Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
Instinct Blues said:
She shouldn't go to jail for this, but she needs to be put on the sex offender list because what she did was wrong. I don't care how good looking she is it probably will end up scarring that poor kid for life. I mean he probably won't be able to have a normal relationship after this being used by girl.
Wait wait wait... you want a girl that had sex with her boyfriend (accord to all the edits) to be put on the sex offender list. So she is limited to where she can live, where she can go etc for the next 40-70 years of her life...

Insanity.

In America, she isn't even a legal adult in many terms... yet you want her to be prosecuted as one. THAT is the double standard.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
I selected the medal option. When I was 14, WOO HOO, boy oh boy, that would have been the best day of my life.

GrymZero

Mar 1, 2010
If it was truly consensual, probation or whatever just because of the age thing, she can't get off scot free, and I'd be saying the same if the gender roles were reversed.

If it really was rape, then throw her the hell in jail because rape, no matter the gender, is despicable.

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
hmmm yes...of course no matter what gender a sex offender is it should be the same outcome....BUT as the OP said she is attractive and i was 14 myself once (shocker) so not sure about if the story really went down like it's told (i.e parents found out...boy is ashamed...says she got me drunk)^^

PS: And we didn't see a picture of the boy...who knows maybe he looks a lot older which could explain why she is attracted to him...that wouldn't change that he is a minor of course but maybe shed some light on the whole thing

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Disgusting. Send that poor excuse for humanity to rot in prison where she belongs. Alcohol and rape of a minor, that slime deserves 10-20 easy.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I don't care how attractive she is, you break the law you go to jail. If this was a 20 year old guy and 14 year girl you wouldn't be saying let him off because he's attractive. Whether the kid wanted it or not doesn't matter. A 20 year old should know and follow the law. Also, it's kinda sad that she can't get anyone her own age.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
So Person A (An adult) has provided alcohol to Person B (A 14 year old). Person A then proceeded to have sex with Person B.

Now, I don't recall statutory rape being anything less than illegal, and I certainly don't think gender has anything to do with the matter.

Anyway, I look forward to reading about her being let off the hook based purely on her ownership of a vagina. That will just make my day something special.

...Actually, that makes me wonder. Suppose she were not attractive? At all? What would the general consensus be then? Food for thought.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
MazdaXR said:
There are plenty of double standards in the law, first of all men can perform rape women cannot, they merely perform sexual assault.
That doesn't disprove my point - it merely serves to illustrate the sorry state of the law in this regard.

RivFader86

Jul 3, 2009
joshuaayt said:
So Person A (An adult) has provided alcohol to Person B (A 14 year old). Person A then proceeded to have sex with Person B.

Now, I don't recall statutory rape being anything less than illegal, and I certainly don't think gender has anything to do with the matter.

Anyway, I look forward to reading about her being let off the hook based purely on her ownership of a vagina. That will just make my day something special.
It's not so much about the gender of the offender but the gender/age of the victim...come on man think back to when you were 14 and what you would have done to get an attractive older girl to sleep with you^^

Alumatine

Aussie LAN'r
Jul 3, 2011
Astoria said:
I don't care how attractive she is, you break the law you go to jail. If this was a 20 year old guy and 14 year girl you wouldn't be saying let him off because he's attractive. Whether the kid wanted it or not doesn't matter. A 20 year old should know and follow the law. ***Also, it's kinda sad that she can't get anyone her own age.***
***INSERT CHILDISH ADDITIONAL SENTENCE TO VALID POINT HERE***

That girl could get someone her own age... without trying... maybe she really loves the kid, maybe the kid loves her. I don't know, you don't know, the cops don't know, his mother doesn't know... noone here knows. How can you make close minded final statements based on facts that you've made up in your head?

This entire thread is full of narrow minded opinions and assumptions. This is how hate groups start.

I'm not saying she did the right thing or that he did, but I'm saying that this isn't black and white and noone knows anywhere near enough information to make a valid judgement... only submit opinions and ideas.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
god i envy this kid

the only crime here is that it's a crime that you can't have sex with whoever and whatever you want

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
Sarge034 said:
Look at it like this.

What if it was a 20 year old male babysitter who got a 14 year old girl drunk and slept with her?

That's right people would be screaming for blood.

But seriously why is this even up for debate?

Providing alcohol to a minor
Sexual assault
Sexual assault of a minor
Good sir or madam (I confess I'm too lazy to look at your profile), we are in complete agreement. Not to mention that it kind of says something about the family when parents hire a babysitter for their 14-year-old and considering what happened, I'm willing to believe they're not just being over-protective.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
StBishop said:
Saulkar said:
StBishop said:
Adam Grove said:
I think rehab/tons of comunty servic should be sufficent, besides she already has to deal with the embaressment of having this article online for the whole world to read
Saulkar said:
While I have no problem with underage sexual encounters between individuals (as long as it is wholly consensual with absolutely no coercion), there has to be a certain age limit to which this should be allowed, eg. A 20 year old woman/guy with a 14 year old girl/boy or vice verse compared to a 40 year old Guy/Girl with a 14 year old Guy/Girl. Personally I do not feel that any harm would come with an age gap of 6 years (progressively narrowing the gap the younger the people get) but I draw a hard line made of bricks and mortar when it comes to someone drugging a person to cognitively compromise them making it easier to coerce them, or to coerce them in general.

So in the end I feel that unless she did the boy any physical harm or caused extensive cognitive trauma, she should receive a (high) fine and community service.
[outdated pop culture reference]
Now drop down flip it and reverse it,[/outdated pop culture reference] you got a 20 year old bloke getting a 14 year old girl drunk and raping her.

If you feel that your response is still valid I don't really know what else to say.

In your mind imagine this dude:

with this girl:
What is the cognitive level of the girl?
Has the guy a history of violent acts or sexual assault?
What are their personality types?
Do not send me random pictures, give me a fully evaluated description of the two people you showed (those two specific people). I cannot tell shit from looking at them. People think I am a 30 year old steroid pushing rivet head biker but I am a 19 year old Jim Carry who likes leather. Would you tell that just by looking at me?

This makes me believe further in a system that evaluates an individual on their mental and sexual aptitude and development. Say you have someone who wants to start having sex under age say 12 or 13 but you do not know how capable they are. In that case I believe there should be an specialized aptitude test that evaluates an individual and determines whether or not they are ready. In the event that the individual wants to have a sexual encounter with someone who is like 5-10 years older than them, those people should also be (anonymously unless they commit a crime) registered following a similar test (more like an interview followed by a period of observation as a written test can easily be cheated) so that not only do you have a face, you have an ID that can allow you to track them down quickly. But none the less with such a complicated system many more might just forgo it and commit the act illegally. Here in Canada there was much opposition towards the age of consent being raised from 14 to 16. Reason being is because it would do nothing to stop underage sex and because it was made illegal, rape and abuse victims would be less likely to report it as they had broken the law.

The age of consent law in itself is all encompassing rather than tailored to the individual as not all people are created equal.
I don't know them, I just googled "Creepy 20 year old guy" and "young teen" to illustrate my point.

What I'm getting at is that regardless of gender or "hotness" she's commited a crime that would be seen as horrific if the genders had been reversed, and that based only on the facts we've been given the only logical option is (in my opinion) incarceration.

Sure there are kids who're ready to have sex at 14, they're not the rule though, they're the exception. I think plenty of people wish they'd waited to lose their virginity, just as there are probably people who wish it'd happened earlier.

The thing is, it's easier and safer to legislate on the side of caution with children rather than have a very subjective system which is wide open to abuse.

Also, on the topic of abuse victims worrying about breaking the law. I have never heard of an abuse victim worrying about that, ever. I may not know of a great deal of cases but that tends to be further down the lists of priorities, somewhere after the perp not being put away and things getting worse etc.
You do indeed make valid points but the fact that you searched for "Creepy 20 year old guy" and "young teen" (she does not even look like she is 14!) instead of a valid reference hurts your argument even if your intent was pure. What you did was insincere and may even be called deliberately misleading as one may interpret you response as an attempt to artificially gain support by showing an exaggerated juxtaposition rather than to inform, ie. Super cute girl (who may be younger than fourteen) against a guy was deliberately chosen for his appearance as many would naturally associate him as an undesirable, or established criminal. But on the other hand here in Canada a fourteen year old can have sex with a person older than them by up to five years. I also do believe (but take this with a grain of salt) if your already established sexual partner turns twenty while you remain fourteen, they are exempt if you turn fifteen within three or four months. I cannot remember but this is already a grey area to begin with. Also I am indeed acquainted with such a couple and have been for over a year and they have never once had an altercation on the matter (Girl is now 17 and the guy is 21 1/2). So what are we dealing with here?

Moral indignation?
The law is the law, even if it is unjust under certain circumstances?
An archaic law that needs to be reformed?
Or something much, much more?

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
RivFader86 said:
joshuaayt said:

It's not so much about the gender of the offender but the gender/age of the victim...come on man think back to when you were 14 and what you would have done to get an attractive older girl to sleep with you^^
Not a thing. Now, I know that I am apparently an oddity in this matter (sex is totally icky to me), but that's not the point- it's that, were the genders reversed, even in a completely consensual situation, the guy would go to jail, no questions- even if the girl was 100 percent down with it.

bakan

Jun 17, 2011
Come on, does no one read the BIG RED EDIT and just rant about how a boy got raped when it was consensual?

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
If the genders were swapped, this would be a clear cut case. Send that pervert to jail and treat her the same as if a guy that did it.