Poll: Female babysitter charged for having sex with 14-year old boy.

Logodaedalus

Aug 14, 2011
I'm not sure how to feel about this, I know the first thing that jumps to mind is the "it's a crime no matter how she looks", but I think that's being to quick to judge. As far as I can tell they had a relationship that their parrents disagreed with.
I know a few girls who had their boyfriends since they were 15 or 16 when the guy was 5-8 years older, and they are still with them 4 years later. What I'm saying is such things can work, and as far as I can tell this is a case of it working.

Jacynduhh

Aug 15, 2011
she should defiantly get some form of punishment, she was their to look after the parents' child, not screw his brains out.

andrat

Jan 14, 2009
...when I was 14 I liked hot girls and said hot girls buying me alcohol. I don't see the problem really.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Bob Hoss said:
And the 14 year-old (if this was voluntary, which of course it was, who are we kidding) should she punishment as well, for trapping some dumb ***** into this.
Yeah, good idea, because punishing victims who have been taken advantage of due to their young age is fair right? [/sarcasm] The whole reason we have age of consent laws is because those below that age are considered not to be mature enough to consent for sex, so holding them responsible for that just doesn't make sense.

OT: I see no reason not to punish this woman, she knew the law and broke it regardless, she can reap what she sow. It's not hard to avoid having sex with 14 year olds when there are several billion legal of age people in this world.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
aei_haruko said:
Okay then, using your logic anything illegal is wrong, in that case, then being gay is wrong, or at least it was wrong when openly serving in the millitary, even though said soldier would be giving his life for his country. Or if that one is not something you would usually come acrosss, what about wearing a t-shirt with a political message to school? Just because the law, or an authority says something is wrong, does not make it wrong. Only you can decide what is, and is not evil. I think that because this was consentual on both parties parts, and because the kid was reasonably competant, that there should be no criminal charges, because nobody was wronged.
I'm saying that anything illegal is illegal and those who commit such acts should be prosecuted in an equal manner. See my assessment of the 20 year old man and 14 year old girl.

You have the right to think what you want and to try to get these laws changed in a democratic manner, but at this point it is still a crime and she is still guilty.

On the topic of being openly gay in the military, yes I know why that was a law. In basic there are only open bay showers and it would be grounds to sue the military if an openly gay person was to be allowed to shower with other men. It would be like letting a straight guy shower with the women, but under the new law they will be showering with other men. Some base/post gyms are like that as well. In the dorms a man and a woman cannot share a room due to fears of rape, but a man cannot request a room change due to the fact that he has a gay man as a roommate under the new law.

On the topic of political messages in school. Public schools are supposed to present a non-bias area to learn which is also why teachers are not supposed to say what party they belong to and such.

Good day sir.

aei_haruko

Jun 12, 2011
Sarge034 said:
aei_haruko said:
Okay then, using your logic anything illegal is wrong, in that case, then being gay is wrong, or at least it was wrong when openly serving in the millitary, even though said soldier would be giving his life for his country. Or if that one is not something you would usually come acrosss, what about wearing a t-shirt with a political message to school? Just because the law, or an authority says something is wrong, does not make it wrong. Only you can decide what is, and is not evil. I think that because this was consentual on both parties parts, and because the kid was reasonably competant, that there should be no criminal charges, because nobody was wronged.
I'm saying that anything illegal is illegal and those who commit such acts should be prosecuted in an equal manner. See my assessment of the 20 year old man and 14 year old girl.

You have the right to think what you want and to try to get these laws changed in a democratic manner, but at this point it is still a crime and she is still guilty.

On the topic of being openly gay in the military, yes I know why that was a law. In basic there are only open bay showers and it would be grounds to sue the military if an openly gay person was to be allowed to shower with other men. It would be like letting a straight guy shower with the women, but under the new law they will be showering with other men. Some base/post gyms are like that as well. In the dorms a man and a woman cannot share a room due to fears of rape, but a man cannot request a room change due to the fact that he has a gay man as a roommate under the new law.

On the topic of political messages in school. Public schools are supposed to present a non-bias area to learn which is also why teachers are not supposed to say what party they belong to and such.

Good day sir.
Of coursse, Equal justice for all. I agree wholeheartedly. as for gays in the millitary, I disagree. So long as a guy doesn't act on urges, theres nothing wrong going on. In fact, I'd say that if a gay guy showers with other guys, that thats how it should be. Lets look at it this way, where would a bisexual shower? If they are attracted to everybody, then they'd not be allowed to shower with anybody. In the end does it matter? They are extra soldiers in the millitary, and they're serving their country. It doesn't matter what happens in the showers, what matters is tht gay guys have given their lives for the millitary, tell ya what, ets agree to disagree sir

Rathinosk

Mar 26, 2010
Not all young people are as innocent as their parents would like to think they are. At the age of 12, I could quite easily pass myself off as an 18 year old. I was already quite tall, had a full mustache, and my job at the time (stock-boy) actually required me to wear a suit. I was also very confident, mature and well-spoken for my age and had no problem purchasing alcohol in bars. (this was prior to mandatory ID laws)

On one occasion, while playing table-top Pac-Man (while drinking a vodka and coke) a rather hot young woman joined me and we had a nice conversation for the better part of an hour. We bought each other drinks and she later suggested that we move the festivities to her place.

I was *quite* interested in going home with her. Unfortunately, I needed to let my stepfather know I would not be coming home. When I told her that I needed to let him know, the word "dad" slipped out and she began to question my age. I eventually came clean and told her I was 12.

She had assumed I was 18 or 19. I had assumed she was actually around that same age, but it turned out she was 26, and now quite embarrassed. Had I not 'blown it', I would have been the one inducing this woman to commit statutory rape.

I was able to keep my parents completely ignorant of my drinking, smoking and other activities until long after I had moved out. Even my sisters were completely unaware of all my partying and actually assumed I was a "goody-two-shoes" nerd. I partied outside what would be considered my 'normal' social circles, while telling my parents I was 'working' or staying at fictitious friend's houses.

I'm not saying that this woman did nothing wrong. But people need to realize that teens are far from stupid, many of them are smarter and far more worldly-wise than their parents could ever imagine. The boy may have actually been playing his parents - leading his parents to believe that he still needed a babysitter so that this girl would come over...

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Like alot of people have said, I'm pretty sure that if the girl was 14 years old and the babysitter was a guy who was 20, all hell (and talks of wanting to castrate him) would break loose. Really stupid how they pass this up as like a brush it off type thing.

Oh such a wonderful thing double standards are.

Also, why does having sex at such a young age for a guy contend to such honor? I fail to understand that.

dakorok

Dec 8, 2010
She got a minor drunk. She had sex with a minor who was under the age of consent. Consenting or not, those are against the law.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
Xeraxis said:
Also, why does having sex at such a young age for a guy contend to such honor? I fail to understand that.
Men are simple creatures? Seriously, I've tried reasoning this out and all I can come up with is guys' brains in general are tuned to "woo, yeah! SEX!" most of the time... it's kind of depressing.

OT: She got a minor drunk, seduced a minor, and had sex with a minor. Whether he consents or not, that's still at least statutory rape, with the whole "getting him drunk" thing on top of it. She should go to prison just the same as any male should if he pulled this shit on a 14-year-old girl.

Frankly the double-standard here and wherever stories like this come up is sickening to me. 20-something year old man gets a teenage girl drunk and has sex with her and people are screaming for his brutal public execution.

20-something year old chick does it to a teenage guy however? "I wish I had babysitters like that, get this kid a medal and let the woman off. She just made him the happiest guy in the world." It's fucking sick!

comet5002

Mar 27, 2009
She should go to jail, obviously. If this was a 20 year old male having sex with a 14 year old female, he would land almost life in jail. I think the opposite should be held true as well. Screw double standards. If someone breaks the law, punish them. She knew what she was doing, and whether the boy was voluntary or pushing for it or not, it comes down to her bad judgement.

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
Blitzwing said:
quantumsoul said:
Other than braking a law she did nothing wrong. She likely made him a more confident well adjusted young man.

I wish a hot girl had sex with me when I was 14. I'd have confidence through the roof. Now I'm 29 and still shy and awkward around women(though nowhere near as bad as I used to be). To me she's a hero.
You don?t know much about this sort of think do you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood_sexual_abuse#Dissociation_and_posttraumatic_stress_disorder_.28PTSD.29
He's 14. He's an adolescent not a child. If he was younger like 12 or less I'd agree it was abuse. Having consensual sex with your attractive older girlfriend at an age when you reach puberty will not traumatize you. It's a natural biologic drive. Lots of teens have sex without psychological harm. Treating sex with her like its something to be ashamed of will only cause him harm where it should not.

Now if you have research that shows teens as young as 14 are harmed by having consensual sex with their older boyfriend/girlfriend then maybe I'll agree with you.

Ixnay1111

Mar 11, 2011
He probably has a sizeable penis. But really we are in no position to judge. And can people stop using "what ifs" please. "What if" is what you say when you have no arguement to raise.

AdumbroDeus

Feb 26, 2010
aei_haruko said:
Sarge034 said:
aei_haruko said:
I agree wholeheartedly with this statement, however...
The kid enjoyed it, it was consentual( the edit anyway...)
if the kid liked it, and he consented to it not uder influence, why not?
Because it is statutory rape and statutory rape is illegal.
It's wrong because a guy having sex with an underage girl is wrong.

quantumsoul said:
Blitzwing said:
quantumsoul said:
Other than braking a law she did nothing wrong. She likely made him a more confident well adjusted young man.

I wish a hot girl had sex with me when I was 14. I'd have confidence through the roof. Now I'm 29 and still shy and awkward around women(though nowhere near as bad as I used to be). To me she's a hero.
You don?t know much about this sort of think do you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childhood_sexual_abuse#Dissociation_and_posttraumatic_stress_disorder_.28PTSD.29
He's 14. He's an adolescent not a child. If he was younger like 12 or less I'd agree it was abuse. Having consensual sex with your attractive older girlfriend at an age when you reach puberty will not traumatize you. It's a natural biologic drive. Lots of teens have sex without psychological harm. Treating sex with her like its something to be ashamed of will only cause him harm where it should not.

Now if you have research that shows teens as young as 14 are harmed by having consensual sex with their older boyfriend/girlfriend then maybe I'll agree with you.
There is a legitimate question about whether 18 and 14 isn't too large of an age difference, however in a position of authority, I think it's more then sufficient. The babysitter took advantage of her charge.

Regardless, you bring up a valid point, but the larger concern that most people are raising is that female on male abuse is ignored while male on female abuse is vigorously prosecuted. In spite of what the masculinists will have you believe, this is actually because of sexism against women, namely gender roles.

Equality requires being equal, not just equal where it makes life easier.

NotSoLoneWanderer

Jul 5, 2011
le sigh he got what many kids his age think about non-stop but it's technically rape ermmm there would be no problem with this a few hundred years ago depending on society and social class but err le sigh.