Poll: Facial Hair. Yay, Nay or damn that's just hay.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
My mother: What is that on your face?
Me: My beard.
My Mother: Shave it off. You look like a man.
Me: I AM A MAN!!

Good old facial hair. Has been round since time began and when humans just let everything hang out. Some were popular. Some were controversial. Some were just really over the top and others were just forgettable.

Do you like them? Do you hate them? Do you like kissing your partner that has some or even none? How did you feel about your first facial bit of facial hair?

Comment, vote and no cute things today :p

WhiteWolfe

Mar 15, 2011
I always wanted a goatee and mustache, like my father and Opa and older brother before me. Took a while to convince my gf to let me grow it since she's pretty anti beard. Turns out she likes it so much she doesn't want me to ever shave it. Now, it's not the most impressive facial hair, but it definitely added about 3-5 years of age to the estimations I get which is good as a young guy in corporate world.

So yes. Facial hair is awesome.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
If it is well maintained and suits you, then it's jolly good indeed. It can be a bit raspy, but as long as it isn't like kissing a grater, it's fine from that perspective.

Of course, the keyword is 'maintained'. A rough neckbeard will almost always look dreadful. If you're not interested in investing the effort to keep it neat, it's better to just shave it off.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Facial hair is okay in theory. As in, my boyfriend's facial hair really suits him and makes him look quite nice and mature when it's grown and properly taken care of.
But the second he wants to put his face on my face then we have a problem and his facial hair needs to be gone.

Facial hair in that sense is itchy, painful and unpleasant.

So I vote no on the facial hair front.

Also as an amusing aside, that was the first hint I had that my now-boyfriend liked me, when I voiced my displeasure with facial hair and the next time I saw him he'd shaved his beard off. Subtle, right?

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I've had some kind of facial hair since I was 15, so that's a yes.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I stopped shaving for the whole "No Shave November" deal...but that was really just an excuse. :p

I've still yet to shave off my "Winter Beard". I groom it so it doesn't look completely unkempt, but for now I'm going to Let It Groooow, Let It Grooooow! Ain't shavin' my face no mooooore!

..............don't even know why I went with a Frozen reference there. >.>

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Eh.
For whatever reason my hair always grows itchy. I usually keep it at a weeks worth of stubble because any more than that it gets very thick, very hot and very itchy.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Its okay on other people. Though IMO facial hair is something that instantly ages you, so there is that.
I don't find it attractive, then again I don't find anything attractive...but it can look nice if kept up like anything else. My dad for example has a nice mustache and sweet spot. He could grow a bread too but it itches him too much. For the record, he's African American so his hair comes out curly which sometimes gets stuck in his pours leading to worst problems for him. He has to shave twice a day to keep it down, that's got to be a pain after awhile.

As for me, facial hair for a women is not socially acceptable nor is it personally desirable. *shrugs*

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
It keeps one's face remarkably well insulated. Beards for all!

EDIT:

[HEADING=2]:D[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]:C[/HEADING]

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Can't grow any that's significant or noticeable. If I do let what little I have grow it just looks patchy and awful.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
If it's taken care of (trimmed, groomed, ext), it can look really nice.
It takes a certain guy to pull off the rugged, unkept scraggly look, kind of like the color pink.
If you have doubts you're that guy, then it might be best to trim or shave.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Some people can sport it, others can't.

As for myself... No. Beyond suffering from peculiar bald patches, my facial hair is comprised of thick, tough, manly strands that itch the shit out of my face if left unchecked.

TakerFoxx

Elite Member
Jan 27, 2011
Without facial hair I look like Uncle Creepy.

With facial hair I look like a harmless college professor.

Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow facial hair. So Uncle Creepy it is.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Generally speaking, it's a no.

Some guys can pull off the sexy trimmed beard look but they're usually ridiculously good-looking anyway.

It's so itchy too, like, beard rash is the worst.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
I've had a beard for a couple of years now, very happy with it. I have a narrow head so it's helps balance that out to an extent, I trim it weekly to stop it going hamster :p

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
For the most part I will say, 'yes' since I do enjoy some scruff or full on viking beard.

That said, some guys just can't pull it off and it just looks bad.

Beard and scruff maintenance is very important people.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Unkillable Cat said:
Colour Scientist said:
Generally speaking, it's a no.

Some guys can pull off the sexy trimmed beard look but they're usually ridiculously good-looking anyway.

It's so itchy too, like, beard rash is the worst.
But you have the beard badge!
Are you actually questioning my beard credentials?