Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

QuantumT

Nov 17, 2009
Jailtime.

Under Connecticut state law, this was 2nd degree sexual assualt, which is a Class C Felony punishable by up to 10 years of jailtime.

That's aside from the additional problem of giving alcohol to a 14 year old, which carries its own penalty.

bakan said:
Come on, does no one read the BIG RED EDIT and just rant about how a boy got raped when it was consensual?
It's still statutory rape.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
duncants said:
I really don't see the problem, kid and girl both probably had a good time (hell, she even bought him booze) This has nothing to do with the gender or the fact that she's hot.

In Holland this is not really illegal any more, I think. A judge set a precedent a while back by not punishing a 20 something year old guy for having sex with a 14 year old.

I mean seriously I would have given my left arm to have sex with a 20 year old when I was 14. Sex is not dangerous and a 14 year old is perfectly capable of making this choice.
Could you link me your source? I have a hard time believing this. I'm dutch myself and our law is quite clear on the matter:

Art 245: "A person who, out of wedlock, with a person who has reached the age of twelve but has not reached sixteen, performs indecent acts comprising or including sexual penetration of the body is liable to a term of imprisonment of not more than eight years or a fine of the fifth category."

Art 247: "A person who, with a person whom he knows to be unconscious or physically unable to resist or to be suffering from such a degree of mental defect or mental disease that he is incapable or not sufficiently capable of exercising or expressing his will in the matter or of offering resistance, performs indecent acts, or who, with a person who has not yet reached the age of sixteen (16) years, out of wedlock, performs indecent acts, or by whom the latter is enticed into performing, or submitting to such acts, out of wedlock, with a third party, is liable to a term of imprisonment of not more than six years or a fine of the fourth category."

By either article he should have either been imprisoned or fined.

While judges can decide whether it's imprisonment or a fine that the offender receives and how heavy that fine/how long that imprisonment I don't think they're able to ignore the law.

JJMUG

Jan 23, 2010
Bealzibob said:
Sexual Assualt....

THAT IS NOT SEXUAL ASSAULT!! THAT IS CONSIDERED RAPE BY MOST PEOPLE.

Seriously, when asked most people will say if you have sex with a drunk chick (ie: Take "advantage" of here) then it should be considered rape. Especially if it's purposefully.

But after reading the edit it seems both were consenting and in a possibly healthy relationship. I have no problem with what they are doing but that is really stupid to have such a blantant example of a double standard.
Men can not be Raped in the United States.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/frequently-asked-questions/ucr_faqs

"For UCR reporting purposes, can a male be raped?

No. The UCR Program defines forcible rape as ?The carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will? (p. 19). In addition, ?By definition, sexual attacks on males are excluded from the rape category and must be classified as assaults or other sex offenses depending on the nature of the crime and the extent of injury? (p. 20). An aggravated assault is a Part I offense and would be reported on the Return A form. (A simple assault is a Part II offense but also would be reported on the Return A form.) Sex offenses qualify as Part II offenses and would be reported on the appropriate Age, Sex, and Race of Persons Arrested form (p. 96 and p.142)."

So she did not commit rape...

duncants

Dec 11, 2010
Alumatine said:
duncants said:
Ah... I love the dutch. :) Laws tempered by context and reason.
Yeah me to but we are slowly changing. clearing out the red light district, moving towards the recriminalization of cannabis, becoming less gay friendly by the day. When I hear what Amsterdam was like when my parents were young I wish I could go back in time.

anyway OT: The bottom line is there is not enough love in the world as it is, why are American laws so stupid sometimes? Punishing someone for having a sexual relationship? really?

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
duncants said:
Alumatine said:
duncants said:
Ah... I love the dutch. :) Laws tempered by context and reason.
Yeah me to but we are slowly changing. clearing out the red light district, moving towards the recriminalization of cannabis, becoming less gay friendly by the day. When I hear what Amsterdam was like when my parents were young I wish I could go back in time.

anyway OT: The bottom line is there is not enough love in the world as it is, why are American laws so stupid sometimes? Punishing someone for having a sexual relationship? really?
I could hug you right now bro. Seriously. The world is full of death and destruction. These guys found a little love and they are being beaten to death with a legal document... more hugs all round and this would be a happier thread.

SmartyShorts

Aug 6, 2011
Suijen said:
She should get rehab. We have norms in society, and 18+ cannot do it with anyone 18-. And no funny 17 1/2 business either.

What I don't agree with is calling it rape. If the guy, or girl, knows what sex is then they're making an informed choice.
I'm pretty sure the law in America (at least where I live) is over 18, under 16. So she would go to jail for rape regardless of the circumstances. The issue here is the fact that there's alcohol involved. If you get someone drunk and they agree to have sex with you, legally you have their consent.

Jun 7, 2010
If she got him drunk in order to take advantage (basically raping him), jail. If, however, they were drinking together and they both decided to do it, i don't see the problem here.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009

(I'd be surprised if this wasn't posted yet)

It's sad but true but that boy will be getting high fives all round since it was a hot woman instead of a man.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
ahappycamper said:
The girl clearly has issues, and rehab would probably be the best option for her, jail is not.
I'm confused, people keep suggesting rehab but none of the articles mention any specific addiction? She should most certainly be a registered sex offender at the very least, to keep her from baby sitting again. Clearly she can't be trusted around young boys.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
mizushinzui said:
It's quite difficult to say weather it was wrong without knowing everything about it.

Was this in the UK or the US? Was the relationship consensual? (I know you said they were in a relationship but this could still have been forced) There are a lot of deciding facts that we still don't know.

either way technically she broke the law, and weather they should show leniency with this woman is the only real question. Either way she still needs to be punished.

p.s. not all 14 year olds look as young as that, besides should how they look affect things? It's mental state that's the real reason for ages of consent surely.
We know it wasn't consensual. In order to give consent you need to be above the age of consent which is 16 in Connecticut. The boy was 14. It's impossible for it to be consensual, no matter what the boy says, feels or thinks.

Children agree to stupid things all the time. At 14 you're still a child, and you brain isn't developed enough to make adult decisions. Your brain hasn't fully developed the regions that deal with responsibility and long-term planning and decision making. In addition to that your brain is high on various hormones. He's both legally and physically incapable of giving real consent.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
I wish I had a babysitter like that. Hell yeah!

I don't really think this is a big deal. I mean, come on, he's 14... It's not THAT traumatising.

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
Hagi said:
mizushinzui said:
It's quite difficult to say weather it was wrong without knowing everything about it.

Was this in the UK or the US? Was the relationship consensual? (I know you said they were in a relationship but this could still have been forced) There are a lot of deciding facts that we still don't know.

either way technically she broke the law, and weather they should show leniency with this woman is the only real question. Either way she still needs to be punished.

p.s. not all 14 year olds look as young as that, besides should how they look affect things? It's mental state that's the real reason for ages of consent surely.
We know it wasn't consensual. In order to give consent you need to be above the age of consent which is 16 in Connecticut. The boy was 14. It's impossible for it to be consensual, no matter what the boy says, feels or thinks.

Children agree to stupid things all the time. At 14 you're still a child, and you brain isn't developed enough to make adult decisions. Your brain hasn't fully developed the regions that deal with responsibility and long-term planning and decision making. In addition to that your brain is high on various hormones. He's both legally and physically incapable of giving real consent.
It's against the law because it wasn't consensual and it wasn't consensual because it's the law. Got that one stitched up pretty nice haven't you.

I've met some pretty insanely mature kids and some pretty stupid adults. Age isn't everything in terms of consent.

puffy786

Jun 6, 2011
Humm, if a 20 year old man drugged and rapped a 14 year old girl, the jail option would shine out and my choice would be the same if the genders were reversed sooo...

(Scrolls Down)

Oh I didn't notice the big edit. Still, she committed a crime by at least drugging a minor with alcohol and having sexual relations with a child. Jail should still be considered.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
They should just be separated. That's it. No Trial. No Rehab. Nothing.

Why? Cause the kid clearly consented to fucking her. Those of you saying this is sexual "abuse": Shut the fuck up. He wasn't "abused". I'd put money on it.

And I guess the girl either felt okay with giving a kid what he wanted and/or maybe even fancied younger men. What's the big deal with that? TONS of women are infatuated with younger men-
[HEADING=2]COUGH*Twilight*COUGH![/HEADING]

*Ahem, sorry that was a very loud cough. Damn cold. ;)

ahappycamper

Jul 13, 2009
Dags90 said:
ahappycamper said:
The girl clearly has issues, and rehab would probably be the best option for her, jail is not.
I'm confused, people keep suggesting rehab but none of the articles mention any specific addiction? She should most certainly be a registered sex offender at the very least, to keep her from baby sitting again. Clearly she can't be trusted around young boys.
Well i'm seeing this as either an addiction to sex, or some other related mental issues which led her to seduce a boy. Maybe what I really meant was that she needed therapy/counseling.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
duncants said:
In Holland this is not really illegal any more, I think. A judge set a precedent a while back by not punishing a 20 something year old guy for having sex with a 14 year old.
It's not illegal in Germany, either, as long as consent and no one under the age of 14 is involved.

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
Technically, it's definitely a crime. But then again, 14-year olds have sex all the time. What's the difference if the other person is 14 as well, or 20? I'd consider both of them young people of about the same mental judgment. If it was consensual (and yes, despite him drinking, I doubt being sober would have changed his decision to have sex with her. She's still a fairly good looking woman) then I really see no problem with it (and yes, this also means I would think it's fine if the genders were reversed, and it was a 14 year old girl and a 20 year old guy. I'm not a person of double standards).