Poll: Ghostly museum image caught on film

spiral knight

May 19, 2009
I really wish the picture was bigger, it's so small that it's hard to tell what it is you are actually looking at. But From experience from working with film all day long with prints, especially Panos. Shadows can sometimes be pulled into the foreground of the picture causing weird shapes to appear.

Jepix

Mar 26, 2009
Could be real, could be photoshoped.
I'm all about probability.
What's the probability for a supernatural afterlife, compared to a museum that pays a photographer to shoop his pics. Hmm-hmmm

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Rajin Cajun said:
bloodmage2 said:
ive used an image magnifing program i have, and i looks almost human, the head is odd, but i can make out a shoe, legs, torso, and get this, its not male, i can make out protruding breasts
Yeah I call bullshit.
Your right. Call me a total skeptic. Humans are pattern matching, and pattern finding animals. It is even part of intelligence tests, how fast and how accurately you can find patterns. You notice it with "Satan in the explosion" articles. Most people think they are doctored, and to some extent might be (to make the features more noticeable), but origional image was taken and someone said "hey that looks like a dude with horns."

It is the same here. I bet I could point out a swinging dong in the picture and at least one person would say, "You know what, I see that now"

Think clouds in the sky, did that one really look like a bunny to you before or after you girlfriend said it?

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
xxDarlenexx said:
well with the picture being that small it's hard to tell.

I do believe in ghosts, but i'm also extremely skeptical. I don't think every ya-hoo who hears a bump in the night is being haunted. But if I see something that seems to defy explanation than I am more than willing to believe that yes, it could be a ghost.

I guess if have to boil it down I would be a 'Cautious Believer'
this^

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
I clicked fake, but I think that it is just a trick of the light not a doctored photo.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
Moormur said:
I love that it won't even let you click on the picture to examine it at a size any larger than thumbnail size.
Ya. It's rather lame.

Obvious fake is obvious.
But that could simply because I don't believe in ghosts.

Trick of the light? Bad photoshop? I'm not sure, but not real...

Crazy Elf

Aug 25, 2008
I've seen this sort of thing come out in film before from people that had no capacity to forge such images. I've no doubt that many of these images are real, as the vast majority of them don't end up hitting the press.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
manaman said:
Your right. Call me a total skeptic. Humans are pattern matching, and pattern finding animals. It is even part of intelligence tests, how fast and how accurately you can find patterns. You notice it with "Satan in the explosion" articles. Most people think they are doctored, and to some extent might be (to make the features more noticeable), but origional image was taken and someone said "hey that looks like a dude with horns."

It is the same here. I bet I could point out a swinging dong in the picture and at least one person would say, "You know what, I see that now"

Think clouds in the sky, did that one really look like a bunny to you before or after you girlfriend said it?
I agree.
Personally, when I look at the floor on the image on the left, I see two fish in a river. The river going vertically.

And in the image on the right, I see a rocking horse!