Poll: Go home nature, you're drunk...

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I do not know what we have done to deserve this. Has Minnesota angered nature in some way? Is this the Mayan prophecy coming true with a whimper rather than a bang?

This type of snow dump would be strange March 19th, let alone April 19th. It's "supposed" to get to the 50's F next week but that's what it did last week and that hasn't stopped schizophrenia nature from dumping 3 inches of snow onto us. Our average high for this time of year is about 60-70 degrees and it is currently a balmy 30 degrees out.

So Escapist, a few things that I would like to get from you so I (hopefully) don't feel so bad...

1. What's it look like for you outside? Is your weather being normal for your area or have your people also angered the nature Gods?

2. Pic please! :) Please do put them in spoilers though so it doesn't take up too much space.

Edit: Just to be clear, when I state too hot/too cold, I mean against the average of your areas weather, not too hot/cold to what you want it to be.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well right now the weather is somewhat fine (sunny and fairly warm) however this had only arrived recently. Before that we were still getting winter cold and it even snow abit over here in the UK! Overall the warm spring came late.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
We had our first bits of sun last Sunday. At the moment the weather is pretty average for the time of year, but until 2 weeks ago it was still full-on winter.

I don't have a camera nearby atm, but I'll see if I can make a picture when I get home in 2 hours...

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I am in a bunker... I have no idea of the weather at the moment... but we have finally got through the strange cold start to the spring, and normal April is kicking in. Hell... I didn't even wear a coat yesterday!!! :O

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
Spring has been very late arriving in the UK. It's been wet and very windy the past two days, but that's more normal for this time of year than the cold weather we'd been having before. Seems like it's now a little more how I'd expect it to be now.

Devetta

Aug 14, 2009
I'm in South Wales (UK), as of today it's been fairly nice spring weather, a slight breeze; a bit of sun and random rain showers. However yesterday and the day before I was afraid of taking off due to the bitter cold wind. Is winter finally over? I bloody hope so, I want to shed these winter pounds by jogging.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Nope, the weather here (in Liverpool, England) has gotten it's shit together lately. Sunny, pretty strong breeze, but when the wind's not blowing it's warmish. A couple of days ago it was genuinely quite warm, this wind hadn't turned up yet. That said, it's been fucking cold for weeks longer than it should have been before this.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Montreal here . The weather is crazy . On days it snows , the next it really hot , then it rains , then hot , then hail . Seriously , mother nature is bipolar .

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Your poll assumes that average is good.
I prefer it colder, so yeah, it's slightly colder than normal.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
Good weather here in England, finally.

Here in Shropshire we've got nice warm air, a light wind and sun. Ideal after the depressingly gray shite we've had for the last 5/6 months.

There's blue in the sky, birds singing, daises in the grass. Spring is finally here! And here I am, inside, procrastinating on the internet.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Spring is finally breaking through over here in the Netherlands.

Took its sweet time though.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
I voted *other*, because it's only recently and FINALLY that it has become what a late April should be like.
Until a week ago, I was seriously missing.. rain, because it was the longest stretch of no rain (because of too cold) that I have experienced in my whole life.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Within the past month, one week we have 80* weather, hail, rain, and maybe snow. Was actually 81* a few days ago and this morning it was 34*. So, actually, yep, this is normal. This is Missouri after all.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Arakasi said:
Your poll assumes that average is good.
I prefer it colder, so yeah, it's slightly colder than normal.
Sorry if I wasn't clear but when I say it's too hot/cold in the poll, it is compared to what your weather should be, not by the posters preference.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
I live in Kansas. There is NO SUCH THING as normal here [is the joke]. I mean, just look at the last week. It was about 70 F on sunday, then it was 60 F on monday, then 55 F and raining on Tuesday, then 40 F and even more rain+Flooding on Wendsday, then 20 F and SNOW on Thursday, then now its Friday and going to be about 60 F.

If your Mother Nature is drunk, Kansas Mother Nature just drank the whole brewery.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
A few weeks ago it was snowing while it was +3 out, as a result the snow would melt as soon as it landed. That was really interesting to watch. [sub][sub]Even more interesting than watching paint dry...[/sub][/sub]

Tanakh

Jul 8, 2011
70º F on a glorious sunny morning, pretty average for summer in Mexico City.

For further details, 0% precipitation, 0 mph winds and 38% humidity, pretty much perfect if you like that kind of thing. I like windy and rainy days, those will start within the month.

Aug 19, 2010
Right now, our weather is fine. And that's a problem. Let me explain.
Normal weather in mid-april in Hungary is 20-25 celsius. It was that much today. Now, less than two weeks ago, we had weather worse than the OP's picture. That big a jump in such little time fucked everyone up quite thoroughly.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
tippy2k2 said:
Edit: Just to be clear, when I state too hot/too cold, I mean against the average of your areas weather, not too hot/cold to what you want it to be.
Right now it's normal, warm-ish and sunny-ish.

I spent Easter weekend snowboarding, I'm in northern England and I spent my Easter snowboarding! Whilst a couple of years ago it snowed in May, it wasn't the deep, persistent snow we've had in March and April this year, it was both awesome and rubbish, but definitely weird.