Poll: Gamer by day, or gamer by night?

de5gravity

Apr 18, 2011
I have this thing called college during the day, (even tho right now it's summer but still) so night for me.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'm on most of the time, really. Yeah, I'm one of those shut-ins.
I tend to game more towards the evening though, since people are either using the TV in the day or the internet's freaking out at peak times. And no one likes avoidable lag.

Nov 28, 2010
Usually night, as I have school and such during the day. When it comes to the summer though (as it is now) I'll game whenever I feel like it, sometimes even all day and night. Whilst some people have said gaming at night does things such as improving the atmosphere of a game, I do so mostly for a more practical reason: avoiding glare. My PC sits beneath and in front of a window in the attic so I tend to catch the sun on it a lot if I play during the day *sadface*

rmb1983

I am the storm.
Mar 29, 2011
JWRosser said:
I do whatever. If I'm out in the day, I'll play at night; if I'm out at night, I'll play in the day...
This, right here.

I work at night, and generally need a couple of hours to unwind, so I typically play a bit at night, then some in the daytime before work (unless I have other things to do; plans, errands, etc). Each has their pros and cons. I enjoy playing at night because of the atmosphere it creates when you hunker down for a great game (scary or not) with the lights off, but I also like playing in the daytime, because I can crank the surround and not worry about waking roomates.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
In most cases I don't really care whether it's night or day but because of school, homework and other things, I end up gaming mostly at night but at weekends I generally play when the sun is still shining. There are of course also special cases like when I played Amnesia. To get the full experience of that game, I only played it when it was really late and dark.

bitCrusher

Jul 3, 2011
I usually game at night. fewer interruptions that way, and I really really don't like getting interrupted.

franconbean

Apr 30, 2011
All the time is not an option? wuuuut? D:.
I guess i do most of my gaming at night though.