Poll: Ezio vs. Batman

Squidwogdog

Jul 8, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Squidwogdog said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Christopher N said:
I'm with Ezio on this one. Eagle vision. End of
Batman has much more than an eagle. He has heat vision, night vision, etc. He would find Ezio pretty easily.
duktapeman90 said:
I'm gonna be the minority and say Ezio, for several reasons. For one, look at his body count: every target dead. Batman always lets clearly dangerous criminals with a reputation for escaping go to jail. Ezio only ever let one guy live, and he eventually remedied that after realizing how stupid that was.

If they were going at it assassination style, I'd still give it to Ezio. He's got eagle vision so he'd find batman no problem (also the bat costume is a dead giveaway).

The only real gray area is if it's a one-on-one fair fight. If it's fully equipped, then Ezio, he's got a plethora of concealed weapons, one of which is a gun. Fisticuffs, though, I'll give to batman since that's mostly what he does anyway.

Really what it comes down to is who's sponsoring this fight: DC or Ubisoft.
Look up. You also realize that batman HIDES right? Ezio can't stab what he can't see. You also have to bring into consideration of his suit. The batsuit is bulletproof, and a knife would be laughable. He fights the joker, whom uses guns, and still comes out on top.
I'm going to agree with Chris and duktapeman here and repeat, Eagle vision, it reveals everything. Even hiding spots (for assassins anyway), so yeah batman can't really hide
You sure? It may work in ancient times, but you don't know how it reacts to DC level tech. A knife and a primitive gun wont help you in the future times that makes our tech look like roman level tech. Even in supernatural ability, Ezio would be viewed as inferior in both Tech AND magic in the DC universe. Eagle vision isn't natural, its magic or "supernatural". If he tried to pull that against a DC character, he would be laughed right out of the universe by even the most basic magic users.
In that context, then yeah batman would win, I dont really read DC, more of a Marvel guy. I can only go on the info I got from Dark knight, which in my opinion is a cooler representation of the batman universe (even then I focused on the joker more), much darker. So in a christopher nolan batman universe, I would say ezio, still, its closer to the real world, and I think I said before about it depending on which universe they were in and that ezio is better off killing bruce wayne rather than batman

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Random berk said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Random berk said:
Batman needs his gadgets to do parkour and all the chase stuff that Ezio can do naturally, or with 600 year old technology. In a chase, Ezio would win. In a fight, Batman is very tough, but so is Ezio, and is as skilled with all his blades as Batman is with his fists. He can also fight effectively with his bare hands. I enjoy killing guards with Ezio's unarmed skills when stabbing them gets too monotonous. Finally, as has been said by a good few others, Ezio is only at risk of getting a fist in the face and a night in an easily escaped prison. If Batman loses, he won't get a second chance.
Arkham Asylum is cursed, and is not a prison. Ezio will get sent to the regular prison, or even worse such as Stryker Island. Batman is trained to peak condition physically AND mentally. Hell, he is a genius to boot. He is Howard Hughes and Chuck Norris rolled into one. The gadgets are a symptom of Bruce's genius, not a cause. He is just as dangerous without gadgets as he is with gadgets.
I don't know about the prison, depending on the level of security Ezio may or may not get out easily. Ezio is also in peak mental and physical condition, if he wasn't then he couldn't sprint for extended periods of time, leap and climb like Chris Sharma, fight multiple opponents at once and assassinate a man from heights that would break the legs of an unconditioned civilian. He also has a great deal of cunning as a master assassin, and the mental fortitude that a professional killer requires to keep his sanity and stick to his cause. His weapons may be older than Batman's, but they are all clearly lethal, while many of Batman's weapons seem like they would be less practical in the real world. In hand to hand combat, Batman seems to be somewhat better, but odds are in a face to face fight, Ezio will use his sword, and an unarmed opponent can't just expect to defeat a highly skilled fencer. Admittedly, in a stealth kill situation, Batman has a huge advantage in most situations, since in poor light he'd be much harder to spot than Ezio, but in a sundrenched Renaissance city I doubt that would factor in a great deal. I wouldn't say Batman has no chance, but he sure as hell wouldn't have a guaranteed victory either.

This is why the Deadliest Warrior game should simply have been an engine with which you could compare two warriors of your own choosing, real or fictional, instead of the crappy arcade fighting game that it was.
Actually a lot of batman's enemies have swords. The same load out as Ezio but some are actually trained to a level HIGHER than Ezio. Look up Prometheus, Captain Stingaree, and the cavalier. Hell batman took on the second deadliest assassin in the world and still won (the first being death stroke). Hell, look up Felix Faust for magic ability. Batman has dealt with villians on higher calibers than Ezio in weaponry, AND magical ability just with fists. Sending Batman after Ezio is like sending Jango Fett against the guy from 300. Since batman traveled through time in multiple occasions, that gives Batman an insane advantage.
Maybe. I think the whole fight would be highly situational really. If Ezio could keep Batman in front of him then the sword would be too much of a threat for Batman to try and attack in close combat, because whatever a comic writer may say, in skilled hands a rapier is as precise as a scalpel and almost as fast as a bullet. If Batman used a ranged weapon when Ezio wasn't expecting it though, or remote controlled the Batmobile to run him over, then he would probably win. The fact is, both characters are deadly warriors, and neither can really be said to be flat-out better than the other. A fight between them would come down to whoever momentarily slipped up, or got in a lucky hit, or whatever else could happen.

As for the Jango Fett vs Leonidas thing, thats not a great comparison. Remember, Jango was killed by a guy simply blocking all his lasers til he was close enough to cut his head off. If the lasers were unable to penetrate the Spartan shield, then my money would be on Leonidas. The Spartans were the deadliest warriors of the ancient world for a reason, and that shield wasn't an insignificant part of their reputation.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
@Ultratwinkie For some reason I can't quote your post. You're probably right about Jango vs Leonidas so. As for Batman and Ezio, I'm just not convinced. I don't read Batman comics and have only seen the films and played Arkham Asylum, so in a real world fight I'd have to see it to believe Batman could win. Since this fight can only be fictional I'd say it would come down to whoever made the crossover. If DC made it Batman would win. If Ubisoft made it, Ezio would win, and I'd say either victory would be entirely plausible.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Random berk said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Random berk said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Random berk said:
Batman needs his gadgets to do parkour and all the chase stuff that Ezio can do naturally, or with 600 year old technology. In a chase, Ezio would win. In a fight, Batman is very tough, but so is Ezio, and is as skilled with all his blades as Batman is with his fists. He can also fight effectively with his bare hands. I enjoy killing guards with Ezio's unarmed skills when stabbing them gets too monotonous. Finally, as has been said by a good few others, Ezio is only at risk of getting a fist in the face and a night in an easily escaped prison. If Batman loses, he won't get a second chance.
Arkham Asylum is cursed, and is not a prison. Ezio will get sent to the regular prison, or even worse such as Stryker Island. Batman is trained to peak condition physically AND mentally. Hell, he is a genius to boot. He is Howard Hughes and Chuck Norris rolled into one. The gadgets are a symptom of Bruce's genius, not a cause. He is just as dangerous without gadgets as he is with gadgets.
I don't know about the prison, depending on the level of security Ezio may or may not get out easily. Ezio is also in peak mental and physical condition, if he wasn't then he couldn't sprint for extended periods of time, leap and climb like Chris Sharma, fight multiple opponents at once and assassinate a man from heights that would break the legs of an unconditioned civilian. He also has a great deal of cunning as a master assassin, and the mental fortitude that a professional killer requires to keep his sanity and stick to his cause. His weapons may be older than Batman's, but they are all clearly lethal, while many of Batman's weapons seem like they would be less practical in the real world. In hand to hand combat, Batman seems to be somewhat better, but odds are in a face to face fight, Ezio will use his sword, and an unarmed opponent can't just expect to defeat a highly skilled fencer. Admittedly, in a stealth kill situation, Batman has a huge advantage in most situations, since in poor light he'd be much harder to spot than Ezio, but in a sundrenched Renaissance city I doubt that would factor in a great deal. I wouldn't say Batman has no chance, but he sure as hell wouldn't have a guaranteed victory either.

This is why the Deadliest Warrior game should simply have been an engine with which you could compare two warriors of your own choosing, real or fictional, instead of the crappy arcade fighting game that it was.
Actually a lot of batman's enemies have swords. The same load out as Ezio but some are actually trained to a level HIGHER than Ezio. Look up Prometheus, Captain Stingaree, and the cavalier. Hell batman took on the second deadliest assassin in the world and still won (the first being death stroke). Hell, look up Felix Faust for magic ability. Batman has dealt with villians on higher calibers than Ezio in weaponry, AND magical ability just with fists. Sending Batman after Ezio is like sending Jango Fett against the guy from 300. Since batman traveled through time in multiple occasions, that gives Batman an insane advantage.
Maybe. I think the whole fight would be highly situational really. If Ezio could keep Batman in front of him then the sword would be too much of a threat for Batman to try and attack in close combat, because whatever a comic writer may say, in skilled hands a rapier is as precise as a scalpel and almost as fast as a bullet. If Batman used a ranged weapon when Ezio wasn't expecting it though, or remote controlled the Batmobile to run him over, then he would probably win. The fact is, both characters are deadly warriors, and neither can really be said to be flat-out better than the other. A fight between them would come down to whoever momentarily slipped up, or got in a lucky hit, or whatever else could happen.

As for the Jango Fett vs Leonidas thing, thats not a great comparison. Remember, Jango was killed by a guy simply blocking all his lasers til he was close enough to cut his head off. If the lasers were unable to penetrate the Spartan shield, then my money would be on Leonidas. The Spartans were the deadliest warriors of the ancient world for a reason, and that shield wasn't an insignificant part of their reputation.
You have to remember that it was a lightsaber, a jedi and sith weapon. Bronze shields do not block lasers, as the lasers in star wars seem to burn through everything.

In the case of the sword, batman fought many sword users head on before and still won. Hell, one of them acted like a musketeer and was defeated much like aquaman is defeated by everything. The only sword user batman couldn't defeat was deathstroke, and that was a stalemate with DC's best assassin that eclipses Ezio tenfold.
You're probably right about Jango vs Leonidas so. As for Batman and Ezio, I'm just not convinced. I don't read Batman comics and have only seen the films and played Arkham Asylum, so in a real world fight I'd have to see it to believe Batman could win. Since this fight can only be fictional I'd say it would come down to whoever made the crossover. If DC made it Batman would win. If Ubisoft made it, Ezio would win, and I'd say either victory would be entirely plausible.

Come to think of it, why the hell do half the characters in Star Wars wear suits of armour? If every shot that comes their way can melt through it like butter, what exactly is the armour supposed to protect them from?