Poll: Game-related clothing - Do you wear any?

oldMcDouche

Mar 30, 2009
i have that FC2 t-shirt that came with the CE. back then i used to wear it but i really should do it too now cause its really comfi!

The_Decoy

Nov 22, 2009
I've got a "SCIENCE: It works, bitches." XKCD top, that's about as geeky as I get. Wear it to uni and people come up and speak to me :D

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
I have a Space Invaders, 'Get a Life' with a 1Up mushroom on it, Luigi's Mansion, another 1Up mushroom shirt, Mario Kart, Pac-Man and 'Eat, Sleep and Wii'...

I buy them if I see them cheap, generally. And I wear them with the proud knowledge that I am a nerd.

...The Luigi's Mansion and the other 1Up mushroom were over priced cheap iron ons I got off of eBay, and I didn't realise they were cheapy iron ons until I got them, so I'm probably going to paint something else (likely game related) onto them when 1) the iron on completely comes off or 2) I can actually be arsed to iron them off.

Azalin137

Apr 14, 2010
I have lots of shirts and boxers that are game related

I usually wear my PS3 boxers and a MW2 T shirt when I play

Karathos

May 10, 2009
Combat boots and metro-camo trousers? <.<

Dunno. Probably been in more than a few wargames!

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
The closest thing I have to game related clothes are 2 T-shirts that read, "Achievement unlocked Left the House" and "When in doubt, throw another grenade."

AntiAntagonist

Neither good or bad
Apr 17, 2008
Didn't vote. No option to say "If it's tasteful, yes"

T-shirts and a lot of other gamer paraphernalia make statements about the wearer. If the clothing just spouts off a logo or name without good design or thought it looks trashy.

For instance- I've been thinking about getting a Tri-Force pin or cufflinks; such an option avoids banging the viewer over the head, but still communicates the same sub-culture familiarity.

Dr. Paine

Oct 26, 2009
Portal 'speedy things' shirt. (I also have an Aperture Science coffee mug... that does get used, mainly for water or pop. I don't drink coffee.)

Aunel

May 9, 2008
CargoHold said:
Aunel said:
OMG GULR GAMER I LOVEZ YOUZ

sorry 'bout that, I'm a bit starved for attention today.

OT: sure, if I get a free shirt out of it, I'd wear it, although I would prefer a shirt with a bass on it, and "real men use 4 strings"

[small]and a picture of a ukelele on the back[/small]
Yes yes and yes. I used to play a bass, so yes.
Aw, poor attention-starved critter. *Gives attention*
thank you :D

and used to play bass, you don't stop playing bass damnit

(well at least in my case it's more OCD than anything else)

Faraldd

Apr 14, 2010
Layzor said:
No, wearing a gaming shirt would be most uncool.
You said it, I would never wear any gaming clothes, somehow tells other people that you're kind of nerd and would kill the rep, at least in my circles. (No offence really, I personally don't think so on some clothing, but some are uh, "nerdy")

Xeros

Aug 13, 2008
Yes, I have a bunch of clothing with various logos of developers/in-game symbols, and I'm in the process of getting an Organization XIII trenchcoat.

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
Yes, because it has an awesome big picture of a goblin on the back, and the link to the game is obscure. In fact, that's how I'd like my gaming clothing: good looking; not a blatant advert.

Silver_Shade

Mar 3, 2010
Most of my nerdy shirts are D&D related, though I have one Warcraft one that I wear on a regular basis. The only one that might seem attention starved is this one:

Because I always get compliments when I wear it, but it's also my favorite, so I don't much care. I'm alright with being uncool.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I only have two.
A Mario t-shirt and a Bullet-Bill t-shirt.
[sub]In case anyone's wondering, yes, I do wear them.[/sub]