Poll: Evil Facebook

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I hate it, I have it, but I hate the fact that it absolutely dominates people's social lives.
It's a necessary evil, but only because we made it so.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
My second aunt has told me to watch what I say on Facebook.
She is also not aware how dry my sense of humour is.
I have had one of my uncles on my grandmother's side of the family say that they look up my statuses because they are usually hilarious. Which I was flattered with. Yet he did not enjoy it when I wrote a status saying that he is now my creepy uncle. and he was sadden by the fact that I called him Uncle considering for all my life I have called him by his actual name.

I have the rare occurrences when my family members ask about what I post but it is usually not that big of a deal. and my parents do not have facebook because their reason is "If I spend all day on the computer at my job why the hell would I do it with my free time?"

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Randy11517 said:
Define use. I have a page yes. I do not update, maintain, or add friends past the ones i already have.
By use i mean log on to facebook.

Double A said:
linkvegeta said:
... Facebook ... is ... crap ...
I wholeheartedly agree.

I will continue to keep not using it.
haha I like your edit.

beniki

May 28, 2009
Oh for goodness sake, it's a glorified forum with exclusive members. If it's causing you any kind of trouble it's probably your own damn fault.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Got fed up with the inanity of it all. Not just the content, but the worthless people I felt obligated to observe and communicate with. Doing things the old fashioned way with people I deem essential is pretty damned liberating, let me tell you.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
linkvegeta said:
I don't know if its me or what, but i can't stand Facebook anymore, is it the fact that all your family members are friends and when you make a funny comment or something and your talking with your buds on Facebook when all of a sudden your parents join in and ruin everything? Have you ever had something like that happen? or how Facebook changes its look every 6 months or is it the Facebook games and the massive spam of invites and crap that people send you constantly forcing you to block everything.

See the thing is im on the verge of completely deleting everything off my profile then deactivating it. But i don't know if i will or not because there is at least 10 people i want to stay in contact with, but Facebook keeps shoveling crap in my face, what should i do?

do you dislike Facebook? if so then why?
Personally, I do use it at the moment. But I only have 30 or so friends and I only add the people that I actually enjoy talking to. And my friends aren't the type to spam invites etc.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Only reason I use it is to keep up with friends I haven't seen in a long time, or live in another country.

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
Eurgh. I've really gotten fed up of Facebook by now. I only got it because of peer pressure in the first place, and even though it's the only way I can reliably contact all of my friends (most of whom don't have/rarely use Skype or MSN), it's now a way my parents can discretely spy on me while I'm at university.

But like the fool I am, I still use the bloody thing. Somebody. Help. :p

reyttm4

Mar 7, 2009
I've got one, and constantly got it up in another tab, but I hate it so I can complain about Facebook on Facebook! I'm so trendy it hurts.

Seriously though. I do always have it up in another tab although I seldom update it. And I dunno I just don't get all the stuff through about people playing games on there any more. To be honest I barely ever see people playing games on Facebook.

linkvegeta said:
...is it the fact that all your family members are friends and when you make a funny comment or something and your talking with your buds on Facebook when all of a sudden your parents join in and ruin everything?...
And that is the reason I haven't added my parents. I'm just glad that they haven't friend requested me. You can't turn down that.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
You don't add parents, this is the single most obvious rule since not standing next to someone at a urinal.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Meh, never bothered to get it and I don't really like their attitude towards privacy.
And the few friends I actually want to keep in touch with I can reach through RL, MSN or here.

Sep 30, 2010
I never used it. I can't stand facebook for some reason. It just really gets on my nerves and now that everyone and their mother have one I either get asked if I have one, talked to by a person who assumes I have 1 or gets told to get 1 pretty much every day. The more people try to involve me with it the less I want to create an account.

Also it seems like maintaining a facebook account would be a lot of work and just another thing I would never bother with.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I love Facebook. With how many times my family and I have moved, it makes keeping in touch with old friends incredibly easy.