Poll: happy vs sad (or optimistic vs pasimistic)

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I'm an optimist that generally enjoys himself. Throw a girl in the mix and all of a sudden it's a rollercoaster. Still an optimist though.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
There is always something to be happy and sad about. With your train of thought, it would be impossible to be either happy or sad. When you say that you're sad, you're focusing on the negative aspects of life. When you say that you're happy, you're focusing on the positive aspects of life. None overlap each other, you just tend to look at one at a time. Sometimes, you focus on being sad for a longer time and convince yourself that it is worth being sad about and that it is a big deal. It's not. Of course a set of rules follow but that's a general guideline.

No one has a good life, only a good attitude.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
I try and spend my time happy unless something upsets me. I find that there's always something to be happy about, and try to let that reflect in my attitude. Lots of pretty girls say that the thing they love about me is that I've always got a reason to be smiling, and if pretty girls are saying it then it's bound to be a good thing.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
I'm very much a cynic and a pessimist. I have an anxiety disorder and depression is often connected closely with it. When i am happy, it's often the result of individual moments that act almost like an anaesthetic before it inevitably wears off and it kicks back in again.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'm a realist.

That said I try to maintain a positive tone and energy because negativity leads to unnecessary stress and acts as a snowball effect on people around you (very evident in a call center environment making the work day as a whole much worse)

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I'm a pessimist because 1) things have a habit of falling to s*** in my life. I have a habit of persevering nevertheless, but still. And 2) it means things are a pleasant surprise when they don't fall to s***. I'd rather be unnecessarily ready than not be ready when necessary.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
I'm an optimist all the way. Not one of those "sunshine and rainbows everywhere!" kinda optimists but I know things could always be worse so I enjoy what I have and where I am in life. I'm also determined to see the bright side to any and all situations. The only way my mindset will change is if I'm blind(completely), deaf, dumb, mute, lame and homeless because that's about as low as it gets.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Usually happy.

But your spelling made a tear fall down my cheek.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
Hagi said:
Usually happy.

But your spelling made a tear fall down my cheek.
oh give me a break im both discrafic (meaning i have a lot of spelling mistakes in every language) and eanglish isnt my first language...
so up yours

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Neither, really. It's actually kinda hard to make me happy or sad, I just live my life and face whatever it throws at me. When something happens, good or bad, I acknowledge it and figure out how to move on as quick as possible. Hate to say it, but I remember feeling pretty much the exact same when a) my sister graduated university Saturday and b) my childhood friend's dad died of cancer a few years ago.

Basically, my mood is either content or irate. I either let something slide, or get pissed about it and then let it go. I'm content most of the time, so I'll vote that I'm a magical content unicorn.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
idodo35 said:
oh give me a break im both discrafic (meaning i have a lot of spelling mistakes in every language) and eanglish isnt my first language...
so up yours
I'd rather give you a spell checker.

And how is me being sad about your spelling a bad thing? I'm not angry. I'm just sad. Language is beautiful and it saddens me to see it like that, even if for a perfectly valid reason like dysgraphia.