Poll: Freddy Krueger as the fourth dlc kombatant in MK9, yay or nay?

jackpackage200

Jul 4, 2011
Im gonna say yay because the last 3 kombatants were almost clones. Freddy could be interesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8poudC2Y_Fs

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
It seems unlikely that they could get the licensing for this.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Freddy, but it's interesting to think how they could incorporate him into the game. Perhaps a teleportation-heavy combatant?

hverhey

Feb 6, 2011
I don't know what to think about this. I'll say yay but still kinda took me by surprise, should be interesting.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Yay or nay? Is "nyan" an answer?

Silliness aside, I'm unsure but leaning towards nay. At the very least, I don't think I'll download him like the others.

r0kle0nZ

Apr 2, 2011
My answer is. . . What?

Like seriously. . . what?

Seen the trailer, at least they took his best aspects and applied them correctly

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
Even as a purist of MK, this I can get behind. It's an optional character download, but given Freddy's history, he fits right into the MK world.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
AgentBJ09 said:
Even as a purist of MK, this I can get behind. It's an optional character download, but given Freddy's history, he fits right into the MK world.
I don't agree, and you'll forgive me be saying so, as I think I have a good reason in mind. Freddy Kruger exists to torment the minds - and maybe later the bodies - of his victims. For what reason would he have to bother with hardcore fighters, people less likely to feel terrorized because they rip people apart for a living? Those who have courage and strength are, in fact, Freddy's bain.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
No
I really don't think that Freddy Krueger would be a good 4th DLC character.
there are still other Mortal Kombat characters who didn't make an appearance
I would rather see
Master Bo' Rai Cho
Shujinko
Darrius
Hotaru

I would rather see that than have netherrealm studios have to pay a bunch of money to license that character

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
[HEADING=1]It's spelled Yea, for fuck's sake![/HEADING]
...sorry.

OT: He would make about as much sense as Kratos, which is to say very little, but what the hell. Yea.

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
The trailer looked great, but there's something weird about seeing a character as "realistic" as Freddy in an MK game. His character design makes him stick out horribly.

I'll probably get him regardless, and I'll probably love whatever costumes they give away in the compatibility DLC. I can't pass up the DLC characters for that game. They add more to an already great game.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
FalloutJack said:
AgentBJ09 said:
I don't agree, and you'll forgive me be saying so, as I think I have a good reason in mind. Freddy Kruger exists to torment the minds - and maybe later the bodies - of his victims. For what reason would he have to bother with hardcore fighters, people less likely to feel terrorized because they rip people apart for a living? Those who have courage and strength are, in fact, Freddy's bain.
Like I said, he is optional, so you don't have to get him. Unlike Kratos where he's on the disk anyway.

As for those people not being afraid, given the world of MK, I very much doubt no one feels any fear at all. Sure, you can laugh off some nasty things, or try and hide fear with a smile or a scowl, but given some of the events from MK1 to 3, and even beyond, some of those people were certainly afraid in some capacity.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
Hungry Donner said:
Woops.

I thought this was a "what if" scenario, it's cool that they actually got the rights to use him.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
AgentBJ09 said:
FalloutJack said:
AgentBJ09 said:
Like I said, he is optional, so you don't have to get him. Unlike Kratos where he's on the disk anyway.

As for those people not being afraid, given the world of MK, I very much doubt no one feels any fear at all. Sure, you can laugh off some nasty things, or try and hide fear with a smile or a scowl, but given some of the events from MK1 to 3, and even beyond, some of those people were certainly afraid in some capacity.
Yeah, I dunno what the fuck Kratos is doing there. As for fear, you've gotta understand that I mean the actual fear and ability to play on fear has gone down to the toilet. People have gone from fighting because holy shit he launches a spear from his hand to being King Leonidas and fighting because the shit needs to be taken care of. It is not fear that drives them, but a waryness of things.

So really, I can't justify the Fred-man because Mortal Kombat characters wouldn't be his tea and biscuits. If he had a choice between them and a load of normal people, the normal people would be more appealing than booze and cigarettes. MK characters are his equivalent of eating his vegetables, and I mean the ones that don't have that much nutritional value.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I can't help but feel his fatalies are a lil tame, compared to how over the top the other ones are, although the 'pull em down - fountain of gore' thing is a nice throwback to the first movie.

He did seem to work well as a fighter tho, seems to fit right in.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Hungry Donner said:
Why? Warner Bros. owns and publishes Mortal Kombat, and they own Freddy Kruger. Seems pretty plausible to me.

Bearsheep

A War With The Sun
Oct 9, 2009
When I first started watching the video I thought it was a joke. After realizing it was legitimate I couldn't believe they are going to add him, A previous poster talked about how they could have used other people from the MK universe and I think that is the right way to go.

Gashlycrumb

Jul 22, 2011
I was just thinking to myself the other day, "Hey self! What I believe the Mortal Kombat franchise needs are batshit genre stretching crossover characters from 80's horror films such as a child murdering pedophile whose face looks like charred headcheese, who can't PHYSICALLY attack his enemies unless they happen to be taking a nap, and who regurgitates more corny puns per minute than three Arnold Schwarzenegger movies playing on three separate televisions simultaneously."

...I then came to the logical conclusion that the leprechaun what's made his nest in my brain meats was probably just huffing krylon and air plane glue again, because Freddy Kreuger in Mortal Kombat would be completely retarded.