Poll: Evolution and the other side

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Deshara said:
TiefBlau said:
There is no "evidence for creationism". That's not a thing. Creationism is, just by its nature alone, unscientific.

There is, however, "evidence against evolution", which I have indeed perused. It's, for the most part, loads of horse shit.

If you beleive you have evidence against Evolution, the first thing you should do is take a good, long, hard look at the definition of "ignorance". As snobbish as that sounds, anyone who's spent any time arguing about this stuff knows this constitutes about 80% of people's opinions.
I think he's saying that the "evidence" against evolution is horse shit.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
AlexNora said:
lotr rocks 0 said:
AlexNora said:
interesting but please have a yes or know answer to your post

lotr rocks 0 said:
Statistically speaking, Atheists actually tend to score higher in tests/quizzes about the bible/torah/qu'ran contents than average members of the church in question.

Atheism is generally a side-effect of having increased knowledge on the topic than the religious folk. As so many say, the best way to become an atheist is to actually read the bible.
this is the reason I don't believe evolution i studied it enough to realize its very unstable at best but creation is no better
Would you mind elaborating slightly on what you think is "unstable" about the theory of evolution? I'm no expert but I may be able to clarify some things.
if you'd like to discuss any any know evidence for evolution with me send me a pm i don't want any fighting here.

(ill send you a pm soon to talk about some of the things i find highly "unscientific" but right now i just want to watch my topic you understand right?)
Sure, take your time. I probably won't send you anything because there's just too much evidence of evolution for me to pm you about, and most of it is quite easy to find if you google it. Feel free to pm me your qualms with the theory and if I can I'll try and explain it as best I can.

mesoforte

Jan 5, 2010
AlexNora said:
Okay.

When you can explain the entire mechanism of creation, ie how a being is capable and the exact process that are used to create something with no transfer of energy, or anything observable, we'll talk.

Also, it would be helpful in this conversation of how if you were able to bring up a definition of the 'creator' that made any sense and wasn't inherently meaningless through the use of limitless terms.

We also need to address what precisely you're assuming this creator is, its inherent properties, what it means to say that it exists, how it can exist, and a lot of other things before we can talk creationism in a serious manner.

And of course, observable evidence is the premium for scientific study, so anything you have of that after you identify precisely what this 'creator' is and its nature, would be helpful. However that is only after we've made sense of what it is you are proposing.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
I checked yes, primarily for the answer of "I checked and researched, but found nothing scientific."

Also, anything that tells me to preclude the "evidence" with an non-physical/empirical and untestable concept such as a deity, and usually a very specific interpretation of such deity and it's wishes/desires before it even begins to argue it's "evidence" that somehow refutes that in which is completely physical/empirical and testable that only asks me to make a conclusion based upon such evidence I can actually observe and research myself out in the field is hardly ever going to win me over in a scientific debate. The Bible or any other religious text is not a science book, does not contain accurate scientific information in the majority of their creation stories, and will never be considered scientific outside of Creationist/Intelligent Design proponents. That much is fact.

You can be a theist and accept Evolution, you can be an atheist and accept Evolution, but you can only be a theist (and a certain subsect of such) to accept Creationism/Intelligent Design (same thing, different coat).

lionsprey

Sep 20, 2010
Samurai Silhouette said:
There is no scientific evidence for creation, so there's nothing to study.
what he said. all the "evidence" for creationism is mostly philosophy or pointing out faults in other theorys

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I really don't get why there is a creationism vs evolution debate. Evolution is as close to being a fact as you can get and it doesn't disprove the existence of god like some people seem to think it does.

AlexNora

Mar 7, 2011
lotr rocks 0 said:
AlexNora said:
lotr rocks 0 said:
AlexNora said:
interesting but please have a yes or know answer to your post

lotr rocks 0 said:
Statistically speaking, Atheists actually tend to score higher in tests/quizzes about the bible/torah/qu'ran contents than average members of the church in question.

Atheism is generally a side-effect of having increased knowledge on the topic than the religious folk. As so many say, the best way to become an atheist is to actually read the bible.
this is the reason I don't believe evolution i studied it enough to realize its very unstable at best but creation is no better
Would you mind elaborating slightly on what you think is "unstable" about the theory of evolution? I'm no expert but I may be able to clarify some things.
if you'd like to discuss any any know evidence for evolution with me send me a pm i don't want any fighting here.

(ill send you a pm soon to talk about some of the things i find highly "unscientific" but right now i just want to watch my topic you understand right?)
Sure, take your time. I probably won't send you anything because there's just too much evidence of evolution for me to pm you about, and most of it is quite easy to find if you google it. Feel free to pm me your qualms with the theory and if I can I'll try and explain it as best I can.
xD just take it one topic at a time if you feel like sending me something I'm not that fast at researching anyway

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
theheroofaction said:
Yeah, I've found out one thing.

Neither creation nor lack of creation is physically possible, you'll just have to wait and see.

Seriously, the answer is that there is no answer, you can stop debating.
I partly agree with you. While I'm not so bold as to say "I know that the universe was not created, and that evolution is not guided by some creator" I am quite certain that evolution is valid, and I am even more certain that creation according to the christian religion is impossible, as that book has so many holes and contradictions it is impossible to take seriously.

I don't know though whether there was some other kind of creator or not. That's why I'm an agnostic atheist.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
As far as I'm concerned anything could be possible with all this evolution vs. creationism.. it could the creator's plan for us to have evolved from monkeys (or is it apes?) into humans or all the evidence could have been planted there so we don't figure out that we just came into existence by the will of a singular being thereby preventing our minds from frying..

Seriously who knows what really goes on and what has happened.. science can prove stuff exists but it can't tell you who put it there or why it is there

(metaphorically speaking of course, science can definatly tell you who put your taxes in the post.. but you know what I mean..)

Science is right from the mindset and perception of humans for the time being.. until something proves it wrong, and even then science will change.. there's nothing wrong with science suggesting that a big white guy with a beard in robes made the earth in 7 days if it can prove it.. until then I think we should just stop having these threads.. my brain now hurts

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
I spent quite a while looking at the "evidence" for creationism, from the creationist side. I read blogs, websites and watched videos made by Kent Hovind, Ken Ham, Michael Behe and the Discovery Institute. None of it was convincing.

Also, if you're getting your information from Kent Hovind you're being lied to. The man is a fraud who peddles discredited hypotheses and urban legends as truth. Send me a PM with an example of any of his claims against evolution and I'll prove it to you.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Sadly, I have. There just wasn't much science to speak off. Actually, there wasn't any, just a whole lot of bullshit. That Dr Dino crap...

Also, the amount of people in this thread who say that we involved from monkeys or apes make me sad. Just...*sigh* I give up.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
Astoria said:
I really don't get why there is a creationism vs evolution debate. Evolution is as close to being a fact as you can get and it doesn't disprove the existence of god like some people seem to think it does.
It just doesn't support God and religious beliefs. So in their eyes, it's wrong until they can find some way to impregnate their religious explanations into science. Why? Because it unintentionally threatens their religion.

Cowabungaa said:
Sadly, I have. There just wasn't much science to speak off. Actually, there wasn't any, just a whole lot of bullshit. That Dr Dino crap...

Also, the amount of people in this thread who say that we involved from monkeys or apes make me sad. Just...*sigh* I give up.
Wait wtf, which side are you on? lol

Caverat

Jun 11, 2010
No, it's like studying the scientific proof of the existence of the One Ring.

I mean, surely it must be true, there's a book about it. Even a movie now!

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Caverat said:
No, it's like studying the scientific proof of the existence of the One Ring.

I mean, surely it must be true, there's a book about it. Even a movie now!
Three of each, actually!

4 books and 5 movies if you count the hobbit coming soon.

AlexNora

Mar 7, 2011
Penguin_Factory said:
I spent quite a while looking at the "evidence" for creationism, from the creationist side. I read blogs, websites and watched videos made by Kent Hovind, Ken Ham, Michael Behe and the Discovery Institute. None of it was convincing.

Also, if you're getting your information from Kent Hovind you're being lied to. The man is a fraud who peddles discredited hypotheses and urban legends as truth. Send me a PM with an example of any of his claims against evolution and I'll prove it to you.
id much prefer you tell in a PM me about stuff these people don't cover its hard to find truth amongst all the noise.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
There really is not debate within the scientific community of creationism vs evolution, so no I haven't really bothered to look at any of the creationist claims. Why you might ask? Because I put no stock in people who are, in my honest opinion, making shit up. I had a neighbor who would come to me over other day and be like so you're a science major eh? Do you know carbon dating is wrong, tons of fossil evidence is missing etc, etc. And I was like where are you getting this info? Oh from a bunch of christian books....yea I'll look at any peer reviewed works but none of this. Don't have any? I'm going to close my door now.