Poll: Harrison Ford

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Jamieson 90 said:
Porbably Han solo but one of my favourites is John Book, who you ask? Check out Witness 1985,pretty decent film.
I was thinking of adding him but then again, John Book wouldn't come close to the level of popularity of the other characters. The one off movies like Air Force One, Blade Runner and the Fugitive are way better known that Witness.

Nov 28, 2007
Bitter Hobbit said:
This is quite a tough one, on one hand, Han is just a bad ass and he played the role really really well, on the other so is Indy and, maybe it's just me but he seems to enjoy being Indiana more.

I'm gonna go with Henry Jones Jr, because I flipped a coin and that one won, but they are both great characters portrayed excellently by Harrison Ford. Oh and I like Crystal Skull *runs*
*chases* Wait for me! There's room for two in that bunker!

Yeah, I like every Indiana Jones movie, though some more than others.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
Most iconic? Indy. He wasn't the big star in Star Wars, more like the second banana to Mark Hamill. The one that comes first to my mind? Rick Deckard. God do I love Blade Runner. I think I need to do a back to back re-watch of that and Watchmen sometime.

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
To be the odd one out, Jack Ryan. I'm not entirely sure why, I just prefer those types of movies to Star Wars or the IJ ones.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
While Star Wars is the more iconic series the spotlight there was shared, so I'd go with Indiana Jones where Ford is the lone iconic figure.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
kortin said:
Indiana Jones, of course, apparently that's a rather uncommon opinion (from people I know, but not from the poll >.>).

It's similar with Robert Downey Jr., most people think of Iron Man when they see him, but I tend to think of Sherlock Holmes.
Robert Downey Jr. was always Wayne Gale, the guy from Natural Born Killers to me, until Tropic Thunder. He completely blew me away with those two performances.

Like Iron Man, not really amused by the Holmes bit.

Dragonclaw

Dec 24, 2007
I have to go with Indy on this one. He didn't have a larger cast to play off of and while he was a great Han Solo the Indiana Jones movies were all him.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Well he is Indiana Jones, though Han Solo is a close second, not sure why but Indy comes to my mind first and then Solo, and though Blade Runner is awesome, I think that just for the fact that there was only one movie and it's not as popular as Indiana Jones or Star Wars, I don't picture that first.

lockeslylcrit

Dec 28, 2008
For me, personally, Jack Ryan. Heresy, I know, but I absolutely loved his role in the Tom Clancy movies.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Indiana Jones

His performance as Han Solo always felt a bit too hammy.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
First thing I think when I think Harrison Ford is Han Solo, but my favourite Ford movie is the fugitive.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Indiana Jones. Clearly the most iconic role, for me. Others would be the various other modern day action-roles from Frantic to Air Force One. Rick Deckard in Blade Runner also deserves an honorary mention.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Difficult, Indy, Han and Deckard are all kind of the same dude in different situations.

Kilo24

Aug 20, 2008
Most iconic? Indiana Jones. Han Solo wasn't the protagonist; Indiana Jones had his face pasted everywhere over the whole franchise.

Now, best? Allie Fox in The Mosquito Coast. He managed the brilliant, domineering inventor role quite well, and that's a hell of a lot more nuanced than the big roles he's known for.