural position. Putting a stool[footnote]No, not /that/ kind of stool, a step stool.[/footnote] under your legs while leaning forward helps even more.

And now you know probably more about the human excretory system than you ever wanted to.

Aug 19, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
I lean forward, because it helps things... move. The human body is meant to squat when relieving itself[footnote]so yes, those Asian squat toilets are actually the right idea, not Western style commodes[/footnote], and it's actually got mechanisms to make it harder to poop when sitting up or laying down (so you don't crap yourself when you don't want to, presumably.) Leaning forward gets you closer to that natural position. Putting a stool[footnote]No, not /that/ kind of stool, a step stool.[/footnote] under your legs while leaning forward helps even more.

And now you know probably more about the human excretory system than you ever wanted to.
... I feel unclean after reading all that...

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I NEVER sit back!

You know that statue The Thinker? Yeah, that's how I sit.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Yep, standard elbows-on-thighs pose from me. Apparently there's a 'proper' way to sit while you poop, to maximize relaxation of all the relevant muscles and make the whole thing an easier and generally more enjoyable experience.

It's basically a natural squat. like this:

Why the fuck is he wearing a watch though? I mean, he's totally nude, but for some reason the artist drew a watch. It's not like he needs it when demonstrating the optimum pooping position.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Forward, I mean toliet are not exactly like office chair when the big comfy back.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
All I know is I exclusively refer to going for a shit as "claiming the Porcelain Throne of Westeros".

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
TheRightToArmBears said:
You're doing it wrong! You're supposed to sit facing the cistern, so you have a place to put your papers and inkpot.
A South Park reference is the correct answer to an otherwise disturbing thread.

I mean seriously, why would you want to know?

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Butters, would you mind answering this for me?

Thanks Butters.

OT - The normal way, but Butters has a bloody good point.

Quijiboh

Mar 24, 2011
I tend to be holding something like a book or an iPod, so I lean forward so as not to be dangling it precariously over the bowl.

Aug 19, 2010
Legion said:
I mean seriously, why would you want to know?
No particular reason. The idea to question the general population came to me while sitting on a toilet (shocker), and tried leaning back, and found it rather uncomfortable.

Dec 15, 2009
Definitely forwards, unless I'm going to be in there for a while in which case I might shift around a bit. It makes it easier to read a book or the screen of my phone... Don't look at me like that! You all do it to, dammit!

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Pohaturon said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

Yeah, I tried to be all technical about it, but that somehow made it worse. The "stool" joke in the footnotes probably didn't help matters either. Although at least I didn't post a picture, like Wadders here:

Wadders said:
Yep, standard elbows-on-thighs pose from me. Apparently there's a 'proper' way to sit while you poop, to maximize relaxation of all the relevant muscles and make the whole thing an easier and generally more enjoyable experience.

Why the fuck is he wearing a watch though? I mean, he's totally nude, but for some reason the artist drew a watch. It's not like he needs it when demonstrating the optimum pooping position.

Aug 19, 2010
Owyn_Merrilin said:
Pohaturon said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:

Yeah, I tried to be all technical about it, but that somehow made it worse. The "stool" joke in the footnotes probably didn't help matters either. Although at least I didn't post a picture, like Wadders here:

Wadders said:

Good point... that shit's disturbing...
[small]huehuehuehuehueheuhuhe[/small]

smokeyninjas

Apr 5, 2010
Definitely forwards while reading my phone if at work or on my laptop if in the house.

Multitask that shit out.