Poll: Hairy Ladies

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
The Preened Mr. Fust said:
Ah, threads on preferences. This will go like every thread before it (i.e.. "Which cheese do you prefer?).

I don't ask my partner to because I care little, there are more important places on a woman if you ask me. I leave it up to her purview.

If my partner asked me to? I suppose I would, at least once. Isn't it all about pleasing each other in the end?

I disapprove of your poll's options so I will refrain from voting.
You know forums are for discussion and when we get down to it MOST things come down to preference, and well done to you for not voting! Your powers of not pressing buttons is astounding! You must be so pleased with yourself!

OT: I prefer that my partner isn't completely hairy but I don't mind a bit of hair.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
As a hairy woman, who in a monthly groom will go though waxing, shaving, epilating and plucking - if I could stop this painful shit, I would, but looking like a pretty man sucks. Hell, if i don't keep my brows in check, they try and rendezvous with my hairline.

My boyfriend look weird clean shaven though, there's a man who suits stubble. Stupid men not needing to groom!

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
As a male, hairy armpits really don't bother me. Hairly legs.....I guess I'm not overly cool with. Can't say it would bother me to the point of unacceptable but I damn sure wouldn't be happy about the situation.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
Maze1125 said:
s0p0g said:
so i welcome it if she is well-trimmed (not necessarily completely "naked" "down there"; then she looks like a little girl, and i feel like a pedophile... thanks, but no, thanks)
So you prefer you women to look like they're 13-14, with a small amount of hair, rather than 11-12, with none?
That's okay then...
yes, because there is no distinction at all between cut/trimmed hair on the one side, and barely present/developing on the other; both look completely the same.
*cough*

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
Furthermore, would you yourself deign to regularly remove your hair if society demanded it?

If you are female, would you feel comfortable going out in public without removing this "unwanted" hair? Is it personal preference or social stigma which compels you to shave/wax/whatever? Please discuss.
I guess if society demanded it I'd feel odd if I didn't. Because I'm not socially expected to, I don't shave my body (though I do my face)

Our opinions on these things are shaped massively by the expectations put upon us as we grow up. Generally our personal preferences are constrained within certain guidelines that society places upon us. Those that don't conform to any society's ideals are thought of as odd best, and mad at worst.

There are plenty of societies (both present and throughout history) that have had incredibly different ideals of beauty and morality and everything else. If we lived in those societies at those times, we'd probably think the same way as they did. For example, if a person of modern western morality was plonked in, say, ancient Sparta (with a babel fish for translation), they'd be declared insane inside of a week (because they didn't like the idea of killing slaves for fun [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helots#Treatment_by_Spartans], and didn't want to sleep with boys [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_pederasty]). If you took someone from 1890 and put them in the modern day, I'm sure they'd think that we were very odd.
An example that I read about just the other day, where women fill the historical male role:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16592633

Some rapid fire, source free examples, because I've used enough links in this post:

Until relatively recently, pink was the stereotypical colour for boys, and blue was for girls.
Thin or lithe people used to be seen as unattractive in 15th century Europe.
Being fat was seen as a symbol of wealth in Russia under the Czars (because food was often short).
Being tanned used to be a sign that you were poor and had to work outside, whereas being very pale was deemed perfect.

It is society (and often associations with wealth) that decides these things, and not the individual to any great degree.

Note: I just started reading this wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_attractiveness to factcheck my post, and it's REALLY interesting. It seems that there may be, to some degree, ingrained natural and ethnic preferences that may have been at certain times suppressed by various societies for various reasons.
Not sure how much of my post it proves wrong lol, but I recommend taking a look!

Necroid_Neko

Nov 24, 2011
As a gal, I find less hairy guys to be more attractive.
Maybe there should be a poll about women's preferences in that department? I'd be interested to see the results.

Shifty

Apr 21, 2011
I keep myself clean shaved and shave below. (lets be honest its not the most attractive thing in the world and anything we can do to make it look better is good, also hygienic reasons)

I do prefer a girl that is tidy below but would never make an issue of it. Arm pit hair would be a deal breaker however.

What a strange poll.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
Years ago, I had a boyfriend for a while who preferred me not to shave. I'm exceptionally fluffy if I don't, although my body hair is very blonde. Still, it's no big deal either way for me.

El Presidente

Dec 26, 2011
A little bit of body hair isn't a big deal to me, but I know a girl whose arms are hairier than mine. Granted, I'm not the hairiest man around, but that crosses a line. It's your hair and you're free to do with it what you please but... No thanks.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
My gf just shaves her legs for special ocations two or three times a year but she grows little and very thin legs hair so you can only tell she has if you get close to her legs. If she grew thicker hair then i would like her to shave more frequently. Armpit hair must be shaved though.

As for myself, i have shaved and wax my armpits, legs, chest and belly but i don't botter to continue to do so.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Unless I'm wearing a dress or a skirt - which is practically never - I can't be arsed to shave my legs really. My armpit hair I shave more often, especially during the summer, but during the winter when I don't wear clothes that expose that part of me I don't shave as often.

So yeah, I am a hairy lady! =P

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
I don't like hairy women, however I would shave if someone demanded it of me. Right now I don't do that regularity since it's not like someone will notice anyway.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
Uh, I guess I'm not really a fan. There's enough hair on my own body. Besides, I think hairy legs aren't particularly appealing on anyone, but I'm not attracted to men, so it doesn't bother me when dudes have hairy legs.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
I shave my lower regions n that's it.

also, I don't care wether she shaves or not, although it would be appreciated I would never ask or demand it.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I do. For one, I find trimming to be enjoyable (something satisfying about cutting hair), and it makes your thing look better. Plus, it's a lot less of a mess and I find it's extremely more comfortable without it down there.

I do sort of expect it from the ladies as well, though I suppose I'd be able to live with it if they didn't. I attribute body hair as a masculine thing.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
I'm not fan of hairy ladies. Then again, I'm not a fan of hairy guys. I was a swimmer for a long time, so I still remove all of my hair because it feels better to me.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'm a woman (and a lesbian), and while I shave my armpits, I never saw any need to shave my legs. I'm Finnish anyway, so during most of the year I wear so much clothing no-one would see my legs anyway.

Although I imagine if my girlfriend asked, I'd shave.

I personally have no preference.

Mar 9, 2010
shewolf51 said:
Though I do get annoyed from time to time by the fact that society expects women to be almost hairless while men can be as hairy as they please.
A hairy man is just as disgusting as a hairy woman, sans beards and legs. Men with back hair and chest hair and hairy knuckles and all of that crap are awful, it makes me glad I don't have to deal with that.

OT: Women should shave legs and pits, it just looks better on them and I'm a man who holds physical appearance in high regard, higher than sausage rolls even. Downstairs is a different kettle of fish. It should be based entirely on what you and your partner are comfortable with, you are usually the only ones with regular access to it anyway.