Poll: Google+

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
Got dragged to facebook because all of my friends use it. So I use it for reading their messages and the private message feature to talk to some people. Also to upload photo's I made that I want to share with them for one reason or another. So I don't need google+

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I don't have a page on it and don't plan to make one. The only reason I have a facebook page is because updates for things I want to be involved in are done through it.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I use google as a search engine, and then occasionally it bugs me to change my youtube account to my real name, to which I reply, "piss off!"

I don't even know if that counts as google+, seeing as that's literally the only interaction I have with it.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
I use it for work.
At work I had the chance to see if people actually had and used a G+ account.
Turns out they didnt.

Plucky

Enthusiast Magician
Jan 16, 2011
Personally i avoid making social profiles, it just brings in too much potential problems or stress, the best i have is probably a YouTube and things like DeviantArt....

...there's just things im a bit more open about on the internet, People IRL could find you on Facebook and constantly ask you to friend them, slipping out one piece of debatable information and suddenly everyone knows, heck even my first YouTube account was my main, but then i made another account just for the phone to deter any potential people or potentially use it for a Lets Play channel perhaps, sorta doubt it.

Dunno why Google is so desperate for people to using their real names on YouTube, having usernames was better.

My only mistake might be that i wasn't creative when i was younger...i used the same username on at least 1 other site, luckily the connection was never made, i even deleted some old YouTube comments that contains potential breadcrumbs to my other online things. (nothing like paypal, mind you)

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I use it in the way that I have an account, but never use it. I don't really like things like that, and only registered because a friend was pestering me with it. I don't use any other social service.

Captcha: what should we call me. Good question.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
I don't use it. Because -

(a) Why would I want people to know what I was up to?

(b) I have different friends for different reasons. I don't want some of them knowing some things about me. Having to organise that online as well as in real life sounds weird.

(c) If I wanted people to contact me then I'd buy a mobile phone.

(d) I like the Internet to surprise me and expand my interests, not feed me the same type of content I keep looking at every day through habit.

(e) Maybe I don't understand how it works or how it could work for me. If so, then (e) is - it's too complicated.

(f) Anything that asks me to log in for something I don't want to log in to annoys the crap out of me. I have so many user names and passwords already for other things I actually half care about. I don't need anymore.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Everybody has one, because everyone has either an youtube or a Gmail account, and they just gave you a G+ account.

No one ever uses it because it it basically facebook but worse and with fewer people actively on it.

Only people that can find some technical help from it that they can't get anywhere else. And Google employees of course.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
"Use" is a funny word. I view G+ as the service I can say I use so people will leave me alone about facebook. Do I have a profile? Yes. Do I log in to the service? Sort of, when I'm on gmail or youtube... but do I use any "social networking" service? No, I wouldn't say I do. I don't really have a use for such a thing.

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
I don't use it and I don't know anyone who does. I barely use Facebook, and I actually have friends on there.

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Hmmm ... Now, I have used my Google account for various things, including submitting a couple edits to Maps etc...

But I've still answered "no" up above. Because I don't actively "use" the core social network bit of G+ (and in fact I don't think I actually KNOW anyone who does, either).

It's sort of like having already been a user of some other services (say, an equivalent to Youtube and to GMaps, as well as buying a smartphone) and finding that a free Facebook or Twitter identity came with, and logging in using that ID was now a prerequisite of using those other services. Well, OK, yeah... I log into this ersatz IP-VoD service with a supposed FB account, or into the mapping site using a Twitter one, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I ever actually log inon FB or Twitter themselves to use their core function of interacting with other people I know and/or share interests with in a meaningful way. It's just a passkey, yknow?

Thus, I have a G+ identity, and I use it for things, as it's been pretty much forced upon me (and in fact, it's now trying to force me to change my display name - uh, sorry, but if "Tahrey" by itself wasn't acceptable, why the titting hell did you let me set my handle as that in the first place? The originally behind-the-scenes surname you now want me to globally exhibit is just a bit of keyspam I entered to make the red outline disappear...) ...but I don't "use Google Plus".

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Desert Punk said:
BabySinclair said:
I use it solely for playing D&D with friends online because it has integrated voice/video chat and google docs built into the system which makes it easy to manage character sheets with the DM.
Thats actually a really interesting use for it! Though if you guys are interested in such things, my group uses both OpenRPG for that, and Roll20.net
We use roll20 for the actual table/virtual playing surface but G+ has better voice chat than roll20 in our experience and since we're using it to chat, google docs is easily accessible for character sheets because we can update them realtime with the DM.

Will have to look into OpenRPG though, we're always open to better ways to run the game.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i have google +. i like google +. i never use google +. reason? the plebs dont use it. there is no point using a social network no one is on. literally the only reason i still have facebook when i hate the shit out of it.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
All my friends are on facebook, so I use facebook.

If all my friends were on Google+ I'd be on Google+.

Nothing else to it.