Poll: Eye Care: Glasses, Contacts, not needed?

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
AccursedTheory said:
Tautology said:
I'll split the difference. I was a runt until high school when I hit 6'1" :D
That's not splitting the difference, it's bragging.

If you would like to split the difference, kindly bequeath to me 5 inches of your height.
Sorry but perfection can't be sullied.

Tautology

Apr 5, 2011
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
AccursedTheory said:
Tautology said:

If you would like to split the difference, kindly bequeath to me 5 inches of your height.
Don't go to sleep tonight. You might awaken to find me failing to loom over your bed in an intimidating and menacing manner in the moonlight.

I will have a bonesaw, though...

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
AccursedTheory said:
Tautology said:

Don't go to sleep tonight. You might awaken to find me failing to loom over your bed in an intimidating and menacing manner in the moonlight.

So I'm going to be assaulted by the embodiment of Myspace angles? [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/myspace-angles]

Tautology

Apr 5, 2011
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
AccursedTheory said:
Tautology said:

So I'm going to be assaulted by the embodiment of Myspace angles? [http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/myspace-angles]
You will unfortunately see me at a downward angle, yes.

I will be going for this:

but will only achieve this:

Because I'm short.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
AccursedTheory said:
Tautology said:

You will unfortunately see me at a downward angle, yes.

I will be going for this:

but will only achieve this:

Because I'm short.
Take a cue from Edward Elric

Tautology

Apr 5, 2011
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
For the most part I am. It's just how other people treat me in person because of my height that bothers me.
Do you hate people looking down on you? :p
I won't lie, it does have an effect on my confidence from time to time. It's a little emasculating when women say my short stature makes me "cute" or when people treat me like I'm a child. Looking up to talk an attractive woman in the face is not a real confidence booster, especially when my height turns out to be a turn off to them. I thinks it's worse when having to look up at other men. I feel like I'm being condescended to and patronized. Or lectured to. It feels like some men actually use their own height to try and intimidate me. Maybe it's because I was bullied by the bigger guys due to my height as a kid.

The flirting from older women feels a little weird, too. I get a pseudo-incestuous vibe out of it. I always remind them of their son...

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Tautology said:
crimson5pheonix said:
For the most part I am. It's just how other people treat me in person because of my height that bothers me.
Do you hate people looking down on you? :p
I won't lie, it does have an effect on my confidence from time to time. It's a little emasculating when women say my short stature makes me "cute" or when people treat me like I'm a child. Looking up to talk an attractive woman in the face is not a real confidence booster, especially when my height turns out to be a turn off them. I thinks it's worse when having to look up at other men. I feel like I'm being condescended to and patronized. Maybe it's because I was bullied by the bigger guys due to my height as a kid.

The flirting from older women feels a little weird, too. I get a pseudo-incestuous vibe out of it. I always remind them of their son...
Despite my height I got that "cute" vibe as well until I started growing facial hair. All that height, but I got a baby face >.>

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I wear glasses. I do not like the idea of having to touch my eye, so contacts are out, and I like the idea of having a laser put into my eye while I'm still conscious even less so any type of eye surgery is also out. Sure it means I'll never get to wear any really cool looking sunglasses short of getting some super expensive specialized pair, but I can live with that.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Practically blind without my contacts/glasses. So I wear contacts all day, glasses at home to give my eyes a break. My glasses make my eyes look like tiny beady things and the lenses are nigh-on coke bottle thickness.

Had a check up for laser surgery, where they told me my corneas were too thin and would fall over if I had em laser'd. So contacts and coke bottles for life it is.

Redryhno

Jul 25, 2011
AccursedTheory said:
I was the opposite. I was absolutely colossal from 5-14. 5' 9" at 14. 15 years later, and I've gotten an inch.
Had something similar happen to me, ended up at six feet by like fifth grade, absolute agony for about two years. I honestly think I'd have a hard time choosing if someone asked me if I'd like to relive that part without the pain at the cost of not reaching the top shelf sometimes.

OT:

Personally contacts, both because glasses get in the way with my job way too fucking much and I never got over the fucking dull ache on my nose and ears after a few hours with glasses(this is probably my fault, I like bigger frames since I'd rather not have to continually readjust my head to see something that's not directly in front of my face). Wore glasses from around ten to twelve, then switched to contacts as soon as my parents let me.

Michel Henzel

Just call me God
May 13, 2014
Will likely need them at some point due to diabetes, but for now I'm still good. Last check it was a tiny bit into negative but it was so little that there was no need for glasses yet.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
My 20/30 eyesight is still good enough to get me by, so no specs for me just yet.

JohnnyDelRay said:
Had a check up for laser surgery, where they told me my corneas were too thin and would fall over if I had em laser'd.
Have you tried doing corneal exercises? You know, tiny little barbells, flexing them every morning....

Sep 13, 2009
Just the one Daredevil? I suppose that checks out

Much to my girlfriend's chagrin, I have glasses. Apparently I have far too pretty eyes for glasses to obscure them. Once upon a time I wore contacts, but I much prefer the ease of glasses

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
The Rogue Wolf said:
My 20/30 eyesight is still good enough to get me by, so no specs for me just yet.

JohnnyDelRay said:
Had a check up for laser surgery, where they told me my corneas were too thin and would fall over if I had em laser'd.
Have you tried doing corneal exercises? You know, tiny little barbells, flexing them every morning....
They pump all the iron in the world, they just can't keep down all the raw eggs and grilled chicken breast...