Poll: Gamers Over 30 Are ?Weird?

MrStab

New member
Mar 24, 2011
237
0
0
Well, considering it was my dad who got me into gaming in the first place who is well over 30 and still games now I'm definitley going to have to say no that and I plan on gaming still when I'm that age and above.
 

Biosophilogical

New member
Jul 8, 2009
3,264
0
0
Rednog said:
I really care about the videogame opinions of people who have never touched a videogame....
I find it weird that people bother listening to 2 uneducated twats who sit in a glass studio all day who pander to the middle aged homemaker (aka talking about nothing important at all).
Your avatar's strut is eerily appropriate and humourous.

OT: I agree with Rednog and bestow upon him the sacred '/thread'.
 

DementedSheep

New member
Jan 8, 2010
2,654
0
0
Do you hit a certain age and then get too old for books, movies, music or any other leisure activity?
 

William Fleming

New member
Mar 6, 2011
218
0
0
Urge... To kill... RISING... WTF!!!

Video games are just a form of entertainment and media like movies, TV and music so do people over 30 who watch TV or listen to music weird too? I don't care if games are art or not but lets just get this clear, VIDEO GAMES ARE A TYPE OF MEDIA JUST LIKE MUSIC, MOVIES, TV, RADIO, NEWSPAPERS AND BOOKS!!! (not too sure about the last one but there is publishing media)
 

FISHFINGERS

New member
May 26, 2008
71
0
0
Of course gamers over 30 aren't weird. They are the majority of gamers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8206163.stm

Edit: after re-reading, the range of the survey is 19 to 90 so over 30's are probably not the majority of gamers. But 45% of those surveyed played video games, so playing games at any age is still not uncommon.
 

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
6,157
0
0
Well I'm 30 next year. :( But it makes it okay if I'm female right? RIGHT?

[small]It probably makes it worse doesn't it...[/small]

But seriously video games are the biggest entertainment industry in the world and we aren't supposed to like it? Sigh.
 

Jamboxdotcom

New member
Nov 3, 2010
1,276
0
0
And this is why i hate the label "gamer". It implies, and morons like those guys infer, that we have no other interests. Imagine if they made up a group name for people who enjoy a certain food. "Oh, you're a PB&Jer! You only eat peanut butter and jelly!"

For the record: almost 31, and i love video games. They're just not the only thing i love.
 

wastedcharlie

New member
Jan 14, 2010
4
0
0
Gaming at any age is fine by me. I'm 31 and I still love to play computer games. You can play TF2 with your great-granddad in the carehome if you like, but over 10's playing Mario is weird.
Also, playing on a NES for more than 5 minutes of retro is weird, even for those too young to enjoy it the first time out.

Not that there's anything wrong with being weird. If you're cool doing these things you'd better be cool with the reputation it carries.
 

LobsterFeng

New member
Apr 10, 2011
1,766
0
0
Jamboxdotcom said:
And this is why i hate the label "gamer". It implies, and morons like those guys infer, that we have no other interests. Imagine if they made up a group name for people who enjoy a certain food. "Oh, you're a PB&Jer! You only eat peanut butter and jelly!"
Exactly. Like ExtraCredits pointed out, we don't call people that read books "bookers".
 

IamQ

New member
Mar 29, 2009
5,226
0
0
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Well I'm 30 next year. :( But it makes it okay if I'm female right? RIGHT?

[small]It probably makes it worse doesn't it...[/small]

But seriously video games are the biggest entertainment industry in the world and we aren't supposed to like it? Sigh.
Female? That makes it awful! You should be out shopping, gossiping about celeberties and exploiting men at bars! Don't you understand? That is what a normal and healthy life looks like!
 

inFAMOUSCowZ

New member
Jul 12, 2010
1,586
0
0
I plan on playing video games until I die honestly. If people can watch movies all the time dammit I can play games whenever.
 

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
6,157
0
0
IamQ said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Well I'm 30 next year. :( But it makes it okay if I'm female right? RIGHT?

[small]It probably makes it worse doesn't it...[/small]

But seriously video games are the biggest entertainment industry in the world and we aren't supposed to like it? Sigh.
Female? That makes it awful! You should be out shopping, gossiping about celeberties and exploiting men at bars! Don't you understand? That is what a normal and healthy life looks like!
I tried to watch xfactor once.

Does that count?
 

Sixties Spidey

New member
Jan 24, 2008
3,299
0
0
Yeah, that's right. Let's trust the opinion of a bunch of overpaid and uneducated leathery shrews about our hobby. Yeah, you know what else is weird? The copious amounts of shit that these two cunts inject into their faces.
 

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
6,150
0
0
AbstractStream said:
Nah, I don't think gamers over 30 are weird. Heck, I'm pretty sure I'll still be a gamer when I'm 30 (AND BEYOND!!!)

Anyone who says otherwise...well THEY'RE weird then!
Their face is weird! :p

OT: Sigh...

Awful lot of trolls out today. I've been on for about ten minutes today and I've already seen two troll topics, as well as those three heathens.
 

IamQ

New member
Mar 29, 2009
5,226
0
0
xXxJessicaxXx said:
IamQ said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
Well I'm 30 next year. :( But it makes it okay if I'm female right? RIGHT?

[small]It probably makes it worse doesn't it...[/small]

But seriously video games are the biggest entertainment industry in the world and we aren't supposed to like it? Sigh.
Female? That makes it awful! You should be out shopping, gossiping about celeberties and exploiting men at bars! Don't you understand? That is what a normal and healthy life looks like!
I tried to watch xfactor once.

Does that count?
It's an improvement, young one (Ignoring the fact that you're 12 years older than me), but you have more to learn on your path ahead.
 

Hagi

New member
Apr 10, 2011
2,741
0
0
Who cares?

If I tell you I don't know any truck-drivers and have only heard about truck-drivers once or twice but think truck-drivers are weird would you even listen to me?

They're just people. Anyone smart enough to matter won't take them seriously. Anyone stupid enough to actually listen to them doesn't matter anyway.
 

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
2,871
0
0
Older people who play games are usually awesome and funny. Oldest gamer is around 85.
 

SpaceBat

New member
Jul 9, 2011
743
0
0
That had to be the most retarded video I have ever seen. It's right up there with Mass Erect hardcore alien pornography on the sexbox 360 bullshit. Seriously, the world is full of ignorant morons like this, so don't take it too seriously.

I'll be playing games until the day I die.