Poll: Favourite feature on the Escapist except ZP?

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Extra credits. The other shows are entertaining but Extra credits has brain and is optimistic. There are too many sadsacs on this site or people who complain.

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
Extra Credits without doubt.

Actually, even high than ZP for me these days. (blasphemy?)

Honorable mention to Unskippable and Moviebob x2

KyoFox

Sep 13, 2009
Unskippable. I've always liked it from the beginning.
Also I've really been getting into "Miracle of Sound" I think it was

CWestfall

Apr 16, 2009
Toss up between Extra Credits and Loading Ready Run.

I love the sketch comedy, (I think being Canadian might help?) but Extra Credits is updated on a day I don't despise, so went with that one.

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
Doomsday Arcade... No, wait, Doraleous & Associat- Oh, neither of those are options.

Fine then, the Jimquisition, purely because Extra Credit's preachy tone has start grating on me slightly recently.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
omg loading ready run is more popular than the jimquisition? For shame. That show wouldn't be entertaining to children!

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Besides Zero Punctuation?
-Unskippable
-Unforgotten Realms*
-Critical Miss & NameGame
-Apocalypse Lane*
-Doraleous & Associates

But my personal favourite, past or present:
DOOMSDAY ARCADE!*

[sub]*Former Escapist shows[/sub]

Cleo Cowdrey

Apr 14, 2011
I have to say it was a big decision between jimquisition, feed dump and unskippable. I went with the latter. those guys crack me up, it reminds me of playing games with the hubby.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
The Jimquisition is growing on me. I'd say it even surpassed Extra Credits for me. First is still ZP, though, but not by far.

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Miracle of Sound. Easy. Even you included ZP.

Honorable Mentions are both of Movie Bob's shows.

Escape to the Movies and The Big Picture.

Emurlahn

Jan 13, 2010
Anyone surprised that Extra Credits have more than 50% of the vote?

Not me at least. Extra Credits is the highlight of my (internet) week, together with EpicBattleCry!

Maladjusted

Mar 20, 2009
Hang on. Who is this "Bob" you're talking about who "sometimes acts like an elitist?" You can't possibly mean the Iron Man loving, geek culture worshiping guy who reviews films for the Escapist...

I mean, that would be Bob "Super Mario brothers was one of the defining cultural events of my generation" Chipman. The guy who told the world about the Japanese version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, who gave a glowing review to the recent GI Joe movie, and who is proud to admit that he has read enough comics to explain the infamously Byzantine D/C continuity. (No mean feat.) This would be the same Bob who has several times announced his charming, but wildly idiosyncratic belief that, at some time in the 1990s, Angelina Jolie single-handedly awakened the latent bi-sexuality of hundreds of thousands of women the world over in a game-changing sexual tsunami...

-This- is the guy you think is 'elitist'? Why? Because he's seen "the Seventh Seal" and doesn't like the "Transformers" film franchise?!? Because he differentiates between better and worse movies like he was some kind of...movie...critic?

Still, I'm on your side. As soon as you tell me who this 'elitist Bob' is, I'll say 'down with that guy' and his...ridiculous dismissal of Shakespeare as a populist parvenu or for his suggestion that all non-astrophysicists have to work in the salt mines...

Oh, and as far as the um (sorry!) topic goes: I also vote for Extra Credits.

Stoike

Jul 12, 2011
Extra Credits for the information they give followed(very closly) would be critical miss

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
Extra Credits wins even if ZP is included.
Love The Big Picture as well though.