Poll: Fallout New Vegas Factions

EllEzDee

Nov 29, 2010
I always play through Fallout as a goody two shoes since it's the most natural response. There is no "good" option in New Vegas, however.
House is a greedy twat who keeps general order through...i don't really know. Robots i think.
The Legion are overzealous slave abusing power hungry brutes who keep order through intimidation.
The NCR are money grabbing tax abusing idiots who have about as much power as my little toe, and keep order through law, even though they're corrupt all over.

The NCR seem like the "good" approach, but they run things like shit. I still sided with them though, and i'd do it again if i played the game again, since they're the only form of order in the land. I prefer the Fallout 3-Brotherhood of Steel though.

CrustyOatmeal

Jul 4, 2010
i had the most fun when i played as an independent mass murderer. my characters basic principle was "if it ccan be stabbed then stab it, if it can be blown up then blow it up, and if you can rule the wastes then do it". the downside is you dont do very many quests but i found so many of the quests and the people boring that i felt so happy killing them

the one thing i would say is to not go for energy weapons, they SUCK! in fallout 3 they did more damage than ballistic weapons but in new vegas they dop less damage, fire more slowely, and you can never find ammo for them. just stick with a sniper rifle and some sort of rapid fire weapon

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
My first play through I helped the Legion by playing a brutal fanatic gleefully slaughtering any supporters of the false NCR and those would dare challenge Caesar. It was awesome. I knew from the moment I first saw the Legion what side I would be on.

Some of those missions were hard. Sneaking into an NCR base and killing three officers without having an entire platoon come down on your head with battle rifles is tough. But it felt great when I made it out alive, bloodied, yet victorious.

Embright

Jul 2, 2009
House did exactly what I would want to do in a future nuclear apocalypse so I had to help him since I would help myself and afterwards he didn't care what I did which was even better.

NCR seemed meh.
Caesar had no idea what Rome was like and the second he said no orgies/drugs/binge drinking/fun/etc... I had to murder him.

nomad240

Aug 13, 2008
Legion they started to hunt me for no REASON! I was liked by them but god damnit it was hunting season on my ass

NCR... well I was gonna side with the legion because well cool armor is cool.... so I was laready vilified... anyone notice the strangness of the rangers.. you have 3 days to become our friends again or WE'll kill you.... uh... okay? you look scary * goes to outpost* KILL IT KILL IT!* me scurrying away.* well bugger... 2 days and no effort... do you actually care? YES YES YES! 1 day say yer prayers boi we'll make you squeal like a piggy * hides in the brotherhood of steel fortress. zer-o-shit! BRRRRAAAAKAKAKAKA! hoels everywhere = me MWHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mr.house. yeah living in the lap of luxury is fine... but why not own it instead... control the caps, monitor the flow of spice ( yes I'm not above that joke)

go independant! before the boomers , get them their plane, befrend the brotherhood of steel, and throw in the great khans in for fodder the rest is optional .....the legion will never take my dam and the NCR are welcome to build an embassy inside freeside.

And for the Mr helpers.. yeah they're scary but you know what they say about big sticks and certain words. be a fair and unbiased ruler.... oh wait you were shot in the head EVERYONE GETS PUDDING! YYYAAAAYYYYAYAYAYAYAY!

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
NCR - An imperialistic republic that cling to old-war principles that have already failed in the past. Taking over an area they see fit and taxing the local populace, draining any resource they can to fund their effort. Full of various politicians and generals all with conflicting ideas and approaches to current issues that cause corruption and confusion. Not very friendly to Super Mutants or Ghouls and are known for torture. Also having a former war hero as a president can't be a good thing.

Caesars Legion - Led by the educated and charismatic dictator who calmed the chaotic land that was once Arizona through brutal effectiveness and diplomacy. Due to the harsh rules of the Legion crime and corruption are practically absent and due to Caesars authorative and self declared rule there is no corruption within the ruling council, meaning one of the main causes of the original Rome's downfall is absent. By getting rid of drugs the people of the Legion are naturally strong and fanatically loyal to Caesar.

Mr House - The de facto ruler of New Vegas. The only reason Vegas stull stands is because of Mr House. He controls an army of robots, unable to make choices and therefore unable to defect or feal fear. Under Mr House the people of New Vegas live in a world of gambling, drugs, prostitution and progress is not existent, unless of course it is beneficial to House himself.

Independent - A world where people can do whatever they want, have no one to enforce law and keep everything at peace. Utter anarchy.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
No one loved the NCR. The only reason people like them was the fact that they kept the Legion at bay. And House doesn't rule through fear; he rules through vices. A drunk man occupied with gambling has no time to think.
I'm backing you up on this one. I worked for House....because House is the only one with a Fucking PLAN.

A) He's Immortal, so he can continue to rule long after Caesar dies of his tumor, and takes the Legion down with him (plunging the Mojave wasteland into complete, Anarchy)
B) Unlike House, the NCR have no....point. They're just "eat, grow, buy, grow" ad infinitum. It's a pathetic consumerist shithole (though an AWESOME piece of satiric literature. Well played, Obsidian). It has no future, becuase consumerism worships only the present.
C) As for Freedom at all costs. What happens when you die? Read note A.

House is mean and cold, sure. I especially hated how he didn't give two shits about Freeside. BUT, just cause the game ended doesn't mean I have to stop filling in the gaps. :p

My character was idolized by Freeside, The Followers AND The strip, see? SO, if House really respects him as much as he "shows" he does at the end of my playthrough........Freeside will be just fine, I think. Hell, Bourne could one day replace the King, as the new King. That would be....groovy.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
1. The Enclave ended America, not the ideals. You get the Enclave when the populace fails to control their government. The government is only a government if you allow it to be. If Americans rebelled right now, the government wouldn't stand a chance.

2. 1 man, one death. A fall of a nation. All it takes is that old geezer to die and everything he built falls to bits. History proves that the progress due to one man can be lost due to one man.

3. False progress. They cling to Mr. House's man nipple. Mr. House will turn insane over the years as humanity will depend on him unable to make choices for themselves.

4. Exactly.
1. If I understood you correctly, agreed.

2. Actually last time I checked if Caesar does die the Legion still keeps going and Lanius takes over. However, I doubt he will be as effective as Caesar.

3. Mr House seems pretty stable at the time but most likely he might become insane over time. But it seems that as long as New Vegas remains standing and is in his control he will be happy. Then again he could turn into (or already has) Howard Hughes, always constantly watching New Vegas as his own creation.
4. :)

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
Lannius cannot command a nation. He only knows how to command a raider clan. He will throw his troops at the Enclave or anything with guns. He wont care for a nation, if someone dies in battle then he is happy regardless if it could be him.
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant. Except the Enclave isn't a good example because I doubt that after being blown up...what...3 times? They're going to ever become another major faction.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
The NCR.

They supplied Freeside with food, made peace with the Kings, made truce with the super mutants and took back Primm from the powder gangers.

Well... I did all those things, but it was the NCR who asked me to do them. Mr House didn't give me those options.