Poll: Everyone, talk about fruit.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
TheNumber1Zero said:
Radeonx said:
This man is actually the world's experts on pineapples.
Listen to everything he says!
Pineapples have been known to cure the widely-spread and every-reoccurring affliction known as hunger!
Pineapples are great for carving Jack-O-Lanterns for your Hawaiian themed Halloween Parties in the middle of April!
Pineapples are rather pointy, making them excellent for pointing out the flaws of those around you at a rapid pace!
Now I really want to eat a pineapple....time to make a run the the grocery store!

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
TheRealCJ said:
Xpwn3ntial said:
Coffee is made from coffee beans. Tea is made from tea leaves.
Neither of those are Fruit.
If you read the OP closely, the question is asked why coffee is not considered to be tea. I answered that question.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
-.- well this is different, why fruit though?

eh, screw it, i like apples an oranges, why? cause i do

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Purple plums = delicious. When I was a kid, we'd cut them up in chunks and dip those pieces in sugar or sweeteners in the summer-time. Helped balance out the tart. They also make a damn fine preserve. Pears do too actually. Mmmm, pear jam.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
I love bananas
don't really care for blueberries. when eating fresh ones it feels like popping a pimple in my mouth yeah I have ruined blueberries to half of my family.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Bananas are fruit, anyone telling you otherwise is a bloody liar. They fall into both the scientific botanical classification of fruit, as well as the common usage of the word. Quit your smear campaign against this noble fruit.

Though if you did want to trash talk about bananas, there is the fact that they are naturally slightly radioactive.

Marble Dragon

Mar 11, 2009
Brutal Peanut said:
Purple plums = delicious. When I was a kid, we'd cut them up in chunks and dip those pieces in sugar or sweeteners in the summer-time. Helped balance out the tart. They also make a damn fine preserve. Pears do too actually. Mmmm, pear jam.
Purple plums are amazing. They're one of my favorite fruits, and definitely my favorite out of the variety with pits. I've never thought of dipping them in sugar, but I've eaten them along with ice cream. So good. I wish they got more recognition in the fruit community.

I've met people with strong opinions on apple temperature. One of my friends refuses to eat an apple that isn't ice cold. I suppose I understand it. But apple desserts, for the most part, should be warm, in my opinion. What do you all think about fruit temperature?

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
I freaking love pineapple. (Quit giving me that look, I do not appreciate your projections.)
But I will do some pretty horrible things if I can get fresh pineapple out of it.
Oranges are another favorite, if a rather common one. Citrus as a whole I am rather fond of, though I dislike the rindy taste of grapefruit. Lemonheads candies are delicious. So are Warheads, and those damn things are really hard to find around here.
Oh, and peaches. Among Life's Little Pleasures, there are some things better than biting into a ripe, freshly picked peach, but it's a very, very short list.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
mango, put it in a blender and then their you go an awesome drink....I really feel like a mango smoothie now >_<

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
In Puerto Rico we call it Parcha, and in juice it can make the most evil person nice, at least until his cup runeth dry.

Edit: I was quoting the dude that mentioned passion fruit, and forgot the quote :-S

Gladiateher

Mar 14, 2011
Lieutenant Dan said he invested our money in some fruit company, and we won't ever have to worry about money again. I said good, one less thing.

Reyalsfeihc

Jun 12, 2010
Arizona used to be the number one exporter of oranges in the U.S.... now all our remaining orange orchards do is grow weed :( the poor oranges... (p.s. grape tomatoes are delicious)

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
Lesnik said:
I got bored, made an account, mentioned bananas in my first post, and now I want to hear all you friendly strangers tell me about fruit. Just whatever you know about some of it, like how the meat of bananas come in three sections, or...something else.

Also, if you can't think of anything fruity, can someone please tell me why coffee isn't considered tea?

...And if you absolutely can't come up with anything draw me a pterodactyl!

EDIT: Bananas aren't fruit, so forget I told you that.

EDIT-ER: The internet keeps telling me that bananas are fruit, so forget I told you to forget I told you that.
Bananas make great phones... and good entertainment...

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
this thread is full of win.

Gimme some pineapple! 'Tis the bestest of the fruits.