Poll: Games so good, you own on more than one console

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Rayman: Origins - Ps3 and Vita

Fallout 3: Goty - Ps3 and 360

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - N64 and GC

Paper Mario -N64 and Wii

Persona 3 - All 3 versions, Original for Ps2, FES for Ps2 and Ps3, and P3P for PSP

Persona 4 - 3 copies on PS2, just in case one breaks. Or if I need to convert someone to the series.

That's it, really.

Apr 28, 2008
I own Timesplitters 2 and 3 on the PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox. I'd buy Timeplitters 1 for the Gamecube and Xbox, but it's a PS2 exclusive.

Love Timesplitters. So, so much.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
I own Assassin's Creed on 360 and PC. Never play it on PC though, I just bought it on there because I was dying to play it and at that point I didn't have a 360.

Actually now I think of it, I've bought Assassin's Creed 4 times now. Once on PC, again on 360. Then I sold that. Then I bought it again. Then I sold it. And finally bought it again.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
The only game I own that could count is Mass Effect, and I only got it on the PC because I hate the controls on the 360 when it comes to combat, not because I needed to own it twice.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
I can only think of two. Final Fantasy Tactics and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Both re-bought on PSP. I *nearly* re-bought Borderlands for the PC before Diablo 3 came out, but then I reinstalled Diablo 2 instead.

Actually, looking up at my game shelf, I, for some reason, have a PS2 copy of Deus Ex. This, I do not understand.

mgirl

Mar 29, 2011
I own a few games twice, after I switched from console gaming to PC gaming. The Left 4 Dead games, The Orange Box, and Batman Arkham Asylum are the ones that I can think of without checking. I probably never would have got the valve ones again if it weren't for steam sales mind.

I guess it's not quite the same though, I bought new ones when I switched to PC so I could play good games on my preferred platform. I can't say I see the point in buying something for both the 360 and the ps3, would there be any difference?

Nuclear_Suspect

Jun 1, 2010
All I have one more than one system is Portal 2, and only because the PS3 version had a PC code as well.

I do however have 3-4 copies of Warcraft 3+tft, kept getting them mixed up with my mates copies and covers being forgotten at eachothers.

Gylukios

The Red Comet
Dec 3, 2008
Plenty. A few of them were games I bought on sale to try them out, but later purchased them on another system full price because I was so impressed.

Defense Grid: The Awakening - It's been 3.5 years, and I still can't stop playing this game. I hope it's released on PS3 someday so I can buy it again.
Portal
Dragon Age Origins
Torchlight

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Not at the same time but I've owned the same game on multiple consoles before. For example the first time I played Arkham Asylum was on PS3 then when I beat it I sold it. When I felt like playing it again I bought it on 360 as I figured I may as well get some achievements while I'm at it.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Yes - Dragon Age Origins for PS3 and PC.
I bought the PC version off a steam sale because I didn't have Awakening and it was cheaper to get the bundle discount than to buy the game standalone for PS3.

Gaming is an expensive hobby. I can't afford to buy 2+ copies of a game just because I like it.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
I have Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut on both PC and GameCube. I've also got two PC copies of Sonic 3D Blast!
Not to mention, Sonic Mega Collection: Plus!

I also own both Half-Life (on disk) and Half-Life: Source (on Steam).

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I have ME1 + ME2 on both 360 and PC. Bought them again during a steam sale to see how much better ME1 PC is than the 360 version. Hint: it's a LOT better.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I've done it with quite a few games, most I probably won't really be able to remember, so I'll pick the ones I can get off the top of my head.

PS3 and PC:
Sonic Generations
Batman: Arkham Asylum/City
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Crysis 2
Mass Effect 2/3
Bioshock
-------------------------------
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - Gamecube and PC
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy - PC and Xbox
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers & Return of the King - Xbox and Gamecube
Star Wars: KotOR & KotOR II - Xbox and PC
Shadow of the Colossus - PS2 and PS3

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
MGS HD meant I had double copies (I already had owned the original Snake Eater as well, so make that 3 copies of the third one. Funny, since it's my least favorite.)

I own the Playstation trilogy of Final Fantasy games both on hard copy and through PSN.

I (unfortunately) own Tales of Phantasia for GBA, and I also have the ROMs for both the SNES and Playstation versions (far more fortunate).

OldDirtyCrusty

Mar 12, 2012
After my xbox died i bought GTA4 and Saints Row2 again. I bought the god of warHD collection too, if that counts.

ChaosStep

Dec 28, 2007
Resident Evil 4 on GC, PS2, WII, 360 (pal download) and PS3 (Jap disc)

Broken Sword on PC, iOS, GBA, DS and PS1

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
yes.

i own Borderlands on Mac and 360, but that's by accident more than anything else. i thought i sold it, but i wanted to play it so i bought it for my computer. i came home a few months later and saw it on my bookshelf. i prefer it on my computer, though, because it came with all the dlc.

i also own Minecraft for computer and 360. i wanted to play with my friends, who have it for 360 but not their computers.