Poll: Girls Don't Like Assholes.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
A friend of mine had a pretty insightful quote about this issue: "Girls don't necessarily like jerks. They want a nice guy. They just don't want a pussy, 'cause they already have one."

Apr 24, 2008
370999 said:
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
There's a film about what women want, it's called "What women want".

Basically, you act like a chauvenist jackass. But then you get into an accident and somehow gain the power to hear what women are really thinking. At first you abuse your power and it's very funny. But then, later on, you have an epiphany and use your powers for good and end up stopping a depressed young lady from commiting suicide.

The whole experience enriches you and teaches you to be less self-centered. The change in you makes you worthy of love(rom-com rules).

Be like Mel Gibson.
Also product placement.

So OP the moral here is that near-fatal accidents will let you meet the love of your life.
No, no, no...you completely missed my point. I'm embarassed for both of us, honestly...

Chicks dig anti-semitism. You know?

orangeban

Nov 27, 2009
I often find the people who say, "Geez, why do all those bitches only date assholes instead of me? When I'm such a Nice Guy!" generally fail to comprehend the fact that people in general tend to not want to bone people who call them bitches and call their boyfriends assholes. And are really passive agressive and creepy in the corner of the bar.

May 17, 2010
370999 said:

Basically, you act like a chauvenist jackass. But then you get into an accident and somehow gain the power to hear what women are really thinking. At first you abuse your power and it's very funny. But then, later on, you have an epiphany and use your powers for good and end up stopping a depressed young lady from commiting suicide.

The whole experience enriches you and teaches you to be less self-centered. The change in you makes you worthy of love(rom-com rules).

Be like Mel Gibson.
Also product placement.

So OP the moral here is that near-fatal accidents will let you meet the love of your life.
No, no, no...you completely missed my point. I'm embarassed for both of us, honestly...

I'm afraid that you are the one who is wrong Mr. Sexual Harassment

Nike is the path to romantic happiness. Sure bashing on the Jews might get you a quick fling but for a real happiness you have to be wearing good shoes.

Apr 24, 2008
370999 said:
370999 said:

Be like Mel Gibson.
Also product placement.

Nike is the path to romantic happiness. Sure bashing on the Jews might get you a quick fling but for a real happiness you have to be wearing good shoes.
And here I am wearing Hush-Puppies like a sucker...

I'll pick up some Nikes, some Lynx and some Nescafe tomorrow. I better pick up a stick while I'm at it, to beat the ladies off with.

May 17, 2010
370999 said:
370999 said:

Be like Mel Gibson.
Also product placement.

And here I am wearing Hush-Puppies like a sucker...

I'll pick up some Nikes, some Lynx and some Nescafe tomorrow. I better pick up a stick while I'm at it, to beat the ladies off with.
Now your on the right path

Look, some of my best friends hate the Jews but you need more.

Adverts are a documentary, they are the truth and anyone who says otherwise is spreading lies and deception. A good company doesn't care about money only quality meaning there is no reason to exaggerate the effects of their product.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
To be honest, confidence only shows when you're out and about or in large groups of people anyway doesn't it? I haven't met anybody who isn't confident when just talking to 1 or 2 other people, anybody I'm interested in becomes an interest because I talk to them personally rather than coming off as a "confident manly guy-dude" and going from there.

What happened to knowing people before randomly throwing yourself at their faces and hoping for the best?

370999 said:
Adverts are a documentary, they are the truth and anyone who says otherwise is spreading lies and deception. A good company doesn't care about money only quality meaning there is no reason to exaggerate the effects of their product.
Well you're clearly missing out here, my tactic is to drink red bull, girls dig a guy that can FUCKING FLY

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
Muffins are delicious. Don't get me wrong, you made some pretty valid points that I agree on, it's just that muffins are delicious and I'm hungry as hell.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
It's very easy to label someone else a jerk and label yourself a nice guy, while ignoring negative aspects of your own character. Everyone's a jerk to some degree, and the world's worst assholes probably haven't got a clue that they are in fact assholes. Otherwise they'd be aware of bad things they're doing and they'd be able to control it.

If you haven't been in a romantic relationship before and you think you're a nice guy, and you get into a relationship, then WATCH OUT! Be aware of the possibility that you may in fact be a jerk and apply the kind of judgement to yourself that you would to other guys.

I'm talking from personal experience, as one who formerly thought of myself as a "nice guy", then turned into a passive-aggressive control freak in my first major relationship.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
EeveeElectro said:
I'd feel a bit sorry for him but it'd put me off him even more. Instead of pining over me (me of all people. Look at the fucking state of me xD) he should be trying to find a girl who would make him happy.
Or maybe I would like him too if he took the time to talk to me instead of sitting there quietly with a right face on.
Is that some people's method of putting themselves out there? Sitting there and hoping for people to notice them? It doesn't seem a valid complaint to say "That ***** is paying attention to people that are talking to her!, yet she doesn't notice my apathy and indifference!"

I'd say I'm quite a shy and awkward guy, but if I'm interested in somebody I'll still talk to them, because they're somebody worth talking to after all if I think I'm interested in them. The first thing I think when I want somebody to start noticing me isn't "QUICK, LETS BLEND IN WITH THIS PLANT POT AND NOT DO ANYTHING!"

I wouldn't say you need masses of confidence to just talk to somebody 1 on 1, do you?

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
...where's the "Idk I'm a guy" option?

From my uneducated point of view, I don't think one can generalise.

WaysideMaze

The Butcher On Your Back
Apr 25, 2010
I'm not socially awkward at all. I'm actually quite loud, and am happy to talk to anyone, regardless of gender. Yet I'm terrified of asking girls out. I can talk to girls fine, plenty of my friends/drinking buddies are girls, I just never ask any out or tell them how I feel.

Plenty of people here seem to think it's just social awkwardness that's stopping people. It's not.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Well, you did say that it now looks like people are just whining rather than asking how they improve. Could it simply be that now you are a bit more mature about your opinions of women than when you were 16, and that you did your own fair share of whining (come on now, we all have :p) and only recently have begun to realize how immature whining about how not every girl likes you is?

And I do kind of like how you touch on confidence being important, but remember that it really does come down to whether or not she likes you. All the confidence in the multiverse won't change a girl's opinion if she is just not interested to begin with.

Frozen Fox

Mar 23, 2012
XMark said:
A friend of mine had a pretty insightful quote about this issue: "Girls don't necessarily like jerks. They want a nice guy. They just don't want a pussy, 'cause they already have one."
Good quote, quite true. Also i have to mention if you want to not be a pussy yet are one, buy a knife. It worked for me. I mean it is not like the dumb fuck after you is going to fight fair the bastard after me wanted to have a nice three on one beat down until i was just like "***** look! knife!" at least I think that was all I said to be honest i was pretty fuckn terrified. I may be athletic i am not even a wuss but i am not taking on three guys.

If no one is threatening you however... this will not help. Seriously if no one is in your way just ask her/him out, it is not hard just do not say date. Just ask to get coffee or beer any thing you will more or less have to talk over, if they do not get the picture after that well then I do not know what to say, you did something wrong. So learn to cook and make them food that make it pretty blatant, you just invited them and them alone to your house and had dinner that is a date an you can not get around it.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
Allthingsspectacular said:
Women don't like assholes, they're drawn to them. A subtle but meaningful difference.
This.

Biologically, females of any species are drawn to males who are strong, dominant, assertive and can provide for and protect them and their young.

This is attraction, not love.

Usually this encompasses 'assholes'.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Whenever I'm webcamming with an alleged "woman," the giveaway is when they ask to see my butt hole. No women like assholes. They don't have any body part that feels good when they stick it in there, so to them it's just a stinky poopy germ-ridden orifice. Any time anyone is interested in your anus, it's always a gay man.

That's what this thread is about, right?

Jan 27, 2011
Panzer_God said:
"But Panzer" you might ask, "then why aren't they dating guys like us?" The answer is simple.

Confidence.

One of the traits of internet guys like us is low self-confidence, while guys who are assholes tend to possess very high levels of confidence. It's unfortunate, but in my experience it's true, and girls notice. Even if it's in subtle things, body positioning, facial expressions, clothing, a man's confidence shines through loud and clear to women, and they're drawn to it. The reason they get the girl is the same reason most internet guys hate them, because they know that they can get the girl and act accordingly. Girls like guys who know what they want and go for it, which unfortunately doesn't describe most of us.
Boom, headshot, achievement unlocked.

Girls don't like assholes. They like people with self-confidence.

I had shit luck with girls until I got over my crippled self esteem (screw you high school). Then, once I got mostly over it, and decided "you know what? I don't NEED a girlfriend. It would be nice to have one, but I can have all kinds of fun without one too!", I landed someone.

That someone and I are still together a year later, and my self-esteem has only improved, as she has shown me that I AM actually worth something.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
I'd say that in general, they like men with backbone.
Assholes tend to have backbone. Some nice guys do too, but others slink away from sight and hiss when light gets in their eyes.