Poll: Go home nature, you're drunk...

Sep 14, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
I do not know what we have done to deserve this. Has Minnesota angered nature in some way? Is this the Mayan prophecy coming true with a whimper rather than a bang?

This type of snow dump would be strange March 19th, let alone April 19th. It's "supposed" to get to the 50's F next week but that's what it did last week and that hasn't stopped schizophrenia nature from dumping 3 inches of snow onto us. Our average high for this time of year is about 60-70 degrees and it is currently a balmy 30 degrees out.

So Escapist, a few things that I would like to get from you so I (hopefully) don't feel so bad...

1. What's it look like for you outside? Is your weather being normal for your area or have your people also angered the nature Gods?

2. Pic please! :) Please do put them in spoilers though so it doesn't take up too much space.

Edit: Just to be clear, when I state too hot/too cold, I mean against the average of your areas weather, not too hot/cold to what you want it to be.
holy poop, that is pretty bad relatively to normal, this ice age needs to go away.

OT: it's not snowing in my area (not consistently at least, we've had snow but it didn't really stick enough to last for more than a day), but dear sweet jesus, the winds...i had 2 underarmors and a hoodie on tonight underneath my refereeing gear, and i still felt like a frozen popsicle, this is what it was like:

my ears were on fire when i stepped into my car from the temperature change, it physically hurt like hell just from that.

on average it's around the 60-70's range, if not 80's on average, so yeah i feel your pain when it's not even half that at on most days and we have a possibility for a snow day this upcoming week...*sigh*

its sad to say this, i am missing the heat right now, even though my nuts would be heating up a storm in anything higher than 70-80 degrees.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Here in Utah, we've had unusually cold weather for this time of year for the past month or so. Weather here is always kinda wacky, but usually by now it's wormed up a bit, but as of late we've been getting weekly snow and sometimes HAIL!
But honestly, I feel like this is a good alternative to going back to the staggering desert heat we'll be experiencing in a few months/weeks...

Fluxlunanos

Forgot to remember to forget.
Jun 26, 2011
I chose other on the poll, for the "Sand" option is not there. Yes that is the weather here, Sand. Sand in the air, in your hair, on the ground, in the sink, burying the dog, its everywhere, and 70 MPH winds to boot. One of the joys of the Mojave Desert- when it isn't blistering 110F outside, its sand.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
I do not know what we have done to deserve this. Has Minnesota angered nature in some way? Is this the Mayan prophecy coming true with a whimper rather than a bang?

This type of snow dump would be strange March 19th, let alone April 19th. It's "supposed" to get to the 50's F next week but that's what it did last week and that hasn't stopped schizophrenia nature from dumping 3 inches of snow onto us. Our average high for this time of year is about 60-70 degrees and it is currently a balmy 30 degrees out.

So Escapist, a few things that I would like to get from you so I (hopefully) don't feel so bad...

1. What's it look like for you outside? Is your weather being normal for your area or have your people also angered the nature Gods?

2. Pic please! :) Please do put them in spoilers though so it doesn't take up too much space.

Edit: Just to be clear, when I state too hot/too cold, I mean against the average of your areas weather, not too hot/cold to what you want it to be.
Yeah seriously, what the hell is wrong with our state? We shouldn't have to bust out the snowblowers in April,let alone have snow days. The family car couldn't even get out of the driveway this morning.

Apollo45

Jan 30, 2011
Pretty normal. We're used to getting late snows in Colorado, so these snowstorms are nothing new. Likewise, going from a 70 degree day to freezing/snow and back to warm isn't unusual for December, much less spring, so that's nothing new either. Might be a bit more snow than normal, but we're Colorado, where the weather is made up and the seasons don't matter.

Seriously, we got snow in July a couple years back, after it being 88 degrees in the morning.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
krazykidd said:
Montreal here . The weather is crazy . On days it snows , the next it really hot , then it rains , then hot , then hail . Seriously , mother nature is bipolar .
Yeah but it's always kind of that crazy here every spring. It's winter's last "fuck you" before giving way to spring.

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
tippy2k2 said:

Ah, so that's where all the cold went. We're suffering through over 40°C here in the tropics (that's 104°F to you), when we'd normally get around 30°C (86°F).

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Seven degree snow up here!

I don't get nature, I really don't. The temperature is lovely, though. I wish it stayed this temperature all year round.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
w9496 said:
Yeah seriously, what the hell is wrong with our state? We shouldn't have to bust out the snowblowers in April,let alone have snow days. The family car couldn't even get out of the driveway this morning.
Now I don't know how old you are but I assume you are older because otherwise my post wouldn't work...

I don't recall ever having a snow day back in MY day (when we walked up-hill five miles both ways! Also, get off my lawn!). Unless you literally could not get into the door due to the amount of snow piled against the door, there were no snow days.

Now granted, I almost couldn't get to work this morning so maybe the school bus had the same problem. Not because of the snow fall but because the shit under the snow froze and then the shit on top froze. It was like ice was the bread and the snow was the meat of my car sandwich and I couldn't get the damn door open >_<

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
I live in Colorado, where the saying is "if you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes". So nothing phases me anymore. Throughout early winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) we had unseasonably warm weather. Lately we've made up for it with snow the past couple weeks. But that's "normal". I've seen days where it started out 80°F in the morning, then ended up snowing in the evening. I've seen sun in my front yard while there was rain/hail in my back yard. At least I'm rarely bored with the weather.

BartyMae

Apr 20, 2012
I, too, live in Minnesota. Though I may be a vampire, even I am longing for a glimpse of the sun at this point.

w9496

Jun 28, 2011
tippy2k2 said:
w9496 said:
Now I don't know how old you are but I assume you are older because otherwise my post wouldn't work...

I don't recall ever having a snow day back in MY day (when we walked up-hill five miles both ways! Also, get off my lawn!). Unless you literally could not get into the door due to the amount of snow piled against the door, there were no snow days.

Now granted, I almost couldn't get to work this morning so maybe the school bus had the same problem. Not because of the snow fall but because the shit under the snow froze and then the shit on top froze. It was like ice was the bread and the snow was the meat of my car sandwich and I couldn't get the damn door open >_<
Only 18.

Most of the snow days in my district stem from bad road conditions. It seems stupid, but around %30 of the kids that go to the high school get there by being dropped off by their parents. I guess my district thinks that a snow day will keep a bunch of collisions from happening.

And about the snow blocking the doors, we actually had a late start once because of that. It wasn't natures fault(this time), but some of the people in my senior class blocked all of the doors with snow and sprayed them with water to make ice walls around the doors.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Here in Arkansas it's been literally 80 degrees one day, then it rains, and that night its 30. Spring and winter are having quite the epic struggle here.

I personally would welcome a second ice age, so a winter that refuses to leave is heaven for me.

Fuck you summer. >:c

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Well lesse, it was -6 and thunderstorming this morning. Then went up to 10ish and sunny. Then climbed to 14 and rainy. Then whipped into a windy rain and 10. Then cleared out again for a bit. Then went back into windy and 2-3ish. Now its light snow and -4 outside. All in less than 24 hours.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Just today, we in the Nashville, TN area had a cold, overcast day, after a good few days of sunshine and heat. Maybe Winter is struggling to stick around?

romanator0

Jun 3, 2011
I live in southern California, I'll give you three guesses as to what the weather is like right now.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Well, that's interesting. I've gotten April snow once so I know it's pretty strange.
I'm in the pacific northwest. Other than Spring and Summer, it ranges from partly-cloudy to raining and even during spring and summer it can get iffy. It's the middle of Spring and only every other day has been sunny. It's weird, it's raining, it's sunny, it's raining, it's sunny, sometimes both. And it hailed for, no joke, ten minutes. Okay, I might be off a little bit bit it was so brief and so precise with turning on and off.
It was like God went "Oops, forget that long light hail. Well, I still got it here, I'll just dump it all at once."

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
You think that's a lot of snow? Earlier this week it snowed 17 inches. Last week it snowed 15 before it melted and this happened. Wyoming springs are unpredictable.