Poll: Evil Shepard or Good Shepard

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
Which one did you do in Mass Effect were you a goody 2 shoes or did you just say screw the council and do it all evil

I have done both and I like both ways

Dark Harbinger

Apr 8, 2011
Renegade, Shepard suits the cold badass.

'What sound will you make when you hit the ground? Reckon you'll hear it before you die?'

'I'm tired of your disingenuous assertions'

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
AMX58 said:
Which one did you do in Mass Effect were you a goody 2 shoes or did you just say screw the council and do it all evil

I have done both and I like both ways

Oh, that's nice :)

On a serious note however, I've only gone with being good in Mass Effect, never felt like trying out the "evil" part of it.

Adiona

Mistress of Evil
Mar 25, 2008
Renegade baby ;)

The comebacks and quips are epic, and I never tire of punching a certain female reporter ;)

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
I can't be a renegade, because if I do, I feel compelled to kill my character at every chance I get because I hate them so much.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
As far as I'm concerned, Renegade Shepard is still basically good. Just sort of... anti-hero-ish, without actually going to the lengths that say, Frank Castle goes to on a regular basis. It's more of a question of "lawful or chaotic" than "good or evil".

That said, I ended both games with more Paragon points than Renegade points. But I still had 20% of my renegade bar filled up.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I prefer the paragon shepard. but that doesn't mean he won't get mad sometimes and maybe push a person off a building or punch a reporter from time to time.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
I'm already being too nice in real life, so I vote asshole shepard. I tried paragorn after, but it was too mushy.
I was only nice to Joker and Kelly, my main *****.

3AM

Oct 21, 2010
Midnight Crossroads said:
Paragon because scarred up Shepard is hideous. BioWare did the same thing with KoTOR.
I liked the renegade scars, the way the light glowed through them was lovely. My problem was there wasn't always a good renegade choice. I didn't take the choice as being between good or evil. Renegade Shepard still did the right thing, she (I played female) just wasn't as polished or politically correct in her methods.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
I'm pretty much all paragon all the time with the exception of the end of my first playthrough of the first game in which I let the council die.

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
I played ME2 as both Renegade and Paragon (Multiple times for each though more Paragon runs)

ME1 I've also tried both, but prefer Paragon.

Also in ME2 when going into the quarrantined area at the start I find it very difficult to let the Batarian die... I don't know why.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
I like BADASS Shepard. Not a crazed murderer (like renegade in ME1 was), but badass, awesome, trigger-happy Shepard.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Going to have to go with Paragon; to me, Evil/Renegade Shepard isn't really bad; (s)he's more a jerk. I understand what being a Renegade is supposed to be all about, but when you actually are a Renegade in Mass Effect, you come across as just being a massive prick rather than either an unconventional or an at-all-costs type. I mean, I like when Shepard is a jerk to jerks (Oh hello insinuating reporter *FALCON PUNCH!*), but I don't want to be a jerk to everyone just to get my Renegade up. The fact there is no benefit for a middle ground doesn't work for me; if Paragon and Renegade had nothing to do with intimidation and persuasion, I'd be fine with being bit of both.

I preferred the KOTOR system which meant there was some kind of middle ground which was of benefit (No discount either Light and Dark Force Powers, but no additional cost for using the opposite ones to the side you were aligned with.)

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Paragon mainly, though in the second I was mainly playing paragon but did opt for the renegade ending.

being a jerk just dosen'r suit me that well.