Poll: Favorite Dragon Age: Origins Character

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
While I've played through twice, and I'm on my third now, I can't really say. I mean, I finished my first playthrough over two years ago, and my second took two years to finish, so I don't really remember much of anyone. Soo... the dog?

Hieronymusgoa

Dec 27, 2011
I would say I love them all but I am not such a fan of Oghren and Sten but that may be my RPG prejudice against Troll/Dwarf/Orc-etcpp characters. I love the interacting between all the others too much to really be able to settle for one of them. Alistair's struggle with potential power and not wanting it but seeing the responsibilities someone has to take, Wynne's readiness to help others and put personal sacrifice in favor of others always first, Morrigan being not really evil but more of what Crowley would call a "real" Satanist ("do what thou wilt..."), Leliana's change of heart regarding the Maker and purpose in life, the opportunism of Zevran....
Man i just love this game, still I didn't cry in a Bioware game until Mass Effect 3.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
The_Lost_King said:
It is a hard choice between Leliana who is my waifu and Alistair who is my bro. Hmmm. YEah I don't know.

Also if anyone votes fro the secret character they are insane. I don't understand how you can like him. Especially choosing him over Alistair.
Then call me insane!

Don't get me wrong, Alistair one of the better Bioware characters out there but...

Logain's conversations and stories after you recruit him explain quite a bit about his actions. He also distrusts the Grey Wardens due to the the fact they were kicked out of Ferelden for trying usurp the king in the past (which got elaborated in DLC, bloody EA).

Raikas

Sep 4, 2012
I voted for Shale since she's the most unique (and had some funny dialogue).

Tragedy said:
Zevran is too pushy and his bisexuality is his only character trait
Huh, aside from the camp flirting, he always stuck me as being the only one whose responses to your choices were actually thought-out. Morrigan always disapproves if you're nice, Alistair always disapproves if you're mean, Sten disapproves if you seem week, but Zevran at least had lines commenting on the repercussions of siding with werewolves vs. elves or the politics of choosing balen vs. harrowmont and so on.

hirillenn

Aug 6, 2013
It's pretty tough to choose between Morrigan and Alistair. I voted for Alistair because he's the most lovable character I've ever seen in an RPG, but Morri had such a cool and inventive story. I was pretty heartbroken when she didn't make any sort of appearance in DA2, but hopefully she will have a triumphant return in the next entry.

But seriously: have YOU ever licked a lamppost in winter?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm noticing a distinct lack of "The Dog" as one of the options. >.>

I mean come on! He gets buffs by pissing on stuff! He constantly trolls Morrigan by leaving dead critters in her pack and stealing her panties!

I'll pick Sten, I guess, because he's a total dick without meaning to be a total dick. I love the conversations you have with him, especially if you're playing a female character. I'm not going to vote in the pole, though, out of protest for the fact that The Dog isn't one of the options. >:p

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
oh come on, man, why only one? can't you put Morrigan and Shale together :(

those two femmes fatales plus Alistair (whom i don't like that much... little pussy that he is) make for some hilarious dialogue along all the corridors one has to walk down while killing darkspawn and/or spiders and/or a handfull of undead :D

kill the pidgeons!

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Morrigan is the most interesting and fun character in my opinion. Too bad she gets the worst specialization to start with, and you can't have her in the final mission.