Poll: Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire. Whose banner do you follow?

malmodir

Jul 12, 2010
Baelish.... well.... I don't want to spoil anything. So I only say this: Littlefinger is one of the most interesting characters and certainly the most surprising one. At least for me at one point during the plot. I hope he will be one of the great winners in the end. Not king of course.... and I don't think he is after that position.

ToxicOranges

Aug 7, 2010
Tagaryens.

Do NOT click on this spoiler if you dont want serious spoilers. I MEAN it.

The Tagaryens (excluding Aegon the Mad, I think thats his name) were a nice enough bunch, before the Baratheons fucked everything up.
Daenerys is a lovely character, the Starks are all dead, and the Lannisters, excluding Tyrion, are a bunch of pitiful whelps.
Also, Daenerys has dragons, so yeah. Tagaryens!

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
Targaryen. Because Dragons and recently, a certain blonde person.

And for those that picked Stark....woithout spoiling muc, I'll leave these two words for you. Red Wedding.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
Valar Morghulis bitches!

I guess that means I support Stark, but only becuase of Arya. Can't wait till she comes back to fuck everyones shit up.

Though Danaerys should become the ruler of the Iron Throne.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
Other: The house of: that's an awful series. Seriously, who wants to put themselves into that world of total depression and destruction where nothing good ever happens. To anyone. Ever.

Estoki

May 25, 2010
The amount of Stark in this thread is sickening.

Lannister! Lannister!

Lord Merik

May 17, 2011
The Targaryens are the rightful rulers. For 200 years they ruled. They will rule again!

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Targaryen or Stark. Targeryen because dragons are awesome, Starks because 'Winter is coming' is incredibly badass as a tagline. Also both of those houses have a few characters I'm sympathetic toward, whereas most of the other houses are mostly filled with complete bastards.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
The Targaryens, before the Red Wedding Robb was probably the best choice for the Iron Throne, but right not (I'm about 1/4th the way through Feast of Crows) being a Wolf supporter isn't a very tenable position, so I'm going with the Dragon.
Aside from Robb, and Stannis, Dany seems to be the only one who gives a golden shit about being a just ruler. But Stannis is little more then Melisandre's puppet and nothing good can possibly come from this woman.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
spartan231490 said:
Other: The house of: that's an awful series. Seriously, who wants to put themselves into that world of total depression and destruction where nothing good ever happens. To anyone. Ever.
Says the guy who enjoys the absolute trash that is the Sword of Truth series... Goodkind is shit GRRM is awesome, stay mad.

Smiley Face said:
As for my house, I'm amazed that no-one has picked my favourite so far. House BAELISH.
Petyr is in the major leagues of people playing the great game, enough that it could be argued he's at the top, tied or not - and he's also got the most class.

He stays out of the eye of the other big players, and every time he shows up, it's with a major win. 1st is the whole Stark thing. Then he's sent as envoy to Renly's gang, as such avoiding all the chaos of Joffrey's reign, and at the 11th hour, Renly's crew saves the day at King's Landing. Then he gets the seat of Harrenhal (or something), uses it to court Lysa, secure more power, comes back for Joffrey's wedding, and then pulls all those coups at the Vale. He hasn't made a wrong step yet.

He's got style. He's polite, but he will stab you in the back in the most efficient way possible if you are in his way. Yeah, some people aren't going to like him for that, but you have to admire the skill with which he goes about it. Moreover, I honestly believe that if Ned Stark had been more rational or competent, willing to go ahead with his plan - secure Joffrey, and act as regent - he wouldn't necessarily have backstabbed him, Brandon Stark or no. But instead, Ned insisted on the 'honourable' path of just shouting 'STANNIS FOR KING' and leaving a localized power vacuum and serious legitimacy problems. WHY would Littlefinger allow that to happen?

And yet, I feel because of the whole Sansa thing, he'll eventually make a mistake, put himself in a vulnerable position, and get delayed karmic payback. And I don't want that to happen, he's played too well, and he isn't really a BAD guy on the level that more than half the other characters are.
Petyr isn't that good at the game, he is simply lucky as hell. Sure, he has made himself seem weak and possibly trustworthy, but ultimately, it comes down to luck. For example, Ned trusted him, sure it was because Ned seemed to have a death wish (Lawful stupid people tend to have one), but he was only trusted because Cat came to Kings Landing to talk to Ned, that was something that Littlefinger couldn't have counted on. Varys is an infinitely better player than Littlefinger.

iwinatlife

Aug 21, 2008
More Baelish! He has outlived quite a few kings now not to mention other leaders and is the only one who is reliably better off at the end of each book

Joeaverage86

Dec 25, 2011
I like Stark the best because you kind of get the idea that they would be the first to get their acts together and do something other than ***** at the other houses about the crown when the badness on the other side of the wall comes knocking.

Unfortunately since reading the books though that is becoming less and less likely with each chapter but I won't elaborate since it might spoil to the story for someone else.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
Blablahb said:
malmodir said:
Baelish.... well.... I don't want to spoil anything. So I only say this: Littlefinger is one of the most interesting characters and certainly the most surprising one.
Not sure how it plays out because I've only seen the television series, but:
First tell someone you can't be trusted, warn them that betrayal is everywhere, applaud them for not trusting you, get trusted anyway, and then betray them. And on top of that betray them by bribing the city guard you warned the one you're betraying can't afford to have against him. It's not very nice, but full of win.
Because he has style - and
he's shaping up to be one of the major power players...
personally still Starks
what's left of them
Or Targaryen but
I think with the new 'addition' to this house there's going to be some powerplay, depending on who comes out on top and rules may make it turn from a caring nice house to another tyrannical bunch of goiks - we need the next book, soon please!

And it's so hard to not spoiler anything to those who haven't read the books....

Luke3184

Jun 4, 2011
launchpadmcqwak said:
Luke3184 said:
launchpadmcqwak said:
all i can say is FUCK GEOFFREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Geoffrey? I have yet to come across this character.....
whatever the little shits name is...
Joffrey, I'm guessing you haven't read the books.... Seriously, read them. The series is good the books are a hundred times better.