Poll: Gate Or Trek

hellicrination

Nov 16, 2010
Hi, i recently signed up, i have been reading posts for a while and thought it was time when i read an article about WARS vs TREK. the better comparison would be GATE vs TREK. in case your wondering i mean Stargate (in it's entirety sg-1 and atlantis ) vs Star trek (in all its forms, deep space nine etc)

Whitenail

Sep 28, 2010
I'm the only person who's voted for Star Trek so far?!

I prefer star trek, I've seen snippets of stargate and I'm not interested enough to watch a full episode. Star Trek on the other hand, I absolutely love the original series, plus you've gotta give it credit for paving the way for things like Firefly and subsequently Sttargate.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
This is actually a fair comparison, unlike Trek Vs. Wars. Unfortunately, I haven't watched enough of any Stargate series to be able to make a fair comparison, although what I have seen puts Star Trek in the lead. For what it's worth, I didn't really discover Stargate until I watched the original film. Unfortunately, I did that during the last season of SG1, which was a really bad point to jump into the series. Long story short, I'm not voting in the poll for this one, because having watched as little Stargate as I have, voting for Star Trek would just make me a fanboy.

[sub]I did really like the Stargate movie -- it was a solid Sci-Fi flick, and I recommend it to any fan of the genre.[/sub]

Edit: I need to stop posting while sleep deprived. This post looks like it was written by the department of redundancies department.

drunkirishman

Oct 6, 2009
I'll say the same thing that i did to the Trek vs Star Wars thing, Why cant they both just be equally awesome?

DuctTapeJedi

Nov 2, 2010
My allegiances lie with 'Wars.' And they always will, no matter how much George Lucas abuses us.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
Battlestar Galactica (the newer series) beats them both. I love that show.

Anyways, I voted for Star Trek because it has William Shatner and Sir Patrick Stewart.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
Trek. My biggest problem with new sci-fi TV shows is they never have any fun with it. Star Trek (TNG and Kirk flavors) always seems like its having a lot of fun with each episode, while not descending into Doctor Who levels of silliness.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
drunkirishman said:
I'll say the same thing that i did to the Trek vs Star Wars thing, Why cant they both just be equally awesome?
They can if you want. I still prefer Stargate, though at least Trek's had better spin offs.

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
As a history nerd i love the concept of Stargate, until it started sucking. Overall TOS is the better show, but I still love you Daniel Jackson! no matter how many times michael shanks your character

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
BloodSquirrel said:
AcacianLeaves said:
BloodSquirrel said:
This poll needs a 40k option. Badly.
Yeah, what with all those 40k TV shows and movies that we can compare it with...
I heard this rumor that there were forms of storytelling other than movies and TV.
The OP is clearly attempting to compare TV shows. Otherwise this poll would need about a billion other options.