Poll: Fable 3. Yes or No?

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
It's terrible. I borrowed it from a friend and I still had the feeling some money was wasted. the game is BAD! really really BAD! The world is kinda interesting but has not pay-off. The being king part is over hyped but really worthless. Your influence in the world is really forced, but in the end doesn't matter. The choices you can make are always good/bad with sometimes a third choice even if it doesn't make any sense. The world reacts visually to your choices, but don't mean anything.

It really is a bad game.

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
It's unfortunate we never got Fable 2 on PC, it was pretty fun.(much better than Fable 3 at any rate)
But yeah, Fable 3 is pretty bad.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Most people can't seem to get over the fact that Fable II and Fable III aren't Fable TLC.
Are there bad parts? Yes!
Is it different then the original? No!
Is it still a good game despite these things? Yes!

Most people just like to whine and whine when there are a few little things that upset them. The combat is somewhat repetitive, but as always it's still fun. The world is interesting, there is lots of customization, and you can have fun playing the game. At Seven Pounds it's a pretty good deal if you have 10-20 hours you want to spend on playing a somewhat above average RPG.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
I thought it was pretty good. The combat was fun and the RPG elements were pleasant enough.

But yea, get a controller.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
It IS worse. When it came out a wrote a long list of comparisons between it and the other games here on this website.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.242016-God-I-hope-Molyneux-reads-this

It's a decent game, but in comparison it's worse and not very Fable.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Gizmo1990 said:
If it is as good as 2, (would have to be really bad to be worse) then I will likly get it as A: I am curious and B: I am really, really, really, really, really, really bored.
I hated Fable 2 with a passion. It's a truly horrible game. Fable 3 on the other hand is marginally better. I'd say Fable 3 is worth the price of admission (the current reduced price that is, not the original retail price!)

It's a Fable game so to a certain extent you already know what you're getting into. I feel it's a little more focused than Fable 2 and I preferred the characters and storyline to the atrocity that was Fable 2 but it's still not as good as Fable: TLC.

The original Fable had a unique charm and simplicity to it, an element that has been sadly mined for all it's worth until all we're left with is a Fable shaped hole where the fun used to be. Simply put, Fable's lost its spark and no sequel will top the fun you had with the original.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
It suffers from some truly atrocious game design throughout. It improves on Fable 2 in a few select places, but then fails in every other way.

mohit9206

Oct 13, 2012
am in the same dilemma whether to get fable 3 or not. currently playing fable 1 so far its good.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
I absolutely loved Fable, never had it completely crashing on me and my ride was neither buggy nor unpleasant. It was rather fresh, did some brand new things and the presentation was pretty much perfect. So perfect, that it seemed to have set a template for quite a number of RPG-ish actiony games or actiony RPG titles. I had a number of deja vu moments when playing Amalur... or any 3D Zelda that came before or after Fable. Amalur felt like an improved take on Fable, with some of the more odd bits removed. Fable 2 felt like odd things had taken over, growing all over the game like cancer. Fable 3, to me, is cancer personified.

With Fable, there was some niggle room for minor complaints and the story was at times somewhat halfbrained and towards the end everything felt horribly rushed, but that was just an early occasion of a phenomenon that would ravage the industry for... well, pretty much constantly since then.

All in all, I really enjoyed playing through Fable, and I was even slightly intrigued by my furby pokemon boy turning into the murderous viking from Valhalla Rising.

Fable 2 didn't work for me. Eventually, I just stopped playing, as I was not amused or entertained or intrigued.

I played Fable 3 for a net total of, what, about three hours. It felt like workout, without the muscle tissue build-up or the calories burnt. It felt like work, but without the pay. It was just wrong.

thibaut95

Feb 8, 2011
well i loved fable:TLC. It's the game that really brought me into gaming and really being invested in games. Fable II
wasn't bad by any means. For me,it wasn't as good as Fable but it was still pretty fun to play .
Fable III made everything stand out , the good AND the bad. the gameplay was awful and the ineteractions with NPCs (which were never awesome) really were crappy as hell.
on the conterary, the voice acting and visuals were better than ever.
But for me personally i regret that i bought it as it almost completely ignores the lore of TLC...

cip_raziel

Dec 20, 2012
I'm sure you could find better games than Fable 3 for that money and while I don't like Angry Joe alot, all the points he made in that video above are valid.

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
I'd buy the original off steam if you don't have it already, 3 isn't bad but neither 2 or 3 compete with 1.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It's a pretty terrible game. Fable 2 is my current favorite by virtue of me not remembering Fable well and also never having played Lost Chapters. Fable 3 is really buggy, you can't interact with large groups of people, the family and dog are vestigial at best and, completely pointless outside of unlocking achievements (I think).

I would think of it like this honestly: I wouldn't pay more for Fable 3 than I would for food. If you can buy it for less than your favorite combo meal at (insert fast food restaurant here) or if you can buy it at a better price than your snack food of choice then go for it. Otherwise I'd save my money on the food.

Trull

Nov 12, 2010
If you play it with a friend, it's around 8/10, or maybe higher

if you play alone, 4/10 or maybe lower.