Poll: Forgot about Reach?

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
With the months of hype leading up to its release and the $200+ million advertising campaign from Microsoft, you would think that Halo: Reach would be the biggest and most significant launch of the year.

Well, it's been almost two months, and I haven't heard much about it lately. Everyone I know immediately moved on to New Vegas when that launched, and many are looking forward to Black Ops, leaving Reach as little more than an afterthought.

So yeah, is this an isolated incident (something that only I am seeing) or are you noticing the same thing? Is this blockbuster that is Halo already overshadowed by competing releases and their fanfare (Kinect, Call of Duty, etc.), or are you still playing Reach at every opportunity?

EDIT: Of course the poll would disappear. The options were basically "It's still my main game at the moment," "I play it occasionally for the MP, but I'm playing other games as well," and "I've moved on entirely."

skennedy929

Aug 25, 2010
I'm a long-time Halo fan and Reach will be the 360 game I played the least of.

It's old, boring, and more or less the same game I've been playing since Halo 2.

aSoundJedi

Oct 31, 2010
It's just Halo 3 with framerate issues. And this is coming from someone who's loved the series since the first game came out.

Lord Honk

Mar 24, 2009
Pretty much didn't care that much for it since I don't own a 360 and halo3 isn't released for PC :( But a lot of people who I know who've played it seem to have moved on faster than I would have expected judging from their pre-launch excitement xD

TheEvilJester

Nov 18, 2009
I still play Muliplayer. Honestly though, I'm waiting to kill zombies with John F Kennedy. I'm sorry if that makes me some generic shooter loving prick but fuck it. Zombie mode is damn fun.

Anton P. Nym

Sep 18, 2007
I've already played more time in Reach multiplayer than I did in Halo 3 over the past three years. I'm going to hit Lt. Colonel this weekend, I've spent so much time with it. I think it's the best of the series as far as gameplay goes, and it's certainly the best graphically.

It's also still immensely popular, seeing how over 117 million Daily (4/day) and Weekly (1/week) Challenges have been completed by players since launch.

-- Steve

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
It's not that it didn't hold my attention, it is just that more games came along that I wanted and bought, like Castlevania: LoS, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2, and Fable 3.

Even though I hadn't played it in awhile, I did play it last night and owned in 4 on 4 matchmaking with two of my friends. I'm actually not that good at Halo, and last night we won ever match and I always had the most kills with at least 16 to 20 kills.

I don't know, I guess I was just having a lucky night,

Ridgemo

Feb 2, 2010
Theres only so much you can say about a good game before threads start repeating. Now i'm not saying everyone finds it a good game, alot of people arn't into Halo, whilst others love to bash on it because it's Halo. But threads are more likely to be generated when a game is terrible/has bad glitches that ruin the game. Look at New Vegas, that had tonnes of threads ranging i'm sure from how good the game was, to how broken it was. Modern Warfare 2 is also another example of a game that people love to bash on because of how broken the multiplayer was.

To be honest, it hardly matters. If people did continue to make threads about Halo Reach then all the haters would be straight on it bashing it to kingdom come. Just look out for the next game that your looking forward to and let the people that enjoy Reach play it, which i sure they are.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Since I brought Fallout and Fable on their release days and am planning to buy CoD on release day too. I really haven't got time to play much Halo. I'll probably go back to it once CoD degenerates into a campfest/glitchfest/FUCKING NOOBTUBEfest.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
I play it from time to time, but as I don't have Live access, the novelty's worn off.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Every Halo game has been like that to me. Reach isn't very special anyway, and had much more hype than it deserved. Also, the things they fixed in the multiplayer piss me off. (Remember that multiplayer map with the lift that takes you into space? Well, now it gives you the ten second warning. That was the ONLY good part of the map.)

Apr 28, 2008
Its the only game I've been playing in my 360. I love it personally. Others may not, but whatever thats fine.

With more games coming out, like Black Ops, it should hopefully take more of the crappy community away from Reach. I'm not buying another Call of Duty and I'm waiting a couple months until I get New Vegas and Fable 3(so they are patched to an actual stable state. Hopefully).

Its the only game I've really been playing lately actually. Well that and Kirby's Epic Yarn.

I've been playing those two games. They're fun.

If you don't like it much and have moved on, thats fine, hope your having fun. I'm still enjoying myself :D

Man I love this game.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
The Wykydtron said:
Since I brought Fallout and Fable on their release days and am planning to buy CoD on release day too. I really haven't got time to play much Halo. I'll probably go back to it once CoD degenerates into a campfest/glitchfest/FUCKING NOOBTUBEfest.
Treyarch has ironed out a lot of the problems, so glitches shouldnt be much of a issue and will be patched if there are any, and all the sucky stuff from MW2 is friggin nuked, no more unbalanced perks and weapons, more options and of course zombies.

Noobtubes will be hardly used, you can ONLY ever have 2 shots and there is no explosive damage boosting perks like danger close, and they are the most expensive attachment in the game, you can buy two assault rifles with the money it takes to get a 'nade launcher.

I dont think camping ever mattered much in the entire series, save for MW2, seeing as if some dude is sniping in the watchtower you can just shoot him and HE ACTUALLY DIES MAN. None of this OP weapon and tons o health bullshit.

If someone grabs the sniper rifle and camps the highest point of the map in Halo, thats it, your done for.
Thats one of the reasons why I've gone off Halo, the campaign is terrible and repetitive and multiplayer just has this messed up approach to gameplay along with some just plain crappy stuff.
An idiot can be a king in that game. (thats why its so popular)
Spawn next to the shotgun/sword/sniper rifle? Woo! You win!
And thats how it is every single time, the game is so very dependant on luck, like I personally dont give a shit about skill and all that crap but when the victor of the match is again and again determined by spawns and luck and the game lags so much no one at all can even respawn you stop having fun.
I'm not bad at Halo, I got like 2500 deaths 4000 kills or something and I still play it every now and then, but most of the time I just hate it so very much and I only play it for lack of anything else.
Maybe its the portion of the community saying Halo is everything thats its not that pisses me off, like it created FPS.

Also, most people I know who have the game only play it every now and then for the challenges, then go play Call of Duty, Fable or New Vegas.

Aug 1, 2010
I lost several months of my life to Fallout 3, so when New Vegas came out I was pretty much obligated to play it non-stop, but once I get bored with it, Reach is the only game I am going to want to play since I have no interest in Black-Ops.