Poll: Halo Reach

Sam Doctorman

Mar 24, 2010
I want to know why people a Hate or like halo reach. give me a reason, not like they took out the br, or only little kids play that game. Give me a real reson

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Sam Doctorman said:
I want to know why people a Hate or like halo reach. give me a reason, not like they took out the br, or only little kids play that game. Give me a real reson
Flame bait deployed! Let's see what happens, shall we?

OT: I like it. It's probably the best in the series.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Its fun.
That's a major one for me.
I like the Health Bar system, it makes things a lot more interesting.
The multiplayer options are great, and the different game modes for Matchmaking are awesome, its cool that you get a choice of several game types depending on the Basic Game you select at matchmaking.

The weapons are cool and there is a nice variety.

The Armor Pickups are a lot of fun to mess around with, i just wish they would have made Active Cammo actually....stealthy, most people can pick AC users off easily, even when thay are standing still, though its awesome to hear someone rage once the Radar goes crazy.

And i like the story, its really interesting, and Reach looks Awesome.

Spaghetti

Goes Well With Pesto
Sep 2, 2009

I think we're at "Guarded" at the moment, but I expect that to increase in the next 2-5 minutes.

To answer OP, how about: Because I find it fun? Surely thats the only reason anyone should have for liking a game

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Because they enjoy the aesthetic, the controls are responsive, and multiplayer is active and enjoyable.

On the negative side, they don't enjoy the aesthetic, don't like the controls, don't like the story, don't like the fanbase, aren't interested in the subject matter, etc. Personally, I hate the fucking Pew Pew Hasbro lasers.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Thread = tinderbox

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Not the best game in the world, but a fun, solid shooter.

Oh, and Forge World is amazing.

Serving UpSmiles

Aug 4, 2010
Mmmm, Epic single player, set pieces, multiple game modes both creative and productive, engaging multiplayer and currency earning system, Fun.

Nah that stuff isn't REALLY what i look for in game

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I love it.

Its actually fun compared to other games I've played. The customization of gametypes and Firefight makes the games fresh and re-playable. And then there is the story, while not groundbreaking its still great.

Blank Kold

Aug 24, 2010
Story and mechanics are still a bit sub-par, but the game is fun enough, even with no weapon balance.

But then again, I've never enjoyed halo matchmaking. It ought to be pretty good once good custom game modes start to come out.

RobJameson

Mar 18, 2008
1) Reach isn't a good game ,the story makes no sense and takes a nice steamy one over all the established canon that Bungie considered 'integral' to the game. Not to mention the fact that ripping apart all the backstory which they paid people to create and spent a lot of effort making seems like a silly thing to do.

2) Multiplayer is completely out of balance, hit detection has some serious problems (sometimes DMR kills in 3 shots to the head, other times it takes 10?) and the Scorpion/Banshee are overpowered to the point of ridiculousness. Every time I use either my kills go into the 40-50 range and its gets pretty silly

3) There are barely any maps, what do we have for big team battle? Paradiso, Haemorrage, Spire (godawful map) and Boneyard (godawful map, one Scorpion - srsly?) and the closer battle map which really isn't designed for big battles. Since three of the maps are ripped from campaign they aren't balanced for online and don't have the fun gameplay of Haemorrage

4) DMR needs damage degredation at range, from what I've seen it doesn't appear to have it. What's resulted is getting damaged from ridiculous distances and the battles get boring

5) Gameplay is dull, it doesn't have the extra skill of Halo (Health was a bit more important, headshots to shields did more damage than a bodyshot to shield) and the 'abilities' make very little distance. Massive lack of anti-vehicle weapons so the heavy vehicles dominate the game, Warthog now sucks and is basically a ticklecannon that takes two people to run. Also the new vehicle damage is silly (they have a set amount of hitpoints and then explode when they are used up - my scorpion has just randomly exploded from one DMR shot before when my HP is at full)

Mighty Lighty

Mar 23, 2009
I had been playing halo reach since release date and hadn`t had any issues
but yesterday my 20gb hard drive died, and today I bought a second-hand 60gb hard drive and i now get a green screen when I load it up

damn, damn it all

Talon Julius

Sep 7, 2010
62 to 2. Either the trolls haven't noticed it or have really changed heart.

Well anyway I loved the game. The campaign is very good, the graphic are gorgeous, and the multiplayer is brilliant. First (and last I suppose) to beat the original as my favorite.

UnwishedGunz

Apr 24, 2009
i like the game cause of the assassinations and the armor abilitys, i hate the game cause of the little kids who play it