Poll: Evolution and the other side

AlexNora

Mar 7, 2011
my friendly evolutionist would you mind telling me if you have ever once seriously looked at the other side. I'm talking about at least a week or two of long research into creationism.

no debate on if evolution is true or if god exist just wondering a yes or no on if you did your research and how long you spent researching it.

and i meant reading books written by actual creationist not evolutionist claiming creationist, say this but this is why there wrong (this kind of thing can easily be a straw man to knock down and pretend they won)

also references would be nice

here's a quote:
"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight"

want to research it now? try this link.

http://www.drdino.com/category/type/video/debates/

(it isn't much just a video with some interesting points you can take for thought or ignore I really don't care, what you believe is none of my business)

(there's a Q&A starting half way through the video but i just realized it doesn't let you skip until its loaded so if you want to see just that part your going to need a little patience)

(no DO NOT debate the video here that's not the point the poll at the top is)

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Statistically speaking, Atheists actually tend to score higher in tests/quizzes about the bible/torah/qu'ran contents than average members of the church in question.

Atheism is generally a side-effect of having increased knowledge on the topic than the religious folk. As so many say, the best way to become an atheist is to actually read the bible.

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
What's with all the evolution vs. creation threads?
And religion vs. science/atheism threads, in general?
They're rampant. Stop making them. No-ones mind ever gets changed on the Internet.

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
I don't want to start something, but there is no debate here. Creationism is simply bullshit and evolution for the most part is fact.

AlexNora

Mar 7, 2011
interesting but please have a yes or know answer to your post

lotr rocks 0 said:
Statistically speaking, Atheists actually tend to score higher in tests/quizzes about the bible/torah/qu'ran contents than average members of the church in question.

Atheism is generally a side-effect of having increased knowledge on the topic than the religious folk. As so many say, the best way to become an atheist is to actually read the bible.
this is the reason I don't believe evolution i studied it enough to realize its very unstable at best but creation is no better

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
AlexNora said:

lotr rocks 0 said:

this is the reason I don't believe evolution i studied it enough to realize its very unstable at best but creation is no better
Would you mind elaborating slightly on what you think is "unstable" about the theory of evolution? I'm no expert but I may be able to clarify some things.

Imsety

Oct 26, 2009
Well, yes and no.

Yes, because I've had plenty of exposure to the feeble mewling of cdesign proponentsists.

No, because there is no scientific evidence offered for creationism. All they ever come up with is strawman arguments and weak "refutations" of evolutionary theory, as if that would declare creationism to be automatically true.

AlexNora said:
I can guarantee you that you haven't studied evolution enough.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
In the primary schools around here, from the ages of 4 up to 11 we are taught about Christianity.

They teach us all about Creation, and since we knew nothing to begin with we accept this as complete truth. Well I say "teach us ABOUT", it's more like "Tell us". They don't present it as a theory, or as something that might have happened. They tell us that it DID happen. We had to pray several times a day and also recite hymns.

So everyone around this area grows up being a Creationist really. We have science lessons about nature and our bodies, but the subject of the universe and creation is avoided really.

What I'm trying to say is, what actual research can be done on Creationism? I became interested in science quickly after leaving that cult (oops, school) and made a decision to believe in science and facts. I looked at Evolution and it seemed like a great theory with plenty of accumulating evidence to support it.

So having spent the first half of my life as a Creationist, I think that qualifies as research. Since there is no physical evidence for creation, it is kind of hard to research - unless you are talking about researching other people's theories on creation.

To sum up, I did give creation a chance. I didn't have a choice while learning about creation, but I made a choice to believe in science when I was 12. Some of my old school friends still are creationists, and that's fine.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
There is no "evidence for creationism". That's not a thing. Creationism is, just by its nature alone, unscientific.

There is, however, "evidence against evolution", which I have indeed perused. It's, for the most part, loads of horse shit, because it's usually created by people with little to no understanding of real science.

AlexNora

Mar 7, 2011
lotr rocks 0 said:
AlexNora said:

lotr rocks 0 said:

Would you mind elaborating slightly on what you think is "unstable" about the theory of evolution? I'm no expert but I may be able to clarify some things.
if you'd like to discuss any any know evidence for evolution with me send me a pm i don't want any fighting here.

(ill send you a pm soon to talk about some of the things i find highly "unscientific" but right now i just want to watch my topic you understand right?)

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
AlexNora said:

lotr rocks 0 said:

With over 90% of the population of the escapist believing in Evolution I'm sure we would all love to see the faults in evolution.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, I've found out one thing.

Neither creation nor lack of creation is physically possible, you'll just have to wait and see.

Seriously, the answer is that there is no answer, you can stop debating.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
I have studied the evidence held up as scientific by creationists, if that counts.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Amphoteric said:
No because there isn't any.

Scientific creationism is an oxymoron.
I think you mean mutually exclusive, since an oxymoron is two things that sounds mutually exclusive but aren't.

But yeah, there isn't any evidence to study on creationism since it's a religious belief.