Poll: Favorite Dragon Age: Origins Character

ejrocksthisworld

Feb 14, 2010
I just finished the first two games of the Dragon Age franchise. I really do enjoy this series, so I wonder, which Dragon Age: Origins character is your favorite and why? Two things of note, I realize that Dog should be up there and that Shale is a dlc character so not everyone may receive her, however due to the fact that the dlc for Shale is free and Dog honestly lacks much of a personality (it's a dog you guys) I figured most players will get to experience Shale's unique personality and therefore choose her instantly over Dog. Secondly, I realize that there is a secret character. If this person is your favorite amongst all the characters, simply note it in the comments with a spoiler tag. I would of listed both Dog and this secret character had the polls provided more voting options. Have at it!

votemarvel

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 29, 2009
Country
England
Leliana is my favourite character in Dragon Age: Origins. She is the one who is genuinely trying to change her life and you get to decide if you are going to push her back to the old path or help her continue to change.

Honourable mention to Alistair though. I really like his self-depreciating sense of humour and desire to just be a regular guy, even though he knows he is never going to be that.

Sep 14, 2009
alistair's sarcasm and dry sense of humor >>>>>> anything else.

unless it's him and morrigan bantering in the background, then that shit is golden.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Shale. Funny character because of her lack of world experience and memories. Also one of the best background stories for any character in video game history.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
It is a hard choice between Leliana who is my waifu and Alistair who is my bro. Hmmm. YEah I don't know.

Also if anyone votes fro the secret character they are insane. I don't understand how you can like him. Especially choosing him over Alistair.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
Alistair is my favorite. I like all of the characters, including Dog, for different reasons, but it's hard to top Alistairs funny dialogue and wanting to be normal.

Runner-up would have to be either Sten or Leliana. Sten brings a black and white view to the world that I don't think any other character does, and Leliana is always trying to do the right thing which I respect.

SadisticFire

Oct 1, 2012
I would say Morrigan because her just outlook upon the world and how it just seems to match up with most of my mentality. But people compare me to Hitler so nyan. But I probably havn't met all of them seeing how I can't either get pass the Dwarf Arena, or the werewolf den.(God damn Shadow wolves and their overwhelm)

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Its got to be either Alistair or Shale.

Alistair is such a well done character with some charming dialogue, while Shale is a new HK47

Eduku

Sep 11, 2010
Alistair would have gotten it if he didn't break down every time Duncan's name is so much as mentioned in passing. I guess this means it goes to Morrigan, as her sarcasm and snarkiness is amusing.

Bradmaster Flash

Jun 4, 2013
My choice is clearly between Alistair and Morrigan. Their conversations were hilarious, but Alistair never failed to make me laugh constantly and so the award goes to him. All of the characters in DA:O are brilliant though, personal highlights include the whole 'cookie' situation with Sten, and almost all of Dog's moments.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
ZEVRAN ALL THE WAY! Oh that kinky little elf, he had the most actual personality out of any of them.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I don't know, my Warden was rather sadistic and she only ended up really bonding with Morrigan and Zevran, if only because she respected that they had the balls to stand up to her bullshit. I ignored Shale minutes after I got her, she reminded me of HK a little bit too much, except for the occasional bird comment which were actually pretty funny considering she was a statue for god knows how long... good Tank though! When it came to Sten and Leliana I purposefully quizzed them on their backstory only to tease them later, I seem to have pissed them off infinitely as they left the party whining about my inability to save Ferelden (I proved them wrong!). I never used the dwarf but Wynne was a good healer/matriarch.

But favourite you say?
But long live Loghain, hell yes. Fuck Alistair, I started to romance him to purposefully tell him how completely uninterested I was later on. When I found out that he just fucks off if you recruit Loghain I was ecstatic!

I liked my dog too, I called him Hafter II!

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Alistair or Oghren. Alistair always cracked me up. Especially his little conversations with Morrigan. And Oghren, well, he's Oghren.

They're all great, though, as many have said.

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
The_Lost_King said:
Also if anyone votes fro the secret character they are insane. I don't understand how you can like him. Especially choosing him over Alistair.
Because when I played my Warden I purposefully romanced Alistair, only to later tell him I was in no way interested and lost alllllllllll the affection also because with secret character:

Loghain's a motherfucking badass, he's just trying to do what he thinks is right and I agreed with 95% of his decisions. I planned to do a play through where I let Alistair kill him, but in the meantime I read Stolen Throne and ended up liking Loghain even more and despising Alistair for being a whiny little ***** (semi-serious, his disapproval dialogue is much more amusing).

Aug 19, 2010
Your poll lacks enchantment. This disappointing me.

I'd have to say morrigan. She's really definitive, and her wavering personality was quite intriguing.

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
As much as I love Leliana I had to vote Alistair because he's just more fun to have around.

Honestly I quite like all the party members except Sten (who's quite boring) and Morrigan (who's very boring, made worse by the fact I know plenty of obnoxious attention-whores like her). I didn't get to try Zevran out because my sapphic Elf Mage did not approve of his condescending flirting and lack of loyalty, so she gave him a new sword, blade first.

My actual favorite character is probably Shianni though - the sexy redhead cousin to the City Elf Origin Warden. She's just awesome.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Tough to pick a favourite.
Would be easier to pick the one I like the least which would be Oghren. I think he is just too much of a cliché dwarf to be noteworthy.

I enjoyed the ?secret companion?. He genuinely believed that what king Calian was about to do would jeopardize Ferelden future as an independent nation. Something he has risk and devoted his live for so he felt he had to step in.
Upon recruitment he might not be a joy of fellow but he later on is on a quest to make up for it and good damn letting him do as he wish at the end makes for the damn most fitting end there fucking is in the game!
I think most of the misconception about DA:O ?story? comes from NOT picking the ?secret companion?. Everyone who argues that DA:O is some sort of LoTR copy didn?t quite grasp that the blight is just a MacGuffin.
He is a good character but not my favourite.

I guess I will pick Morrigan.
Her uncoloured view of the world is rather refreshing and since she is basically at odds with everyone else there is always great banter going on.
She has some great WTF moments in the game as well. For example you can convince her in the tower of magi when she argues to purge them all to help instead. When you manage that she agrees with you she goes along in complete contrast to what she proposed before and no damage to her affection.
And I like character that are blunt? and she is.

Dyf91

Mar 2, 2012
I picked Morrigan on the poll, but it's really impossible to pick between her and Alistair for who is actually my favourite. They're both awesome and hilarious on their own, nevermind the stuff they say when they are together in the party. Pure genius.