Poll: Give up Human Form: If you had this option, would you take it?

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
If you had the choice to give up being a human, for any reason, like avoiding human society, or any other reason, would you? you could pick any other form of life to be, as long as it wasn't human. What would your decision be, and what, and if yes, what would you be?

Edit: any lifeform choice is valid: Shape-Shifters, dragons, ponies, unicorns, cyborgs, orcs, elves, furries, zerglings, protoss, gungans(wtf) [http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gungan], the T-Virus, anything that comes to mind.

Also, you can still try to live in human society without being human, it would just be difficult.

Yes: I would be a shapeshifter, able to be in a plethora of forms, including, but not limited to, my former human form, and a river otter. why? because I could be anything I ever wanted to be, at least physically.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I'm gonna ahead and predict the majority of the poll will be "yes".

OT: Nope, as I like being a human. Plus I find human fun to say.
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuman.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Not particularly. The natural world is vicious and even if you are at the top of the food chain, your life can still end up being brutish and short and you will not get to enjoy the same levels of comfort or emotion as humans can.

So, no thanks. I'm good being a human.

I mean, unless becoming something fantastic counts, in which case, I'd give being a cyborg or a robot a shot.

DarthVAlo

Dec 31, 2011
Yes, but only if I could become Macaque. I thinks it's in India they have a temple for the worship of Macaque, and being worshiped seems pretty cool.

Rather weird thing to say for a first post, but I couldn't help myself.

Esotera

May 5, 2011
A flying squirrel.

If we're not restricted to other animals, I wouldn't mind merging myself with a computer so much that I became indistinguishable from a traditional human. But I guess you could argue that that's already happening with a lot of people.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
I thought you were asking if I wanted to give up humanity as a whole. Thankfully this is a lot less dark.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
Would I? Nope.

Even in fantasy games, I still prefer the human class. We're the steel-swinging virtuous paragon jack-of-all-stats. That, and we're usually among the first to objectively and scientifically rip through magic, adopting a scholarly-school-of-study approach instead of a shadowy elf-cult or a sacred reverence of the arcane. We also have this habit of digging our fingers into the cultures around us and adopting or similarly ripping off the best aspects while simultaneously expressing a blatant disregard for their ways.
Ah, we truly are the best. By virtue of the fact no one can challenge us. Unless, of course, this is a sci-fi game, where we are the technological underdogs. But even then we still come out on top.

In this reality? I actually thought about being a brain-in-a-jar integrated into computer processors. How cool would that be to substitute nerve impulses for HTML? You could literally make webpages with the wave of an arm. Viruses and other virtual programs are mere thoughts you could conjure and kick around like the schoolyard bully. Your nimble hands and striding feet would be the lords of a world in which everyone else crawled around using chopsticks. And just think of how online the modern world is. Crown my frontal lobe king, for I am wielding tempered steel in the Bronze Age.

Of course, this has the physical drawback of always having to avoid discovery by, oh, say The US Government. You know those nosy punks are going to want to figure out what makes me tick, and they're going to get the science community on their side. The greedy [small]little...[/small]

I'd also miss the fresh air, caressing something in my arms, taking walks and the like. And I don't think I'd voluntarily give up my humanity for mere power like that. But if I was in a tragic accident and had the brain-jar option...

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I choose yes, and shall become Shiva the destroyer. Just think of all the great things I can do with my extra arms.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Hmmm ... perhaps if I could be something like 'Q' from Star Trek? That'd be pretty cool. I could quite simply sculpt the galaxy as I saw fit.

I could just take the form of a lowly Ensign who happens to be freakin' fantastic at everything he ever does, whilst watching and learning from the lowly mortals.

Oh crap ...

Wesley Crusher is Q in disguise ?!

0bserv3

May 7, 2009
I'd love to be a robot (by downloading my brain into one or just hooking it up directly) because then I'd be much more durable, I could replace anything that broke and I could modify myself.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Odd, I was hoping for someone to post something similar to multiple-man, able to be in as many places at once as they ever wanted.

Viridian

Jan 25, 2012
>.>
<.<

...Cthulhu. Or maybe a toucan. It's close. Eldritch abomination, or tropical bird? I can never decide.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Whadda'ya think a confessed furfag would choose? :3

But since we're able to become everything, I'd go with some sort of Egyptian god knock-off for the added benefit of divine power, as well.

It'd be great. Say if SOPA or one of its bastard siblings make it past. Suddenly, all the champaign at the SOPAtite's party, in the cellar, in the bottles, in their very mouths, turns into sand and ash. Or live scarabs, if I'm particularly cruel that day.

CulixCupric

Oct 20, 2011
Muspelheim said:
Whadda'ya think a confessed furfag would choose? :3
CulixCupric said:
Yes: I would be a shapeshifter, able to be in a plethora of forms, including, but not limited to, my former human form, and a river otter. why? because I could be anything I ever wanted to be, at least physically.
I'm pretty sure something similar to this ^^^. *hint hint* :3

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I'm thinking a Saiyan, because there aren't many lifeforms I can think of that are visibly indistinguishable from humans, but more awesome. Flying, super strength, shooting energy beams from my hands, yet the ability to blend into society perfectly whenever I wish.