Poll: Final Fantasy X remake - do YOU hate it?

AcidKnight

Jan 13, 2010
A lot of people on the internet are complaining that the FFX remake is a waste of Square's time, whether its because they want another Final Fantasy remade first or they didnt like FFX the first time around.

Personally, FFX is my favorite FF (assuming i throw away nostalgia - FF2/4 was my first one, and shall always be first to me :D), so the remake is a godsend, especially since i dont have a PS2 and my PS3 isnt backward compatible. Its battle system was awesome, even if it was turn-based (which i refer anyway), it was the last FF (discounting FFX-2) that allowed you to control all your characters' actions, not just the leader, its sidequests were amazing and actually gave worthwile rewards ala the weapons, and its story was deep and thought-provoking. Yes, there were aspects that i didnt like about it (such as the armor system), but i could say the same about any game.

So do you like/hate this remake? Have you played FFX on PS2 yet? Are you sick of remakes in general?

Or do you wish that they'd stop remaking old games and come out with KH3 already?

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I really liked FFX, it was one of my favourite games for the PS2, yeah I'm happy it's getting a PS3 remake. I don't really care for the other games getting remade, but this one, I can't wait.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
I can't wait for it. Since I am getting a Vita, and I believe they said it was coming for that. I am going to get the Vita Version.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
The only thing I find hilarious is that they're remaking FFX when they know their most rabid fanboys want a FFVII remake. As for me not interested either way, last FF I played was V

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
I think it's stupid to remake FFX because it wasn't even a good game to begin with. The combat system was so uninteresting and boring, blitzball was more fun than the battle system. Plus, the game was so damn easy that all the time spent in battles was just a waste. Why even have battles if there is no challenge? The game was just wasting my time by making me battle. The story was alright but the characters for the most part sucked, Tidus was so annoying and Yuna was the most uninteresting woman ever. And, the game was so freaking linear as well. FFX is a pretty weak RPG with extremely simplistic mechanics. Graphically the game wasn't very good looking, the in-game graphics were just mediocre and the pre-rendered cut-scenes were totally different looking (Kimari was blue in-game but grey in the cut-scenes). There's a lot of hate for FFXII (not a great game either) but it had the same battle system as FFX when you look under the hood; it just merely automated the process for you because the system is so simple. At least FFXII had better characters, a open world with enemies moving around in the world, and better graphics.

LittleBlondeGoth

Mar 24, 2011
I'll buy it.

I've already got a copy of FFX on the PS2, and since I've never thrown away any of my consoles, I can still play it whenever I want. But I'm interested to see what they do to update it. I've also got more money than sense.

I also look at it as a test. You know, to see how smoothly an older game can be brought into a new engine. And X makes sense, since it's fairly close to begin with. Once you start hitting IX and further back, we're talking a lot of effort with a remake.

And Auron is badass. I can't deny him the opportunity to be badass in HD, that would be wrong.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
While I'm not looking forward to it, I don't think it shouldn't happen. I'd prefer it if people were more willing to put out new ideas and concepts rather than just rehashing, but what can you do?

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
I'm looking forward to it only if its a remake and X-2 is in someway, shape, or form included as well

MLionheart

May 21, 2011
I enjoyed FFX but the thought of a remake is rediculous.
It doesn't need it. Assuming it's just a graphically overhall, it's still visually stunning as it is.If they intend to change the game mechanics though, then just make a new game instead.

If any of the Final Fantasy's needed a graphical update then it should be VII, VIII or IX. (Even I-VI would be cool, but they've been updated enough to avoid being an eyesore as it is and I personally have no issues with them being 2D.)

An update would be nice and all and I'll definately get it, but I really think it's a waste of money and time that would be better suited spent on either remaking one of the PS1 games or just making a new game/franchise.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
FF X is not my favorite, but it's nice enough. I won't get a Vita at launch, but when I eventually do, I will also pick up FF X.

I know that it's very popular in Japan, so Sony and S-E are making a reasonable business decision: A popular game with a touch of nostalgia is being re-released on the latest handheld console, the dominant type of platform in the home market. It supports the new tech and gives the developer a chance to do an early test of its skills with the hardware without the pressure of creating an entirely new game so close to the console's launch.

It's a "play-it-safe" move, but it has the potential to lead to bigger and better things. In the meantime, we get another decent FF on a shiny new system.

seraphy

Jan 2, 2011
FF X is still fine game to play even now, who really wants remake of it? And not say FF VI, in my opinion non other Final fantasy even deserves remake. Terra is best protagonist from any final fantasy after all.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I liked FFX. Not as much as the other FF games I've played, but I still liked it. So I don't mind there being a remake.

kyogen said:
It's a "play-it-safe" move, but it has the potential to lead to bigger and better things.
I agree with this. Especially considering how much of a flop FF XIV was.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
I liked it I just don't understand why it needs to be remade, it's not really that old or out of date, the only reason I could find is maybe they'll sync the lips this time around so the voice actors don't have to Change their pitch and tone mid-sentence to match the characters faces.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Is this a real "remake" or is it just the exact same game with a HD coating, a la God of War/Team Ico/Metal Gear collections?

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I'm interested to see what exactly will be different about it. I can make a wishlist but I think it's easier to say that if it's the exact same game with no changes other then a slight graphics upgrade then count me out.

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
I'd love to see FF IX (9) updated with just new graphics. Touch anything else and everyone working at Square loses a finger.
As cool as the games graphics are, they only do anything for me when I'm in a city or town. SO DO IT SQUARE. And if they screw it up, I at least have the original PS1 version, all I need is a memory card.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Wait, Wait, WaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT!

FINAL FANTASY X IS GETTING A REMAKE?!

WHY HAVENT I HEARD OF THIS YET!

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!

Yes, i would LOVE a FFX remake; FFX was just that good. Although, i would like to see some extra things added to the gameplay, rather than just a facelift, but i would honestly be fine with just that!