Poll: Favorite alien Mass Effect Species

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I love them all (except Vorcha), though I voted turians. They're just so cool! >.>

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Turians, because when I read about thier culture, the first thing that came to my mind was "That would be heaven!" So they take the cake.

Next would be Elcor (excited reply. Because I love the way they talk.), then Asari (not because they are all female and "other" things, its because they try for dipolmacy first, then kick your ass if it fails), and finally hanar (this one is pleased with the politeness and understanding of thier race, even if they do lean alittle fanatical on the religious side.)

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Probably Salarian. They are the most alien culture wise if you ask me.
Quarian would be a close second though.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
Asari, They seem the most "interesting" to me. They get to experience so much in their lifetimes that I'm kinda jealous. And they're attractive. Sure they're blue and have the tentacle things on their heads but I find they aesthetically pleasing. They are also the only race that is 100% biotic.

Top five:
1. Asari
2. Turians
3. Quarians
4. Krogan
5. Rachni

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
If I had to select one favourite the Asari would win for their biotics alone, the long lifespans and their looks are just a nice bonus. Of the other races I have things I like and dislike about all of them but I'd guess the turian would edge out to be my second favourite (or the geth if you technically count them as a species, but I can't be bothered to debate this). Still liked to tolerated all the races and appreciated the fact that despite stereotypes existing for each of the races that a good degree of deviation from these exist in the characters you meet.

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
Elcor. I think they're a great example of an alien species that are unique, interesting, sensibly made, and yet still funny as all hell, without resorting to surrealism.

Salarians also seem like they'd be pretty fun to hang with.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Vicarious Reality said:
I think i am just oddly fascinated by the concept of their environmental suits, and they have a very similar voice accent to me
Which ones?
The British quarians?
The American quarians?
The New Zealand quarians?
The vaguely-eastern-European quarians?
The Indian quarians?

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
How can you include Batarian but not Geth?

The Geth are my favorite species but I also enjoyed the Elcor. Even though my favorite characters were Mordin, Tali, and Garus their respective species were not the most interesting to me.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Elcarsh said:
Capitano Segnaposto said:
If they could make a Krogan live as long as an Asari: HELL FUCKIN YES.
*waves wand* Your wish has come true!

No, really, it already has; krogan and asari both have a lifespan of roughly 1000 years. Not much to do here.
I thought it was stated somewhere that with the way krogan physiology works, they could theoretically live forever?
They just keep getting killed, so nobody can prove it.

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
I like the Salarians, which is odd to me because my robo-philia should pretty much guarantee that I like the Geth (or by extension the Quarians)... but there's just something about the physically-frail but almost nefariously intelligent Salarians. Mordin is probably my favorite character in the whole series (which is, believe me, not an easy distinction to make... most of the ME2 cast is VERY good). I also like that, unlike the other major races in the ME universe, the Salarians have shorter lifespans than humans. I don't really know why I like that, but I do.

I'm sad that the Salarian Infiltrator in ME3 Multiplayer isn't very good, and I don't have the Engineer. I wish I did.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Asari, cause Liara, Aria, Samara, Anaya. Also the whole life stages and virtual immortality is pretty cool too. Plus their societal structure and concept of a military is very interesting. Close second would have to be Turians though, for being total badasses.

PotluckBrigand

No family dinner is safe.
Jul 30, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
Vicarious Reality said:
I think i am just oddly fascinated by the concept of their environmental suits, and they have a very similar voice accent to me
Which ones?
The British quarians?
The American quarians?
The New Zealand quarians?
The vaguely-eastern-European quarians?
The Indian quarians?
It's not a British Accent.... it's a QUARIAN accent! (duh ^_-)

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
While I wasn't entirely pleased with what's under their mask as presented in ME3, Quarians are my favorite race. Everything about their history, ideology, and genetics just clicked for me in a way that very few sci-fi races do. ...So long as I ignore Tali's "photo," that is.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I voted for the Krogan, because they're freaking awesome and responsible for, in my opinion, the majority of the series' badass and funny moments.

If not for that last part though, I would have voted for the Salarians. They're fast-talking badass super scientist/spies, what's not to like?

Honestly, I thought the conflict between the Krogan and Salarians was the most fascinating part of the trilogy. Especially Mordin's story arc.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Melancholy irritation, no Elcor?

Why is it that a species' acceptability and representation is directly related to how human they look? The Elcor and Hanar are the most creative and unique species in the game and they're basically ignored, while the Asari look uncannily human and dominate the galaxy. Humans themselves rose to council level status faster than any other species.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Blue lesbians FTW...

But, yeah, going by who has the best Rule 34 of them I'll have to go with the Assari... I mean Asari... Please don't hit me...

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
No mention of the Yahgs? :(

You know what? I'm going to make an entire separate thread to rectify that. :D

alceste007

Jun 4, 2012
Navvan said:
How can you include Batarian but not Geth?

The Geth are my favorite species but I also enjoyed the Elcor. Even though my favorite characters were Mordin, Tali, and Garus their respective species were not the most interesting to me.
Legion and the Geth story line in ME 3 were just well done. Although, Liara became my favorite character. The Geth were the most interesting race.