Poll: Girls love a bad boy

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
asinann said:
If less than 90% of them vote "I like the bad boys because they treat me like dirt" they're lying.

Otherwise they wouldn't keep going back to the jackasses that keep hitting and belittling them.
but lets be honest here. If the girl is going back to an abusive partner, are you missing anything worth having?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
george144 said:
goatzilla8463 said:
I think I'm a prime example of a great boyfriend. I have a nice girlfriend and her parents don't mind me. Her siblings think I'm alright and I fit well into her group of friends. We listen to the same music and we have loads in common.

[HEADING=1]ARE YOU JEALOUS OR WHAT?[/HEADING]
I have all of that except the parents bit so meeeeh. (They think I'm a drunk because ONE TIME ONLY, I turned up at her house early morning/late night and started loudly singing Queen songs. Humourless old codgers.)

Wow, er, are you me?

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
MusicalFreedom said:
I can see where this will go. consider this (partially) pre-emptive. also, I'm talking about "Nice Guys", not nice guys (there's a difference). this is not directed at anyone in particular

everyone who whines about how they don't get no pussy even though they're a Nice Guy comes across as really pathetic to everyone. why? it's because most self-proclaimed Nice-Guys are creepy fucks whose only motivation to be nice is that they might fuck people. sure, you're always there, you always pay for them, you always offer a shoulder to cry on, you would throw yourself at the feet of a girl if they asked. That. Is. Pathetic. No-one likes you, you have no respect.

Now, I'm not sure about how women feel about "bad boys". but i would guess that it's a confidence issue, not an asshole issue. would you date someone who has no fucking spine? i wouldn't date a woman or man who can't say no. it takes confidence to say no.

Let's continue. Nice Guys have inflated senses of self-worth, and feel that sex and love are something that they are entitled to. They think "be nice to them, then they'll love me!" NO. STOP THINKING THAT. YOU ARE BEING REJECTED BECAUSE YOU ARE CREEPY AND EXPECT (MENTALLY, YOU DEMAND) THEM TO LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU DO NICE THINGS. NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT AN ASSHOLE.
I think I can agree with this. However, what about the nice guy that isn't creepy and doesn't complain about not having a girlfriend because he knows if he wants one that he is approaching each of his relationships with the opposite sex wrong?

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Girls don't like the "bad guy"

they like guys who have confidence and appear to be in control of the situation.

Because nice guys spend all day moping about how shitty they have it, that really turns girls off.

If you want a girl, grow a pair, and take a bit of control of your life, and don't give it [control] away automatically to be "nice".

LalaLand

Apr 14, 2009
A slightly less angry reply from the girl side is in order I s'pose?

I like the 'look' - the scruff from not shaving, the muscles, blah blah blah - will I ever date one? Nein. Those boys are nothing but eye-candy... I want a man by my side.

More specifically, I want a man who will go to midnight premiers of geek movies and be my mate for gamer conventions. The scruffy /look/ is okay once in a while, but I want a man who owns more than one collared shirt, and has a personality to interest me for longer than the glance.

Oh, and guys - a little respect goes a long way? Bitterness at being rejected by a girl not so much.

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
MusicalFreedom said:
I can see where this will go. consider this (partially) pre-emptive. also, I'm talking about "Nice Guys", not nice guys (there's a difference). this is not directed at anyone in particular

everyone who whines about how they don't get no pussy even though they're a Nice Guy comes across as really pathetic to everyone. why? it's because most self-proclaimed Nice-Guys are creepy fucks whose only motivation to be nice is that they might fuck people. sure, you're always there, you always pay for them, you always offer a shoulder to cry on, you would throw yourself at the feet of a girl if they asked. That. Is. Pathetic. No-one likes you, you have no respect.

Now, I'm not sure about how women feel about "bad boys". but i would guess that it's a confidence issue, not an asshole issue. would you date someone who has no fucking spine? i wouldn't date a woman or man who can't say no. it takes confidence to say no.

Let's continue. Nice Guys have inflated senses of self-worth, and feel that sex and love are something that they are entitled to. They think "be nice to them, then they'll love me!" NO. STOP THINKING THAT. YOU ARE BEING REJECTED BECAUSE YOU ARE CREEPY AND EXPECT (MENTALLY, YOU DEMAND) THEM TO LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU DO NICE THINGS. NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT AN ASSHOLE.
This is basically what I said, but explained Much better. Girls Don't like when a guy waits on you hand and foot, they just like Taking advantage of that. Sexual attraction is important in a relationship and if your cowardly, emotional and spineless there going to think of you as less of a man. A guy generally doesn't want to date a butch, manly girl. So why would a girl want to date a sensitive feminine guy?

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
slevin8989 said:
goatzilla8463 said:
I think I'm a prime example of a great boyfriend. I have a nice girlfriend and her parents don't mind me. Her siblings think I'm alright and I fit well into her group of friends. We listen to the same music and we have loads in common.

I hate you so much
I feel superior in ways unimaginable.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I kinda dress that way (kinda) but I'm a nice guy inside.
I've been told the attraction behind it is that girls want to be the only one to tame this wild beast of a man.

The attitude, however, makes you a compelte fuckstick if we're being honest.

Crofty

Sep 17, 2008
goatzilla8463 said:

Not in the slightest.

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
Crofty said:
goatzilla8463 said:

Not in the slightest.
Aww. Come on. You lie.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
No, I hate bad boys. Bad boys usually mean naughty drugs and drinking, I don't do either.
I've been with a bad boy before, he fucked my head up. Never again, thanks.

slevin8989

Apr 3, 2009
goatzilla8463 said:
slevin8989 said:
goatzilla8463 said:

I hate you so much
It's all right man as long as you feel that she only got's you

LalaLand

Apr 14, 2009
H.R.Shovenstuff said:
82.5% of the people online are dudes. The rest are dudes wishing they were girls.
correction: 10.5% are actually girls, but 82.5% are too scared to believe it o.o

and 7% are guys pretending to be teenage girls (has anyone actually seen a guy pretend to be anyone over the age of 19?)

goatzilla8463

Dec 11, 2008
slevin8989 said:
goatzilla8463 said:
slevin8989 said:
goatzilla8463 said:

I hate you so much
It's all right man as long as you feel that she only got's you
Wait a minute.....I've been in this situation before.

Zekko5

Apr 30, 2008
asinann said:
If less than 90% of them vote "I like the bad boys because they treat me like dirt" they're lying.

Otherwise they wouldn't keep going back to the jackasses that keep hitting and belittling them.
QFT. Listen to the man!
ace_of_something said:
Where all the ladies at?

I also think it's an age thing as women get older they tend to get tired of the bad boy.
I agree. Though this age varies from very early to never at all.
goatzilla8463 said:

My girlfriend and I have been together now for over 10 months, despite the fact that we live quite a long way apart and can only see eachother in the weekends because of school. We both had sex for the first time with eachother after 2 months of knowing each other, not because I wanted to but because she wanted to. Badly It would've been weeks sooner if we hadn't set the 2 month limit for ourselves, we had already did pretty much everything but the actual fucking because we just couldn't control ourselves). After 4 or 5 months her mom hinted that if I were to go to college anywhere near them she wouldn't mind taking me in at all. I'm integrated into the family to such a degree that it's completely normal for me to be present at a family arguement and be asked my opinion. It also happens regularly that I am shared very private information and asked for my advice or simply to listen to let off steam. The family has also done the same for me several times. Her friends think I'm really sweet, nice and cool. Her siblings think I'm cool and fun to have around. My friends think she's awesome (and good looking, while she is, in fact, gorgeous). On Mother's Day, all the children decided to make her a 3-course dinner at home and I was considered part of it by default. Last weekend I couldn't go see my girlfriend, and I got a call from her mom 5 minutes ago saying that they actually missed me this weekend (not in an emotional way, she just couldn't help but notice I wasn't there). Lately my girlfriend has been talking a lot about marriage and the likes, which I find only enjoyable because I know we both want to always be together for the rest of our lives. From the very beginning we have sent each other sms messages several times a day with nothing but "<3" in them, and I still feel all warm and fuzzy every time I get one.

And I DO still remember what she wore on our first date (her favourite black jeans, thin black summercoat, cute yellow top, Hello Kitty underwear (which she had announced in advance and quickly gave me a glimpse of the bra :p) and the cutest smile I have ever seen and I still have the sweet joy of seeing every weekend).

Oh, and we both kissed for the first time on our first date.

So no, I'm not jealous. I'm the happiest man alive.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
i must admit, the past few girls ive thought ive had a chance with have said im too nice, i just dont understand how you can be TOO nice. in order to get a girlfriend one must be a total asshole? it is completely illogical ='(

haha, i sound kinda pathetic, but ive had enough of one night stands - i want a relationship, but im 'too nice' for one.

it makes no sense

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
No, I hate bad boys. Bad boys usually mean naughty drugs and drinking, I don't do either.
I've been with a bad boy before, he fucked my head up. Never again, thanks.
I'm assuming there are different opinions of what a bad boy is.
This may be a guys perspective but I consider an Alcoholic, Drug addict, Sadist to be more of a waste of life then a "Bad Boy"

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
Zekko5 said:
asinann said:

QFT. Listen to the man!
ace_of_something said:
Where all the ladies at?

I also think it's an age thing as women get older they tend to get tired of the bad boy.
I agree. Though this age varies from very early to never at all.
goatzilla8463 said:

My girlfriend and I have been together now for over 10 months, despite the fact that we live quite a long way apart and can only see eachother in the weekends because of school. We both had sex for the first time with eachother after 2 months of knowing each other, not because I wanted to but because she wanted to. Badly It would've been weeks sooner if we hadn't set the 2 month limit for ourselves, we had already did pretty much everything but the actual fucking because we just couldn't control ourselves). After 4 or 5 months her mom hinted that if I were to go to college anywhere near them she wouldn't mind taking me in at all. I'm integrated into the family to such a degree that it's completely normal for me to be present at a family arguement and be asked my opinion. It also happens regularly that I am shared very private information and asked for my advice or simply to listen to let off steam. The family has also done the same for me several times. Her friends think I'm really sweet, nice and cool. Her siblings think I'm cool and fun to have around. My friends think she's awesome (and good looking, while she is, in fact, gorgeous). On Mother's Day, all the children decided to make her a 3-course dinner at home and I was considered part of it by default. Last weekend I couldn't go see my girlfriend, and I got a call from her mom 5 minutes ago saying that they actually missed me this weekend (not in an emotional way, she just couldn't help but notice I wasn't there). Lately my girlfriend has been talking a lot about marriage and the likes, which I find only enjoyable because I know we both want to always be together for the rest of our lives. From the very beginning we have sent each other sms messages several times a day with nothing but "<3" in them, and I still feel all warm and fuzzy every time I get one.

And I DO still remember what she wore on our first date (her favourite black jeans, thin black summercoat, cute yellow top, Hello Kitty underwear (which she had announced in advance and quickly gave me a glimpse of the bra :p) and the cutest smile I have ever seen and I still have the sweet joy of seeing every weekend).

Oh, and we both kissed for the first time on our first date.

So no, I'm not jealous. I'm the happiest man alive.
Prick Mode: the Internet does not care. I have a beautiful fiancee Ive been with for 2 and a half years, but I can't imagine writing about the joys of my relationship on a Gaming Website Topic Forum.