Poll: Fear of Needles?

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I recently discovered that quite a few of the poeple I know have a phobia of medical needles and some of them have even fainted in their presence.

So I was wondering if any of you suffer from a fear of needles and if so, why? What makes them scary?

Edit: Forgot my opinion and added a new poll option for Heroin addicts.

I don't even notice them, the main points of injection on the human arm and hand have been numbed completely due to 14 years of thrice-weekly injections for http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haemophilia

And yes, I do have veins that make me look like a junkie.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
Nahh i dont mind them, It doesn't hurt that much, you just breathe out and shut your eyes.

S.H.A.R.P.

Mar 4, 2009
Nah.. I wouldn't like to be near heroine needles, but besides that they don't really bother me. It's been a while, but last time I gut stung by one I looked down on it entering my skin, and it was rather amusing actually.

Caimekaze

Feb 2, 2008
I've had a total of two. One was to numb my gum, one was for a blood test.

Neither of them particularly terrified me, but I didn't enjoy either of them.
So they're okay. I guess...

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
So long as I am not looking at them as I am getting inoculated, I'm cool with them.

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
They're okay. I just don't really like what they're doing.
Inject stuff into me or stealing my blood which needs to stay inside the body.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
http://demotivateyou.com/wp-content/gallery/demotivational-poster-gallery-1/needles.jpg

There you are.

ThePocketWeasel

Mar 24, 2009
Despite the fact I've had multiple piercings I hate having injections. I know a few people who have piercing and are a bit wary of needles. Maybe it's something to do with not liking doctors and you don't have a choice about injections, though who wants to catch the vile disease?

Jovlo

May 12, 2008
I've got a rather bad blood phobia and I've come to associate needles with blood.
Needles scare me a bit although it's because they remind me of blood.

Major_Sam

Aug 27, 2008
Nah they are fine to me. Its the aching you sometimes get after really annoys me. We had quite a large one in high school, it was a three in one or something, and my arm ached for a good 3 days.

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
I know lots of people who have fainted and passed out during needles, or just plain hate it
And its usually the bigger stronger people too, which I find hilarious
I don't mind them
I mean, I don't love them, obviously, but they have to be done

Bofus Teefus

Jan 29, 2009
I'm more afraid of giving injections than recieving... Here's a cute story.

I had the extreme displeasure of working with this bone-headed pharmacy tech awhile back. She was terrified of needles (why become a oh why fucking bother asking) to the point where she wouldn't handle the bags of needles that we dispense to patients on insulin. I guess I should mention that she was otherwise an idiot as well. One fine day she was placing a label on a box of lancets (these are the little needles used to prick your finger to get a drop of blood for glucose monitoring), which she had done many times before. This time, however, she looked at the box more carefully and asked "are there needles in here?" When I answered yes, she looked at the box as if she just realized she was holding a snake and threw it across the room.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
I don't mind them on me. Prefer seeing them put in me than someone else. Could never actually be the inserter though. Scalpeling and needling are why I could never be a doctor/ nurse.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
My veins are hard to get blood out of. I've had a number of blood tests. With people who sucked at drawing blood.

A+B+C= Not too happy around needles. Not exactly phobic, but I automatically get angry when somebody goes to draw my blood, because the odds are they suck at drawing blood and will cause me unnecessary pain.

Lithran

Sep 25, 2008
I'm used to small pricks...(Think of that what you will)

Being serious, fairly used to them now. Only time I don't like them is when a nurse misses a vein and has to mess about with it.