Poll: Favorite alien Mass Effect Species

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Robert632 said:
Zhukov said:
[snipped for the good of humanity
What about the Vorcha? Are they on some kind of banishment from your notice?
Oh yeah. Knew I'd forgotten somebody.

I like the concept of Vorcha, but they never really got into them at all.

Come to think of it, I would have liked a Vorcha crew member in ME3. We could have had one instead of Vega.

WashAran

Jun 28, 2012
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
I like them all. It would be easier to say which species i dont like.
But if you like them all, how does that make it easier to pick out which one you dislike?
Well the question was which alien, i.e. not human. And I said speicies in the last sentence, which would consist of all races, including humans. I think you can guess the answer.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
But if you like them all, how does that make it easier to pick out which one you dislike?
Well the question was which alien, i.e. not human. And I said speicies in the last sentence, which would consist of all races, including humans. I think you can guess the answer.
What's so bad about the humans? Is it just you find them so boring that you dislike any time spent with them?

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
While not technically a species, I'll go with the Geth. They look cool themselves and their technology has awesome aesthetics. They also seem the most sensible of all Mass Effect species. Makes sense for an AI race, I suppose, but they aren't the evil technologically minded destructive force many sci-fi robots are made out to be either. I really liked that.

WashAran

Jun 28, 2012
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
What's so bad about the humans? Is it just you find them so boring that you dislike any time spent with them?
Pretty much yeah! I mean you only have to look at your human squadmades from all three games. And most of the NPCs that are humans are total assholes, there are exceptions of course.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Zhukov said:
Robert632 said:
Zhukov said:
[snipped for the good of humanity
What about the Vorcha? Are they on some kind of banishment from your notice?
Oh yeah. Knew I'd forgotten somebody.

I like the concept of Vorcha, but they never really got into them at all.

Come to think of it, I would have liked a Vorcha crew member in ME3. We could have had one instead of Vega.
Vega wasn't a vorcha? Well colour me surprised.

I'm pretty sure there was only ever 1 named vorcha in the whole Mass Effect Trilogy, and he had like 3 lines, not enough to flesh them out :/

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
Well, in this poll i totally disregarded any of the actual people you meet, i was merely looking at the concept of the species.

Asari hands down. From a human perspective, they're kinda immortal and can share thoughts/emotions on such a deep level it's mindboggling.
The depiction of an Asari matriarch is probably 0% accurate compared to what they'd probably actually be if they'd existed, since such an enormous amount of wisdom, knowledge and expirience in one person cannot be grasped by our current even horizon i guess.

Also their way to breed and their interaction with other species is just admiring.

On top of that they're friggin Biotic-Badasses and hawt chicks in tight suits. :p

Edit:
@GundamSentinel
Since they're sapient and can reproduce themselves, i guess they count as a species. At least in my world view. You don't have to be out of flesh, bones and blood to count as living for me.
Just to clarify: Yes, that would mean i also include EDI/TIM (Depending on the language you play) as a living being.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Pretty much yeah! I mean you only have to look at your human squadmades from all three games. And most of the NPCs that are humans are total assholes, there are exceptions of course.
To be fair, a lot of the NPCs, regardless of race, are total assholes.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
ah but human's get their own asshole faction! Cerberus! :D

Side note, I wish there was an option in me 2 or 3 to choke the shit out of the citadel council.

all of them

at once.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:

Side note, I wish there was an option in me 2 or 3 to choke the shit out of the citadel council.

all of them

at once.
Yes we get our own asshole faction...As opposed to say, the Salerians, which is a race made almost entirely of arrogant assholes. Or the Krogan, who tried to kill the whole Galaxy because that's just how they do. Or the Asari, who kept an amazing repository of knowledge to themselves because it makes them more advanced then everyone else. Or the Batariens, who are a race of racist slavers. Or the Quarians, who entered into a war with the Geth, despite the Reapers coming to attack the entire galaxy.

What I'm trying to say is that pretty much all of the races have assholes in them. The humans just got lucky and in getting their's in a neat little packager they can aim guns at.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Robert632 said:
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:

all of them

at once.
Yes we get our own asshole faction...As opposed to say, the Salerians, which is a race made almost entirely of arrogant assholes. Or the Krogan, who tried to kill the whole Galaxy because that's just how they do. Or the Asari, who kept an amazing repository of knowledge to themselves because it makes them more advanced then everyone else. Or the Batariens, who are a race of racist slavers. Or the Quarians, who entered into a war with the Geth, despite the Reapers coming to attack the entire galaxy.

What I'm trying to say is that pretty much all of the races have assholes in them. The humans just got lucky and in getting their's in a neat little packager they can aim guns at.
The salarian are not a race of arrogant assholes :/ The krogen are assholes yes, but if they have wrex they change for the better.

The Asari thing was dumb, so was the quarian attack on the geth. It's stuff like that why I honestly don't like the story and writing in ME3.

And just ease off a bit, what I was saying was tongue in cheek, this isnt a serious thread.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
Asari. At first I was mostly rolling my eyes because they were obviously made to be fanservice, but I actually really like their concept for many reasons. And yeah, they were a bit asshole-ish when they kept the prothean knowledge for themselves, but I do admire the fact that they never used their superiority to harm others. If all that knowledge was given to the krogan, turians or even humans, we would all wreck the galaxy. Humans wouldn't share that with the galaxy either, nor would anyone else, so it's not really fair to hate the asari for it.

I also like turians, geth and protheans.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:

all of them

at once.

The salarian are not a race of arrogant assholes :/ The krogen are assholes yes, but if they have wrex they change for the better.

The Asari thing was dumb, so was the quarian attack on the geth. It's stuff like that why I honestly don't like the story and writing in ME3.

And just ease off a bit, what I was saying was tongue in cheek, this isnt a serious thread.
I wasn't being very serious either, I was merely exaggerating some of the less flattering actions or aspects of some of the races.

Darkmantle

Oct 30, 2011
Robert632 said:
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:

all of them

at once.

I wasn't being very serious either, I was merely exaggerating some of the less flattering actions or aspects of some of the races.
Okay sorry, it's hard to get tone from text, but you just sounded really angry about it all of a sudden.

Robert632

May 11, 2009
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
Darkmantle said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:
Robert632 said:
WashAran said:

all of them

at once.

Okay sorry, it's hard to get tone from text, but you just sounded really angry about it all of a sudden.
Oh, the number of times I've made that mistake could fill up this thread several times over.