Poll: First Kisses

OmegaXzors

Apr 4, 2010
So far, every girlfriend I've had says they "wait for the guy to make the move." I like to be spontaneous. I usually always kiss the day I'm going out with them.

Coldman42

Nov 17, 2009
I have never kissed anyone, and i probably never will.

Meh, it's probably really overrated anyway. Like sex.

GeckaWeot

Apr 23, 2010
I tend to wait until I'm dying for it to happen before trying, very awkwardly, to lead my partner into it.

Meander112

Spiritual Scientific Skeptic
Jan 26, 2010
It's a kiss. Fundamentally it's not that big of a deal. Besides, the more you kiss, the better you'll be at it.

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
i have to say the first girl i was really "in love" with wasnt until like my sophomore year and she asked me out which was totally out of the blue and i kissed her on the cheek that night because i was sooo nervous and still sort of in shock because i was secretly obsessed with her and had no idea she liked me lmao

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
Mcface said:
haha.. way to reinforce negative stereotypes guys.
i have to say its nice to see such honesty on a thread because in most other websites that ive seen ask something similar everyone is freaking james bond an gets ladies left and right lol. also dont have to be negative just put some spin on it like gamers tend to wait for the right person until they get into a relationship or something like that :)

michiehoward

Apr 18, 2010
Suilenroc said:
michiehoward said:
Let all you men on a big secret tip here on women, if a woman wants your kiss, she will watch your mouth most of the evening and lean in closer, you get those signals it may be safe to go in for the kiss
"may" be safe? i think you are under playing it a little, the only thing more odvious is if she said, "don't be a ***** and kiss me already!" :p
Well the watching the mouth thing might be because the dude has something stuck in his teeth, so its always best to wait for the women to angle in closer lol just for safety and prides sake

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
RathWolf said:
Redlin5 said:
Haha, the fact that "I've never had a GF/BF" has the most votes right now is hilarious. Are you singles just curious?
Nah, we just like feeling bad for ourselves.

So yeah, never had a girlfriend. HAHA, sad.
Just because I've never had a girlfriend doesn't mean I haven't kissed a girl.

I thought this thread was going to be more like "What was your first kiss?" not "How do you go for a first kiss". That's why I clicked on it.

Skywatcher

Dec 25, 2009
Just go for it. It's going to be memorable (in a good way!) whether you wait for "the moment" or not. I remember all my first kisses with guys I've dated; few of them were romantic, but all of them were exciting.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
i'm SUCH a traditionalist! the end of the first date is ALWAYS a kiss, but i'm almost never the one to initiate it, being very attractive and all. :p

AquaSqueeze

Apr 24, 2010
Divine Miss Bee said:
i'm SUCH a traditionalist! the end of the first date is ALWAYS a kiss, but i'm almost never the one to initiate it, being very attractive and all. :p
Totally know how you feel dude 8)

I've never really made the first move.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
you have to wait for the right moment, trust me on this, but im not one to talk, i hated my first kiss, it really wasent untel my girlfirend Amanda, that i enjoyed kissing.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
must, not, post, advice dog
anyway, I haven't had a first kiss yet, but I have noticed something vaguely related to this subject. at lunch I sit at a table that is primarily girls for two reason. one, they'll let me read my books in peace, and two, a girl that I like sits there and I try to talk to her but it doesn't work and*starts to drool*, anyway, they just started paying more(I.E a fuck ton) of attention to me, all of them that is, except the girl that I sit there for. I would start a topic on it, but I would be laughed at.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Coldman42 said:
I have never kissed anyone, and i probably never will.

Meh, it's probably really overrated anyway. Like sex.
Nither is, if you find the right person that is.

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
I used to be all for waiting for the right moment, thinking that some voice would speak to me telling me exactly when to go; and if I couldn't hear that voice, then some force would mystically press my lips close to hers and fireworks would blast signaling the exact right moment and a unicorn would casually trot by as I gently pushed the hair off the right side of her face and looped it behind her ear while using that move to hold the side of her chin and bring it in for a wonderful, spectacular, face-plant, socks-off worthy kiss.

Unfortunately, to date, that hasn't happened.

Elements, sure, but there is no such thing as waiting for the right moment in which to do something. There are certainly wrong moments, but there is no one right moment. Any action starts with a thought and the thought takes a moment to become action, so you'd have to be prescient of what was going to happen in order to actually do the whole "right moment" thing.

Abstract thought leads to intention leads to directed action. Only by making full use of a moment can you make it right.