Poll: Favourite accent from around the world?

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Ill take the American Southern Accent, I love a girl who is hot and can talk like that.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Where the hell is Canadian?! And why is Irish there?! Our accents are awful!
Seriously though, Canada? Home of the best accents ever? How did that slip your mind?

Apr 15, 2011
As an American, I've always found British accents to sound badass and sophisticated (at least if spoken in a manly, Sean Connery-esque voice, even though Sean Connery is Scottish IIRC) in comparison to my bland American accent (at least from my perspective). I guess that's why aliens in fiction all have British accents while speaking english [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AliensOfLondon].

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Skytterish said:
British because that comprises of Scottish, Irish, Welsh and English along with the variation across each of these countries P:
WRONG! I'm sorry but no.

British does NOT include Ireland, can people please stop being so ignorant about it?

Also, there is no "Southern Ireland". It's Northern Ireland and The Republic of Ireland.

Fuck sake.

OT: Yeah, I quite like the accents we've got in The Republic of Ireland... At least, most of them.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
English, I can switch back and forth between my American and Irish accents no problem, but I can't speak in a good English accent. It makes me very sad.

The Becker

Jul 17, 2011
Thundero13 said:
Seriously though, Canada? Home of the best accents ever? How did that slip your mind?
not sure if troll...

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
The Becker said:
Thundero13 said:
not sure if troll...
Does it seem like i'm trolling, i'm sorry, I was just wondering why the country with the best accents aren't on the list especially since the country with the worst accents is...

davros3000

Jun 8, 2010
how can you 'british' and 'scottish', i know its a little Life Of Brian '..and welsh from swedish' but you mean 'english'. That is totally different.

Muppet.

OT is this these accents speaking english or what?

Cleo Cowdrey

Apr 14, 2011
Irish, oh i love it. I'm not too keen on my NZ accent or upper class British accents, but that's for a totally different reason.

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Russian, German, French, Nigerian. I like trying to mimic them, but Russian and French are the only ones I consider myself successful in.

KingofallCosmos

Nov 15, 2010
I'm particularly fond of weird dialects that make little sense, like cockney or the french "verl'ans" where they flip words around.
Also I'm missing the afrikaans option. It sounds like real funky children speaking a blend of dutch and english.

Jun 5, 2010
Well I'm Canadian And while I like to think I dont have a Canadian accent(I also write canadian, THE FUCK YOU MEAN THERE IS NO U IN HONOUR GOOGLE!!!?) I do I just notice it because im in Canada my favourite (again U in favourite, TAKE THAT GOOGLE!) accent is south African. bloody hilarious. I choose british however because there was no "other" option.

P.S. lol @ "Frence"