Poll: For the Warriors of Skyrim, a Question....

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
Dagger because I can get 30x damage when doing a sneak attack (with a perk and Shrouded Hand Wraps), and the animation is so good. If they start fighting back, well the swords are quite nice but the glass battle axe looks pretty cool too.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
My paladin uses a sword, but my main uses Wuuthraad. Well she uses Wuuthraad for now until I can find a sword that is better than it.

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Depends how i'm playing.
With a shield, swords. Favorite strategy is block then two quick attacks, very cautious play style, but I screw up alot less this way.

For duel wielding, axes. With these I find I an become a true barbarian, I tun into a room and everything is dead before they can take a quarter of my health off.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
I prefer swords because they're all slashy and cutty and stabby rather than just hitting things really hard. Especially Dawnbreaker.

Wapox

Feb 4, 2010
I favor the Daggers for the increased speed and also for the added stealth moment when you come from behind in sneakmode and take them out with 15x dmg.. Love IT!

PurePareidolia

Nov 26, 2008
Dagger where possible for all the 15x crits I can get, but swords if my nigh-invisibility somehow fails me.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
DressedInRags said:
Mate, all you have to do is buy a bloody battlexe. It uses the same skills as a greatsword, all of it falls into the two-handed category. If you've been levelling skills with a greatsword then it just boosts your two-handed skill, so picking up a battleaxe and using it in combat is an option.
Not totally mate, Ive gone 3/3 deep wounds- switching ot battleaxes would mean those perks have been wasted.

dogenzakaminion

Jun 15, 2010
Depends on the character, my stealthy assassin has two daggers but my personal favorite is the greataxe. So satisfying.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Mace - They aren't the easiest to fight with but have the best perk support in my opinion. A very high percentage of armour piercing seems to outweigh the benefits of the other weapons if you're not focused on stealth gameplay.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
dangoball said:
I like myself some axe because of the balance between power and speed. I use mostly sword though, 'cause I conjure my weapon and I have yet to find bound 1h axe.
If you go to markarth and find the entrance to the underground palace thing, turn left once your inside and you'll find a bloke called calcino working near some dwarf ruins. He sells a tome for bound axe.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Sonicron said:
I stuck with a the mace/shield combo.
Of course, me being new to the TES franchise, I didn't know axes and swords made up for reduced damage with speed, so I just picked what looked best in the stats department; now that I do know, maybe I'll give the other variants a try, but I've kind of gotten attached to my mace... bashing someone's head in is just the kind of stupid, simple fun I prefer sometimes. ^^
Go to... Markarth? City furthest west. Close to the entrance is an abandoned house, a Vigil of Stendarr should be standing outside. Inside is the Daedric Prince Molag Bal, who after some questery will give you his mace. Thank me later. It isn't quite as good as a daedric one, at least I don't think so, but beyond that it's damn good. And the enchantment is incredibly helpful, probably even makes up for the slightly lower damage. Oh, and it's the mace of a Daedric Prince, I mean come on.
OT: I use a sword. Being a battle-mage, I'm not the type who wants to get in close and personal with the enemy. I need to be able to swing fast and get out of the way of the return swing. Freezing them up with frost spells helps with that. That said, as Sonicron here said, it can be hard to resist the satisfaction of just bashing someone in the head.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
My Dark Elf wields destruction in one hand and a sword in the other, my big ass heavy armour Nord does the 'ol sword and shield, and kicks arse with it, but my khajiit..... Heavy armour gauntlets, the fists of steel perk and a shit ton of enchantment make one hell of a hand to hand fighter. His claws are actually better than most swords of his level, the take downs are wonderfully brutal too.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Not really a warrior, more of an assassin. When I use a melee weapon, it's most often a dagger, utilizing the x15 (x2 from DB gloves) sneak attack bonus to one shot pretty much any target. If I go into actual melee though (relatively rare), I go with two swords.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
King of the Sandbox said:
As stated, this is an inquiry for those adventurers in Skyrim that prefer the use of visceral melee/weapon-based combat.

Which MELEE (which means close, individual combat) weapon type is your favorite, and why?

See, I started off with bows and magic, but now that I'm sufficiently experienced with those, I'm going to start improving my melee weapon skills and wanted some advice on which to chose. I'm thinking of dual axes for maximum viking powah, but I'm also partial to maces.

I'm also intrigued as to the ratio of said weapon types to players, so I'll try and include a poll. (Apologies if it gets eaten, of course.)
I always like swords anyway, but I think this game makes a good case for them.

I selected Great Sword, which is the fastest two-handed, but its still damned slow, its not untill you get very good at using it that you can kill Dragons.

But if I was using a shield, I'd pick sword because EVERYWHERE in this game is designed for a sword and shield, and several times you're given awesome one-handed swords.

So that's my choice.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
I only use two handed hammers. There's something about bashing in skulls that appeals to me.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Right now my Mage/Thief is rolling with dual enchanted axes. But that's just because they are the best weapons i've found so far. It looks pretty badass, i can't deny that though.